Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my vaccine. No real pain from the injection. Because I have reactions to bee stings (I swell up like a ballon) I am having to wait 30 minutes vs 15 minutes. This is not something I’ve heard before. Lucky me. I’m kind of glad that I didn’t know in advance because it may have dissuaded me.
Bees do that to me too, but I didn't even think to mention it. After my first Pfizer shot, I told DH it felt like I had been stung by a bee. That sensation only lasted a couple minutes. I ended up with a good sized bruise & knot underneath the skin. Both are still there, but they're fading. Today was our second shot. This one didn't give me the bee sting sensation. We're only 6 1/2 hours out, so it's yet to be determine what type of side effects we'll have. DH says he can see a little bruising around the injection site, but there's no knot. At least, not yet.

I'm now 2 weeks past my 2nd Moderna shot. :flower1: I only had a slightly sore arm for both. Our state has opened up all phases to include 16 and up, so my 2 oldest grandsons have been vaccinated. This has been such a looong year. We have been very lucky, so far no close relatives have been stricken with covid. Please get the vaccines when you can, social distance, wear a mask and wash your hands. We all need to do our part.

Other than a sore arm no side effects for my daughter after her first Maderna shot.

I called to find out why if I’m eligible I can’t get an appointment and was told there is a glitch and to pick another occupation. So I did that and am getting my first Pfizer today at 3. So yes, even though I’ve said I’ll wait, I am biting the bullet and getting the vaccine. One because I haven’t seen my parents since Christmas 2019 and two I’m ready to get out and cautiously do things I haven’t since March 2020. I am still nervous about the unknown. Wish me luck.
Congratulations! I know it wasn't an easy decision for you.

So DD17 got her second dose of Pfizer yesterday at noon. Did well all night, woke up feeling a little dizzy, but otherwise ok. By noon, she was miserable and felt flu-ish. Didn't have a fever last I checked. She was really hydrated going in, but did have a major medical procedure on Friday (doc ok'd the second dose so soon), so that might have something to do with it. She's been asleep on the couch for the last 3 hours, so hopefully wakes up feeling better.

DH gets his second tomorrow and I get my second on Sat.

Update on my first Pfizer shot. First couple of days, I had a sore arm and some body aches. Those are gone now. Now, I'm just fatigued, so I took the day off. Anyone else have delayed fatigue? I'm not looking forward to the second one. But I can't wait to get it over with. I want to be conscious for May.
Not on my first (Pfizer) shot, but my second. Got the shot in the morning 10:30am, and about 6:00pm I was suddenly more tired than I've ever been in my life and my stomach was upset. Lasted about 2 hours and then gone, but I was sort of "punky" for the rest of the evening. Better the next morning.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news...s-04-13-21/h_0c612f1751c4c4d16afde9fda08fe953
This will deal a blow to the vaccine roll out definitely. Here in NY they were planning to use this for the college kids so that they could be immunized before returning home. My husband works at a college where they have been administering the J&J. Both of my sons received the shot. The one is 3 weeks past administering and the other is at the 1 week time frame.

Second evening post second Pfizer shot and DD20 had no side effects! It's like a dang lottery. (As I mentioned earlier, the other 4 in family definitely had some so we had our share).

For anyone who wants to try to replicate, we went for a 2 1/2 mile walk just before and she also made sure to keep hydrated.

But mostly I think you just have to be lucky.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news...s-04-13-21/h_0c612f1751c4c4d16afde9fda08fe953
This will deal a blow to the vaccine roll out definitely. Here in NY they were planning to use this for the college kids so that they could be immunized before returning home. My husband works at a college where they have been administering the J&J. Both of my sons received the shot. The one is 3 weeks past administering and the other is at the 1 week time frame.
Yep - this is really unfortunate. Not saying they shouldn't investigate the issue, but pausing the entire vaccine over 8 cases out of nearly 7 million people seems a bit much. From a public opinion perspective, this will basically be the end of this vaccine.

15 hours post first Pfizer and other than a slightly sore arm, no side effects.

Second shot is on 5/5. I was thinking of taking that next day off just in case. I’m kinda bummed that I’ll be 4 days shy of being the 14 days past to be (feel) safe to go enjoy a beer at a brewery on my Birthday. After being so cautious through all this I am not going to start taking chances now. So that’ll have to wait until the following week.

Yep - this is really unfortunate. Not saying they shouldn't investigate the issue, but pausing the entire vaccine over 8 cases out of nearly 7 million people seems a bit much. From a public opinion perspective, this will basically be the end of this vaccine.

I hope not since it is a good alternative to the 2 shots. My daughter who is my science lover brought up a good point that the cases have been only in women from 18 - 49 years old. She said that birth control is also known to case blood clots and she wondered if these women were taking birth control. Would be interesting to see if that is the case.

I received my 2nd pfizer shot last Friday around 11 am. My arm stayed sore until I went to bed that night but seemed fine on Saturday with only a small soreness if I lifted it way up and my shirt rubbed on it. I was a little more tired then normal on Saturday and snuck in two 45 minute naps then fell asleep on the couch about 9 pm but other then that felt fine. DH had his the same time as me and the same thing with the sore arm. Except he had to work 5 am to 4 pm Saturday so he laid down at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday night and slept through the night.

I hope not since it is a good alternative to the 2 shots. My daughter who is my science lover brought up a good point that the cases have been only in women from 18 - 49 years old. She said that birth control is also known to case blood clots and she wondered if these women were taking birth control. Would be interesting to see if that is the case.
I hope not as well, but now that this is headline news there are a lot of people who won't trust it.

Side note - I fall into that age category and have been on birth control for about 25 years. I received the J&J a month ago with no issues. Totally anecdotal I know.

But mostly I think you just have to be lucky.

It's so interesting reading how different everyone's side effects are. One thing I've wondered is you know how there have been studies over the past year that people with type O blood are less likely to get Covid or at least have less severe symptoms? I wonder if the side effects to these vaccines have the same correlation? :scratchin I'm sure staying rested and hydrated will help, but reading the posts on here, it all seems so random....maybe it is just luck.

It's so interesting reading how different everyone's side effects are. One thing I've wondered is you know how there have been studies over the past year that people with type O blood are less likely to get Covid or at least have less severe symptoms? I wonder if the side effects to these vaccines have the same correlation? :scratchin I'm sure staying rested and hydrated will help, but reading the posts on here, it all seems so random....maybe it is just luck.
I wondered about that too. But we don't even know our blood types so I can't even formulate a theory.

Luck does seem the leading contender for my money though.

I hope not as well, but now that this is headline news there are a lot of people who won't trust it.

Side note - I fall into that age category and have been on birth control for about 25 years. I received the J&J a month ago with no issues. Totally anecdotal I know.

I suspect that's the reason why the Dutch government decided to not give AZ to people under certain ages. There were too many stories about other countries doing the same that I think they were afraid too many people would not get their vaccine because they didn't want to get AZ (and they either knew they were getting that one or they didn't know which one they would get so they decided not to get it just to be sure).

Here J&J has postponed their deliveries because of the stop in the US. I hope they won't go the same route as AZ will. Our mass vaccination strategy was based on the J&J vaccine here and it would suck if they either stopped using it or people wouldn't trust it anymore and too little people will get vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter