~~~Here it is!~~~ Illuminations Dessert Party June 18th registration thread!

Sounds good, Penny. Thanks for all your work on this. :D

If we are registered for several events, can we send a single check for all events, or will they need to be separate checks? I guess the latter might be easier for you to keep track, in case something cancels for lack of participation.

I am assuming we can send checks and not have to use PayPal. Have you decided?

Oh my goodness, no, I'll take one check for all the deposits rather than individual ones - otherwise I can see it now...sitting in the middle of the Living room floor - buried alive under 300+ checks, hehehe.

No, I'll just be logging all payments the good old fashioned way in a spreadsheet/ledger or something - the deposit's will still have to be paid to Disney initially, regardless of if it later cancels, any refunds that need to be made will then be made from my check account when/if needed. A bit laborious but I don't really see any way around it.

Checks will be the preferred and requested choice of payment - each time I receive a check I'll immediately send notice that it's arrived safely. Now would be a good time to point out to anyone who doesn't already know it, but I do live in the UK so the mail will take a little longer to arrive - letters usually only take about 5-7 working days to arrive so it's not really a biggie, just something to be aware of.

I am prepared to consider taking a few payments by Paypal as well, but only if people <i>really</i> want to do it that way and assuming that I'm still within my monthly transaction 'limit' - I want that to be the exception rather than the rule though because I'm a bit old fashioned really - I prefer to have something like that physically in my grubby little hands rather than having it floating around in the digital ether, so to speak, LOL

Ooops! - Yes, I forgot that you are in the U.K. Hey - a single check will make it easier, for sure! LOL.

Hey Penny,

LOVE<LOVE, the AKL idea. I have already signed up for Illuminations dessert and AC party. Want to add my name to list for Safari as well.

2 adults 2 kids...ages 14, and 15. (but I guess that is 4 adults in Dis terms)

okay here goes a really stupid ????
when I send the check to the UK, does it require more than a .37 cents postage stamp which is what a regular 8 oz. letter costs here in the USA.
wouldn't want my check to get lost in our wonderful postal system.

so sorry, the first line of the thread got lost some how.

count 4 people for AKL safari. were in. either saturday or monday would work for us.

thanks

Penny,
I need to add an adult to my original count - there will be one instead of two. Do you want me to send another e-mail?
Thanks,
Dana

HI
I sent you an email. I am have received an auto response. I am interested in the illuminations party, the innovation and design tours and the AKL. I would like to send you one check for everything and after reading everything here your in the UK when do you want these depsoits by. I would also like to send you a check. Also I was wondering about room discounts as I will be coming alone. My DH is not interested in attending this time.

Thanks

Kelly

Hey guys,

I'm still working on getting the contracts ready and signed but our rep is being a little ellusive at the moment! Hopefully this should be sorted soon and once I have the dates and events confirmed as definite I promise I'll let you know and official registration (ie sending deposits) will begin immediately from that point.

Basically, everyone who is on the mailing list will get notification via email to make sure that they have first shot at the events that may have maximum capacity issues - that's the only thank you I have to give to everyone who took the time to register :)

After I'm happy that everyone from the mailing list has had time to commit (if they still want to), then I will announce on the boards how everyone else can book their place at the events that are still open at that point (ok, so I'm probably an optimist hoping that things might sell out from the mailing list alone, but hey - a girls got to dream, right? ;) ).

minijeanie, not sure how much a stamp to the UK costs, I'll check - I think it be something like 60 cents, that rings a bell.

Oh, and if anyone is interested I've already seen a thread on the Meets Board suggesting a Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea DIS mini-meet - if anyone's interested, head on over and let them know. The Meets Board may also be a good place to hang out and meet some other attendee's, which I would think is an especially good idea if you are travelling solo but may want some company whilst you are there.

Just a thought :)

Thanks for all of your hard work, Penny! It is looking more and more like we are going to be able to come and I am SOOO excited. I am especially excited that DH is now getting excited about it too! When he is happy, I am happy :love: .

This is going to be a lot of fun. You are a sweetie to do all of this!
DJ

BTW, are you still planning for something on Monday? We are starting to watch airfares for good deals and I am trying to decide what day we should head back.

Thanks,
DJ

Right now I definitely plan to add something for Monday - if not the AK dinner then it'll hopefully it'll be the character meal :)

Great news that it looks like you may be able to make it after all - you've been one of the more enthusiastic people right from the start so it would have been a shame if you'd had to miss it!

Just curious -- do you think things will be ready for sign-up, deposits, etc. before mid-February? I'll be totally out of reach (computer-wise) from 2/3 to 2/16; no way to check my email or disboards. As we get close to February if nothing's happened yet, but looks like it will at any time, can I PM you and make some arrangements to ensure my family doesn't miss out? Thank you! Laura :D

Rachel, I'm fairly confident that I'll be able to open up for deposits before the end of January so you should be fine :)

If things do go a bit slower than planned and looks to be when you are offline then yes, we'll work something out - no problem there.

Penny,
Will you know what days each event will be held before you need the deposits (i.e., AK private party)?

DJ

Hi DJ, I'm still waiting to hear back the situation about how evening EMH is affecting events. I'm hoping that we'll know the what's happening before having to pay deposits - if not we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

hey penny whats going on
any news on anything yet
i have made contact with someone about sharing a room
woohoo
i was just wondering about the akl things and dates
for stuff im starting my itinerary and deposits
let me know
where is everyone whose going maybe we should start a thread for people to chat about the upcoming trip??

Hiya! Good news about the room share :)

Just to update everyone, contracts are being drawn up <i>right now</i> for the Adventurers Club and the Dessert Party and should be signed within the week :bounce: I've also asked our rep to formally pencil us in for the AK dinner on the Saturday night with a view to drawing up that contract too - she knows already that this was the date we were looking at but of course, until we formalise it then it can be whipped away by someone else at any time :o Of course, we still have the EMH problem to deal with... nobody knows what the situation will be for that in June so I guess we'll just have to suck it up and deal with it as best we can in the meantime.

So - I'll be opening registration to all the people who joined the mailing list imminently to make sure they all have the opportunity to get their deposits in first to guarantee their spot at any events that have maximum capacity (Adventurers Club and it looks like I'll have to cap the Illuminations Dessert party too so that we're not all jammed in like sardines) - that will hopefully be the end of this week or the weekend. Then when I'm confident all the folks on the mailing list have had their chance to formally register if they want then I'll announce publicly on the boards to everyone else who's interested that they can register and send in deposits.

Tours - I'm just waiting to have one little thing verified before I can open that up too. I have been told though that we have to pay for these as a Group event just like the other events - meaning people can't make payment for them direct to Disney like I hoped, but I'll have to pay and you guys will have to pay me back - urgh, I was hoping to avoid that little headache for at least some of this, ah well.

Meal Vouchers - I've had it confirmed that we can get both breakfast and lunch vouchers for our group, I'm just trying to get an up to date list of the places they can be used at. The only criteria is that you <i>have</i> to attend at least one event in order to qualify to purchase these. They will have expiry dates - most likely they'll only be valid to either the end of June, or possibly July 2005.

Group rates at hotel rooms. Still waiting to find out exactly what they can do for us on this - as soon as I hear any definite stuff I'll let you all know :)

I can't believe I'm about to sign this stuff...I actually feel sort of nervous (in a nice, excited kind of way of course.)

Penny
I am so excited! And confused. Does this mean that you have already sent the email outlining registration?? I did preregister ( you did sent me the confirming email) but I have not received anything today about registration.
:badpc:
Help - I don't want to miss anything!

Yes, please let us know when the actual registration/deposit request will go out.

Anyway we can get this thread sticky? I seem to keep getting unsubscribed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter