Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get my second dose of Pfizer tomorrow. My BIL gets his second of Moderna either next Monday or Tuesday. My wife and daughter were in our local Meijer today and they were doing J&J shots walk-up so my daughter got that one.

Everyone in my immediate will be fully vaccinated in three weeks!

Last edited:
I get my second dose of Pfizer this coming Tuesday morning. You'd think after the anxiety before the first dose that I'd be okay this time, but no. My anxiety is ramping up. I also know that this is the dose that is more likely to make me feel like crap. I already feel bad. I had surgery on March 4th and have been non-weight bearing all this time. Every joint in my body hurts from lugging around either a heavy cast or boot and crawling up and down the stairs. Well, maybe I just won't notice the side effects!

I get my second dose of Pfizer this coming Tuesday morning. You'd think after the anxiety before the first dose that I'd be okay this time, but no. My anxiety is ramping up. I also know that this is the dose that is more likely to make me feel like crap. I already feel bad. I had surgery on March 4th and have been non-weight bearing all this time. Every joint in my body hurts from lugging around either a heavy cast or boot and crawling up and down the stairs. Well, maybe I just won't notice the side effects!

I was super anxious about the 2nd dose side effects, but so far so good. It's now past the 24 hour mark and other than a sore arm at the injection site, nothing to report. I was hoping to have an excuse to be lazy today and do nothing but I can't really do that now, so I've been up cooking and doing laundry and went for a walk and everything.

I drove the 2 hours to campus to spend most of the day with DD to celebrate her getting her second Pfizer vaccine today! :cheer2: And just like that, our entire immediate family has had all their shots. In 2 weeks we will all be at max immunity. Despite living in 3 spots, we will all be able to mingle and visit at will without feeling like we're planning a complicated chess maneuver.

Happy day! :flower1: So far anyway. Still waiting to see how she does with side effects tonight. Our family is due for someone to not have side effects. ;)

I received my 2nd Moderna at 10am yesterday. I tossed and turned all night and finally got up at 6 with 102 fever. Headache, chills and aches come and go. Even with Tylenol I can’t get the fever to go below 100.6. It goes down to low grade a couple of hours after the Tylenol and then heads right back up to 101 - 102. I’ve been miserable all day!

I received my 2nd Moderna at 10am yesterday. I tossed and turned all night and finally got up at 6 with 102 fever. Headache, chills and aches come and go. Even with Tylenol I can’t get the fever to go below 100.6. It goes down to low grade a couple of hours after the Tylenol and then heads right back up to 101 - 102. I’ve been miserable all day!
Sorry you feel so crummy. Trying alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen every two hours. That may help get the fever down. Feel better soon!

Y'all it's another miracle..

Father-in-law's wife who has said nope no way is she getting this vaccine has her appointment for one on Tuesday!! Met with them last night for dinner when they told us. I believe recent health scares (with her and with people she's known who have passed very recently as in the last week or so though not from covid) along with more people around her getting it pushed her through to agreeing to it. She doesn't want to get it but is agreeing to. I sure hope she keeps her appointment for Tuesday and doesn't end up backing out. It's just such a relief she ended up agreeing to it. She'll be getting either Moderna or Pfizer from what she knows.

The other miracle is her son who was following her lead ended up choosing to get the vaccine as well. He got it at his college campus and got J&J.

My mother-in-law and step-father-in-law had their second dose of Moderna on 3/31 and didn't have really any side effects from what they said. My mom had her second dose of Pfizer on 4/2 she said her arm was a little sore, ran a slight fever for a few hours overnight but that was all.

Mine and my husband's second dose of Pfizer is this Friday 4/16 so I'll update again several days after that for our experience.

I'm 57 and received my second Pfizer vaccine yesterday.

First Dose - Tiniest bit of soreness at the injection site. I only noticed it when I rolled on my arm in bed.

Second Dose - I received the shot at 8:45 am. My arm was sore at the injection site fairly soon thereafter. I had slight chills about 2:00 pm, but they didn't last long. I started feeling cold late afternoon and around 7:00 pm my entire injection arm become achy, I had chills and a low-grade fever (100 degrees). All of those effects went away after just a few hours, but I slept very poorly and had a slight headache this morning. I also thought I might throw up at one point this morning, but avoided that. A nap and aspirin took care of the headache and I'm feeling mostly normal now, although still tired.
Update - After making my first post, I had slight chills and the back of my neck hurt for a few hours late Saturday afternoon. Took aspirin, felt better during the evening hours but then had night sweats and a neck ache overnight. Despite the clammy sheets, I did sleep much better than Friday night. Sunday was a better day although I felt a bit off/fuzzy and the lymph nodes under my injection arm were swollen. Still tired today but hopefully past most of the other side effects.

Y'all it's another miracle..

Father-in-law's wife who has said nope no way is she getting this vaccine has her appointment for one on Tuesday!! Met with them last night for dinner when they told us. I believe recent health scares (with her and with people she's known who have passed very recently as in the last week or so though not from covid) along with more people around her getting it pushed her through to agreeing to it. She doesn't want to get it but is agreeing to. I sure hope she keeps her appointment for Tuesday and doesn't end up backing out. It's just such a relief she ended up agreeing to it. She'll be getting either Moderna or Pfizer from what she knows.

The other miracle is her son who was following her lead ended up choosing to get the vaccine as well. He got it at his college campus and got J&J.

My mother-in-law and step-father-in-law had their second dose of Moderna on 3/31 and didn't have really any side effects from what they said. My mom had her second dose of Pfizer on 4/2 she said her arm was a little sore, ran a slight fever for a few hours overnight but that was all.

Mine and my husband's second dose of Pfizer is this Friday 4/16 so I'll update again several days after that for our experience.
Great news! My husband and I also have our second Pfizer dose this Friday. Yippee!!!

My husband got J&J on Saturday. I had to be work my tail off to get it for him. He wanted the one and done. On Sunday, his arm was very sore and he felt extra tried. We are in Maine

My brother got his first Pzifer in MA on Saturday, despite not be eligible yet. Not sure how it happened but I'm glad that he could get it. He has severe anxiety around medical things but felt the drive thru clinic would be better and he did well.

I am more than 2 weeks past my second shot and so is my mom. I was glad to hear that my daycare provider is actually considering getting vaccinated. She was against it for a long time but is about to have gastric bypass and doesn't want anything to mess it up.

Great news! My husband and I also have our second Pfizer dose this Friday. Yippee!!!
Thanks!

We're excited to get our second one, it feels like this big hump we're about to get over. Time went fast though I'll tell ya between our first dose and now this next one being several days away. Glad it did though :) Hope yours goes well!!

I'll be fully vaccinated (taking into consideration the 2 weeks after the 2nd dose) just before my birthday so I'll consider that an early b-day present :hyper:

I got my second Moderna shot on Saturday. I thought I was ok until the middle of the night when it hit me - fever (100.7), chills, horrible headache and body aches. I was up from about 2am-5am just miserable. I took some Aleve and that helped me get an hour or so of sleep before we left on a 8 hour road trip that was hellish for me. I just kept popping tylenol on the drive and tried (unsuccessfully) to sleep. I slept ok last night in the hotel and feel "ok" this morning. My arm is still very sore, but I don't have a headache yet so I can deal with my arm.

I'm scheduled to get my shot today at work, the J&J one. My sisters got theirs on Friday, and they had a day of fevers and headaches and a half day of recovery. I am not excited to be feverish, but at this point I just want to get it over with and done.
Definitely gonna hydrate before and after a ton! Will try to do a little bit of moving around to get my body pumping, too. I think my anxiety will amount to more than the side effects will.

We are looking to move from Tallahassee to Orlando and on Wednesday I was able to score a J&J vax appointment for Saturday at a Publix in Orlando. Got it done at 11:45, then went house shopping (it was a bust). The hotel bed wasn't very comfortable I remember waking up at 2,4,5,and 6 and I couldn't determine if me being tired and achey was because of the bed or the vaccine. All I know is we got back home to Tally after driving through all those damn storms and I struggled to stay up till 8pm when I was like "now its bed time" and I slept from 8pm till 8am. Near the injection site my arm sometimes feels a little tender, but no real complaints and I feel refreshed from that wonder sleep....(now could I please sleep like that at least once a week :) )

My sister, brother-in-law, my husband, and I all got our second doses on Saturday (Pfizer).

My brother-in-law is the only one of us who had COVID. He had the worst time of it. He started feeling less-than-great within a few hours of getting the shot. (He is also the only one who had any symptoms after shot #1.) He spent almost all of yesterday in bed. At one point he spiked a fever as high as 103.6. Today he says he feels "not good, not bad... just eh..."

My sister felt OK until last night (kind of achy, but not bad). In the evening (about 28 hours past shot) she got a fever (not as high as BIL's) and felt pretty lousy to the point that she went to bed early. But she says she feels better today.

I felt achy yesterday (but we also had a 20-degree temperature swing and it started raining, so I'm not sure if the aching was really vaccine related), and had a few chills in the evening... but nothing too terrible. Never had a fever, didn't feel great, but took care of everything I needed to do yesterday. I feel OK today.

My husband says he feels terrible -- he has complained about a headache that "feels like his skull is going to implode" and body aches that "feel like he's been beaten up by a street gang." He took his temperature many times but hasn't had a fever. He relaxed yesterday by playing video games and watching movies all day (but was not "sick in bed") and is working today. He's still complaining though. I'm guessing he doesn't feel great, but I think he's being dramatic.

My sister, brother-in-law, my husband, and I all got our second doses on Saturday (Pfizer).

My brother-in-law is the only one of us who had COVID. He had the worst time of it. He started feeling less-than-great within a few hours of getting the shot. (He is also the only one who had any symptoms after shot #1.) He spent almost all of yesterday in bed. At one point he spiked a fever as high as 103.6. Today he says he feels "not good, not bad... just eh..."

My sister felt OK until last night (kind of achy, but not bad). In the evening (about 28 hours past shot) she got a fever (not as high as BIL's) and felt pretty lousy to the point that she went to bed early. But she says she feels better today.

I felt achy yesterday (but we also had a 20-degree temperature swing and it started raining, so I'm not sure if the aching was really vaccine related), and had a few chills in the evening... but nothing too terrible. Never had a fever, didn't feel great, but took care of everything I needed to do yesterday. I feel OK today.

My husband says he feels terrible -- he has complained about a headache that "feels like his skull is going to implode" and body aches that "feel like he's been beaten up by a street gang." He took his temperature many times but hasn't had a fever. He relaxed yesterday by playing video games and watching movies all day (but was not "sick in bed") and is working today. He's still complaining though. I'm guessing he doesn't feel great, but I think he's being dramatic.
Sounds great for vaccine availability for you guys. Around here it's still a bit slow, it seems...

Update-I'm almost 24 hours post-second dose of Pfizer now. About 6:30 last night, so six hours after the shot, I started feeling achy: shoulders, thigh muscles, and knees, as well as the injection arm. By 9:30, it felt like I had been in a street fight, so I took a couple of Advil. I slept pretty well, but today I feel wrung out. Sort of like if I had spent yesterday at the gym and then got super drunk afterward. Nothing is particularly painful (though I did pop a couple more Advil with breakfast), but I'm incredibly tired and just kinda sore. I'll take it, though! Still incredibly happy to have both doses complete :)

DD is 24 hours post second Pfizer vaccine. Knock wood, so far no side effects. It's just so odd to me after the other 4 of us in the family all had pretty bad side effects that first 24 hours (2 of us Moderna and 2 of us JnJ). I'm so happy for her though!

Arm hurts like heck, but that's not the side effect we were concerned with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter