Happy Disney 2017

A Club 33 type experience gets announced for all 4 parks.
Pay for Disney resort to resort individual transportation.
A new hotel gets announced in late 2017. As Disney continues to convert more deluxe rooms to DVC, they will eventually replace a small percentage of them to a moderate or value.

If the Pokemon Go trend continues, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney released a gaming app for its parks. Their park games ("Pirates", the sorcerer one, etc.) are all hugely popular, I would bet they expand on this an incorporate smartphones to draw in the pre-teen/teen/adult gamer crowd.

Happy 2017 everyone! pixiedust:

If the Pokemon Go trend continues, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney released a gaming app for its parks. Their park games ("Pirates", the sorcerer one, etc.) are all hugely popular, I would bet they expand on this an incorporate smartphones to draw in the pre-teen/teen/adult gamer crowd.

Happy 2017 everyone! pixiedust:

Yeah...but the problem there is the parks exist 90% to sell the merchandise in the giftshops...and a phone app would diminish that...

It's the same reason disney had no cable channels in their hotel rooms until about 1995

@lockedoutlogic very true. However, if Disney has taught us anything it's that they can ALWAYS find a way to monetize! Maybe they add a "MickeyStop" in a gift shop that has seen a decline in sales. Maybe they sell "bonus coins" that open new levels. Throw in a "bonus level" over in Disney Springs and some water parks. I bet they could find a way to make this a relatively low-cost revenue source!

I predict ROL open to the public February 17.
Avatar open to public June 23, but soft open May 23.
I predict no alcoholic drink kiosks in MK for 2017.
I predict a new attraction announced for Epcot during this year for completion in 2019
I predict a new drone show for 2017 over the 7 seas lagoon, and the end of the electric water pageant(or what ever it's called).
I predict the announcement for one new lodging property to be built somewhere near DHS.

I predict ROL open to the public February 17.
Avatar open to public June 23, but soft open May 23.
I predict no alcoholic drink kiosks in MK for 2017.
I predict a new attraction announced for Epcot during this year for completion in 2019
I predict a new drone show for 2017 over the 7 seas lagoon, and the end of the electric water pageant(or what ever it's called).
I predict the announcement for one new lodging property to be built somewhere near DHS.
I like them all except the seven seas lagoon drone show. I think the next drone show will be at Epcot.

I think prices will remain relatively the same. I can't see a justification of increases but management has defied logic in the past so who knows.

I predict some sort of an Epcot announcement for the future (new ride,show, redo of future world)

I'm (hoping) that we get some sort of inkling into a possible renovation to frontierland or tomorrowland for the 50th

So i gotta ask why anyone thinks they're gonna build and operate any new hotels?

They have moved away from that (for obvious and not so obvious reasons)...they haven't built one in 15 years...and you can book a room on property day of 99% of the nights a year

So i gotta ask why anyone thinks they're gonna build and operate any new hotels?

They have moved away from that (for obvious and not so obvious reasons)...they haven't built one in 15 years...and you can book a room on property day of 99% of the nights a year
I think they will because occupancy is still high and they have said they are looking into new hotel options. I don't think it will be deluxe though, either value or moderate.

To elaborate. I think my magical drone show over 7 seas will be in place during the mass exodus after wishes. Therefore as you wait in line for your transportation, or even take your transportation, you'll be able to watch the show. It's not good enough to stand on it's own merits, but falls into the category of a good time waster while sitting in line.

I can see a standalone DVC going in possibly but I would agree a regular standalone hotel is unlikely as cool as I think that would be.

To elaborate. I think my magical drone show over 7 seas will be in place during the mass exodus after wishes. Therefore as you wait in line for your transportation, or even take your transportation, you'll be able to watch the show. It's not good enough to stand on it's own merits, but falls into the category of a good time waster while sitting in line.
I can see something like that replacing the water pageant tbh. As cool as I think it is when staying at a lagoon resort it is ultimately an outdated show that probably wouldn't be tremendously missed except by people like me

I think a moderate, or a new category between deluxe and moderate. Deluxe is too spendy. Just need a moderate to go just a touch up market. It will be the first moderate+ with DVC component. Complete with gastro brewpub, dedicated uber lane, smart tv's and facebook live feeds.

I can see a standalone DVC going in possibly but I would agree a regular standalone hotel is unlikely as cool as I think that would be.

I agree...but that's not what people are getting at.

They want a Star Wars or animation themed hotel they can go to every 3 years and pay $250 a night for photo ops and walking distance to mgm...WITHOUT the $25,000 commitment to DVC.

Surely, ye jest?

I want a unicorn to use my golden toilet.

The math doesn't work.

I predict a more in depth announcement of the future of epcot (expansion, new ride, WS addition?)
A new hotel at WDW
Maybe a renovation announcement for tomorrowland/frontierland as @umichigan10 stated
I'm going to predict alcohol kiosks will be up by the end of the year
More of a hope than prediction: Star wars land is announced ahead of schedule LOL

I think a moderate, or a new category between deluxe and moderate. Deluxe is too spendy. Just need a moderate to go just a touch up market. It will be the first moderate+ with DVC component. Complete with gastro brewpub, dedicated uber lane, smart tv's and facebook live feeds.

See above...

You're joking; right?

You want "luxury" by current Disney standards with no longterm commitment? Pay when and if the budget says "ok"?

That ship has sailed.

Look at wilderness...
It was fantastic and a good deal...they jacked it until it wasn't a good deal and the bookings fell to (reportedly) 50%...then they said "screw you" and built more locked in villas. "Copper Pot Villas at covered bridge pass"...or whatever the hell.

I think they will because occupancy is still high and they have said they are looking into new hotel options. I don't think it will be deluxe though, either value or moderate.

Their future is outsourcing...it's only a matter of time. It's a way of shedding "pesky employees".

I could see a really over priced value. They already have one of those paradoxes onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter