~~~Here it is!~~~ Illuminations Dessert Party June 18th registration thread!

Hey guys - don't worry, as I said above I'm hoping to send out the emails regarding how to officially register and make the deposit payment around the end of the week/this weekend :)

Thanks Penny for ogragnizing this event! We would love to come! It's perfect timing! The kids would be out of school! I e-mailed you! Thanks!

Telly

WebmasterPenny said:
Hey guys - don't worry, as I said above I'm hoping to send out the emails regarding how to officially register and make the deposit payment around the end of the week/this weekend :)

Penny,
Do you know how much the deposits (for adults and kids--age 11) will be for each event (I'm interested in the Adventurer's Club, Illuminations buffet, and Animal Kingdom private party)?
Thanks,
DJ

P.S. Do we order food vouchers this weekend, or can we order later? I am not sure about them yet. Will there be any for character meals? We want to try Chef Mickeys (before our twins turn 12 and we have to pay adult rates).

DJ

The deposits will be $15 per adult/$10 per child for the AC and Dessert Party. For the Safari Dinner that will be $25 per adult/$15 per child. Due to numbers being so important for the Safari Dinner what I propose is that <i>if people want</i> they can send one check for the AC/Dessert party, and enclose a 2nd one with just the Safari Dinner. That way I can cash it separately - if the event goes ahead, in the bank it goes - if it doesn't get enough interest (and I won't really know that until people start to put their money where there mouth is ;) ) then it's no big deal and the check goes through the shredder un-cashed.

Of course, the other alternative is to just send the one check - if people are certain that they are doing one of the other events then the $25/$15 could just work as a 'credit' towards the balance payment of those. Uh....does that make sense? I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself very well, LOL.

With regards to the meal vouchers I think we may as well order them later - unless people want to specifically budget themselves by paying this far in advance - otherwise I'll have to order some...then order some more...then order some more...you get the idea. Personally I think it would be more sensible to wait until after all the events have had the balance payment made and everything is set in stone. On that basis we can start thinking about them around April time and I'll be able to order them all in one hit :)

I don't know much about these vouchers to be honest - still waiting for a list of the places they can be used - but judging by the prices she quoted me I do not think they'd include Character meals (if they do then they are a bargain!) unless she has given me child prices. I was just told:-

Quick & Casual Breakfast - $11
Quick & Casual Lunch or Dinner - $15

Actually thinking about it I don't even know if that includes tax or not. Too many things to think about right now that those details escaped me and I haven't even asked, sorry! :o

Hi Penny,
Any idea about when and how to pay for the backstage tours yet?
Thanks for doing all this!
Patti

Hi Patti

I just have a question out with the Rep, who in turn is waiting for a response from the folks at the Disney Institute with regards to something that needs to be clarified before we go any further with the tours. It won't affect us actually doing them, so they're not in doubt or anything like that...but it's something that we have to get a definite yes or no on before we progress.

That aside, then I do know that they have to be paid in full at time of booking. As the tours aren't as critical to get booked as early as the main events (because with those we are locking in one specific location) right now I'm focussing on finalising the details of 'the biggies' then we can hammer out the details of what tour we'll do on which day and then we can get it booked up when we're all ready to stump up the cash :)

We are so excited. We sent our info to you and can't wait to hear what is decided! Thanks Penny! :flower1:

Just a FYI. The registration mail was sent late yesterday afternoon and everyone on the mailing list should now know what they need to do in order to pay their deposits.

If you think you should already be on the mailing list but didn't receive the email, or are interested in attending any of these events but haven't already pre-registered then send an email to projectx@wdwinfo.com and I'll get the info back to you by return of mail.

There is a maximum attendance limit on both the Adventurers Club and Illuminations Dessert Party and therefore places will be offered on a strictly first come, first serve basis based on when the deposit payment is received.

Have a great weekend everyone! :sunny:

Penny,
I have never mailed anything to the UK. I put 3 (US) stamps on it since you said it would be about $.80 and just put it out in my mailbox. I hope that works.

Does anyone know if I should have took it directly to the Post Office to mail to the UK?

It is outside waiting for the postman to come today, so hopefully it makes it across the 'pond' to you :boat: .

Thanks again for all you have done. I do so hope the Animal Kingdom Party is a go, that will be SO much fun! Let us know what kind of response you get and if it starts to look good for this to happen.
DJ

Penny,

I just found this thread also when you added the links. I just send the email. We also have AOL so thanks for the heads up on the reply. Will you let us know via email if the event we are interested is filled? I'm concerned since I just sent the email today if it's too late to sign up and pay the deposit.

I already registered but Im having comp problems so I sent in a new e-mail to reregister with an e-mail addy I can access elsewhere. Thanks!

DJ - just putting it in the mail was fine, no need for a special trip to the Post Office :)

wdwnut61 - I'll be sure to let everyone know when/if an event fills to capacity but I don't think you need to worry just yet, I'm sure most people who got the registration email yesterday still only posted their checks on Saturday too....and that plenty more won't even do it till Monday - that's assuming that everyone on the mailing list still decides to even attend!

Unfortunately I have to withdraw. :sad2:

There is a strong chance that I will be out of state most of June, including the Project X dates. I will not know for certain for another couple of weeks, so I have decided not to mail my registration and will open up my spots for someone else.

Shari

Penny,
I hope registration is going well. I know you have put so much work into this, so I hope you are getting a good response. Are you able to tell us yet if the two smaller events (AC and Illuminations buffet) will be a go?

DJ

Penny,

If we don't have enough for the Safari and we switch that to a Grand Gathering, when might that be? Would there be enough time to do it on Sunday with the Illuminations Viewing, or would it have to be Thursday (which would probably be bad for me, either the 16th or the 23rd - not there the 16th, at the 5PM Hoop De Doo on the 23rd).

Let us know!

MrShiny said:
Penny,

If we don't have enough for the Safari and we switch that to a Grand Gathering, when might that be? Would there be enough time to do it on Sunday with the Illuminations Viewing, or would it have to be Thursday (which would probably be bad for me, either the 16th or the 23rd - not there the 16th, at the 5PM Hoop De Doo on the 23rd).

Let us know!

We won't be there on Thursday, we were only coming for the weekend, so we couldn't make it on Thursday either. So the Grand Gathering Dinner wouldn't work for us.

Actually, since it doesn't look like the AC is going to be a go, we won't be coming until Saturday night and we would be leaving Tuesday morning (we were going to really be pushing it to be there on Friday, but we didn't want to miss the AC event if it had been a go).

DJ

I must say I was surprised and disappointed with the initial tally on the deposit checks received. However, it could be that a few more days are necessary. I mailed my check at the post office on 1/22 which was the day after the announcement and I received confirmation on 2/1. Let's hope " the check's in the mail." I hear that at work every day.

I've got my fingers crossed as well...hoping penny receives a deluge of checks by Thursday............

:flower:

Hi Penny

My husband and I are still waiting to hear if we can get the time off work. Hopefully we will hear soon and I can get you a cheque. So sorry for the delay. :blush:

I am REALLY, REALLY, REALLY looking forward to this! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter