Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Covid Vaccine Recap: I have 3 kids (I have 4 all together, all over 22 yrs old) that are first responders that received the vaccine months ago. 2 had Moderna, 1 had Pfizer. The only one that had a mild second shot reaction (Pfizer) was the only one that had Covid. One day of feeling EH. I've had 2 shots of Pfizer. No adverse side effects. Drank lot's of water and kept moving. Make sure you hydrate, really well...it seriously helps!

I'm 57 and received my second Pfizer vaccine yesterday.

First Dose - Tiniest bit of soreness at the injection site. I only noticed it when I rolled on my arm in bed.

Second Dose - I received the shot at 8:45 am. My arm was sore at the injection site fairly soon thereafter. I had slight chills about 2:00 pm, but they didn't last long. I started feeling cold late afternoon and around 7:00 pm my entire injection arm become achy, I had chills and a low-grade fever (100 degrees). All of those effects went away after just a few hours, but I slept very poorly and had a slight headache this morning. I also thought I might throw up at one point this morning, but avoided that. A nap and aspirin took care of the headache and I'm feeling mostly normal now, although still tired.

Ditto for me. I felt like crap yesterday. Slept most of the day away and ate only a little. Feeling better today.

Im finally caving despite my fears. I signed up for the vax at work. I'll let you all know how it goes when it happens. It should be this week.
I'll need the moral support! ha :rolleyes1

I haven't heard from anyone who said the injection itself hurt. I didn't feel either of my shots. Just be prepared to pamper yourself the day after--take work off, have some comfy jammies and maybe a good book or movie to entertain you. After eating only a little all day yesterday (the day after my second shot) I had some soup late and that not only tasted great, but warmed me up. You can do it!

My 17 year old daughter had her first dose of Pfizer today. We were in and out of CVS in 17 minutes. They made it so easy. We checked in online, talked to a person in the front of the store, followed a red line, got a shot then waited. So far side effects are talking back, not respecting her parents, and spending too much time on her phone. I fear that these side effects will not go away.

Drank lot's of water and kept moving. Make sure you hydrate, really well...it seriously helps!

Yes! I drank an entire 32oz Gatorade and a TON of water yesterday. The only thing that disrupted my sleep was needing to get up and use the bathroom twice. It seems to have done the trick, though. I also did a 2 mile run yesterday morning. Heard it is a good thing to do a short workout (under 30 minutes) a few hours before to prime the immune system to respond more swiftly and efficiently.

Im finally caving despite my fears. I signed up for the vax at work. I'll let you all know how it goes when it happens. It should be this week.
I'll need the moral support! ha :rolleyes1

You got this! It's really no big deal and you will feel so relieved when it's done. I recommend bringing a distraction for the 15 minute wait. Bring a book, or headphones to listen to a podcast or something. Just give your mind something other than the vaccine to focus on.

Yes! I drank an entire 32oz Gatorade and a TON of water yesterday. The only thing that disrupted my sleep was needing to get up and use the bathroom twice. It seems to have done the trick, though. I also did a 2 mile run yesterday morning. Heard it is a good thing to do a short workout (under 30 minutes) a few hours before to prime the immune system to respond more swiftly and efficiently.

Anything to keep the circulation going definitely helps! 100% agree on continuing working out while getting the vaccines.

I haven't heard from anyone who said the injection itself hurt. I didn't feel either of my shots. Just be prepared to pamper yourself the day after--take work off, have some comfy jammies and maybe a good book or movie to entertain you. After eating only a little all day yesterday (the day after my second shot) I had some soup late and that not only tasted great, but warmed me up. You can do it!

Despite having tattoos, I HATE needles--- specifically, giving blood--- I was a bit anxious before the Vax, but honestly... did not feel a thing.

I'm about an hour post-second dose of Pfizer. Oddly, though I was anxious leading up to it, I felt great when I got to the vax site. Excited, even, while waiting in line. Spent my 15 minute waiting period with a rush of gratitude for Dr. Fauci, the scientists, the supply chain, and the selfless vaccinators who are working long hours to get shots into arms. So far so good, except that I'm starving! Happened after my first shot too. Not sure if it's the rush of relief or what, but I'm about to pig out lol

My first shot DID hurt quite a lot going in. It caught me off guard. My husband said the same thing about his first one. Neither of us felt the second shot, although my husband ended up with a bruise at the injection site that lasted a week after his second.

My hypothesis is that if the vaccine is colder, it hurts going in. When I got my first vaccine, a fresh tray of syringes had just been brought out to the pharmacist. Yesterday, they were already sitting there, so maybe they were closer to room temp which is why I didn't feel anything.

My youngest daughter just got her first shot this morning (Moderna). She qualifies as a health care professional (Vet Tech).

Even though I should qualify right now (essential government worker) it will not let me sign up. Everyone is eligible starting the 15th.

I'm about an hour post-second dose of Pfizer. Oddly, though I was anxious leading up to it, I felt great when I got to the vax site. Excited, even, while waiting in line. Spent my 15 minute waiting period with a rush of gratitude for Dr. Fauci, the scientists, the supply chain, and the selfless vaccinators who are working long hours to get shots into arms. So far so good, except that I'm starving! Happened after my first shot too. Not sure if it's the rush of relief or what, but I'm about to pig out lol

I was the same way yesterday afternoon! We literally DID pig out...ordered takeout BBQ from our favorite place. Tried a new appetizer. Crispy candied pork belly "burnt ends"....mmm.....

Yes. I got my first Moderna on 2/4 and my second on 3/4. Didn’t even feel the first injection at all. The second one hurt a little, like a flu shot. Approximately 13 hours later I woke up with the chills. And an hour after I woke up again with a fever, about 11:30pm. I ran a fever that maxed at 100.8. My arm was very sore and my my hips ached. My skin also felt sore and sensitive. I was very thirsty but couldn’t drink any water without feeling sickish. I drank tiny sips of plain iced tea (didn’t want a caffeine headache as well). I stayed in bed all day. By 5pm I felt like I could eat a little so had some soup. By 5:30 my symptoms were completely gone, just a little tired.
To me it was soooooo worth it! I’m flying to Disney this week!!! Haven’t been anywhere in over a year, can t wait!

Apparently the 4 week thing started in some places in order to get more people thru their first shot. Same thing happened to my sister and her husband.

I got my first Pfizer today and the panic attack before, during, and after has not been pleasant. It was at 9:25am and I’m just now calming down a bit. Arm is very sore, and I’m a bit tired but that could be all the adrenaline! I am hoping I don’t get a migraine (I am prone to them) because I fear I will be on my way to the ER fearing a blood clot if I do. Definitely not looking forward to the second shot. I wish I could test for immunity and just skip it, but unfortunately that’s not possible.

I honestly don’t think most people realize how hard doing something like this is for people who suffer from severe anxiety/panic attacks. I take three medications for it - one of which I was afraid to take this afternoon for fear of some weird interaction. Eeesh.

I have medical PTSD and you just described my situation exactly. The panic attacks I had in the weeks and MINUTES leading up to my shot on Friday were...insane. so many strangers got to see me cry at my clinic. Oof.

Having a few panic attacks today, too, as I play "side effect or seasonal allergies"? Trying to stave them off with cleaning and the DIS. Hang in there. You aren't alone.

My first shot DID hurt quite a lot going in. It caught me off guard. My husband said the same thing about his first one. Neither of us felt the second shot, although my husband ended up with a bruise at the injection site that lasted a week after his second.

My hypothesis is that if the vaccine is colder, it hurts going in. When I got my first vaccine, a fresh tray of syringes had just been brought out to the pharmacist. Yesterday, they were already sitting there, so maybe they were closer to room temp which is why I didn't feel anything.
My first one hurt going in a lot too, which surprised me after so many said they didn’t even feel it. Thankfully except for the sore arm and a little bout of nausea (fixed by eating), I was fine.

I get my second one Sat morning. Going to hydrate and hope for the best!

I was the same way yesterday afternoon! We literally DID pig out...ordered takeout BBQ from our favorite place. Tried a new appetizer. Crispy candied pork belly "burnt ends"....mmm.....
I LOVE burnt ends, but I haven't had them candied. Sounds amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter