Happy Disney 2017

One would think a castle itself would be an ideal fit. You can't pay to stay at the in park deal. So you have your mega deluxe castle. Fill half it with 1%'rs, use their revenue to offset rooms for charitable donations and other good causes, along with prize winners. Put it on the old discovery island, the lake serves at the moat. Profit.

I actually think AoA is very specific for a Disney Resort, and I didn't think that was a problem until I went to stay there and they had moved me from a room in a "movie" I enjoyed to a room in a "movie" I did not because of overbooking. Obviously where we stayed didn't ruin the trip, but it was still disappointing.

I would love to see a new resort hotel open up, but I agree Star Wars and Villains are a bit too specific. Personally I'd love to see an "Ocean" resort open - not just tropical like the Polynesian or Caribbean Beach, but actual under-the-sea theming. I'm also surprised that there's no "magic" themed hotel for the "Most Magical Place on Earth." I don't know how exactly they'd do a magic theme - perhaps a more modern fairy-tale palace, like the Cinderella Suite but a whole hotel.

I always think of the hotels that were planned for the monorail loop but never built and still think they would be cool ideas (Asian, Venetian, Persian)

Other idea I thought of would be like a Dude Ranch that also featured a high end spa (like some real dude ranches do) - so something more upscale to complement Fort Wilderness

I feel like we should try to predict the next "money grab". What will they find to charge money for, where they have a competing complimentary service.

I think direct to park from MCO, where DME only goes to the resorts, you could now pay to go straight to the park and your bags still go to your room etc.

I also think a pay per bonus fast pass.

Lastly expedited park exit to your accommodations.

I agree with this.

Avatar does nothing to offer an alternative to the MK demographic.

I think AK is still about a land and 2-3 rides short, after Avatar opens.

Agreed...avatar was a knee jerk response to universal that look attractive due to james Cameron's deep pockets and willingness to blow his own wad on his ideas.

Not the worst idea. But remember: there was a "franchise" rolling out with that circa 2011. Biggest thing since sliced bread.

Nothing but problems since. Maybe in a Chinese park that's a big deal...but will the sequels be that impressive in North America?

The high schoolers will go to see it the first weekend...then it will go away quietly.

Ak is gonna need much more to pull the 12-15 million annual visitors it needed to justify the original investment combined with the high operating cost...I'm sorry...but that's the truth.

Last edited:

I disagree about avatar being a land and 2-3 rides short but that's just me.

If you stand by the exit gate for a half hour or so at about 1 pm (as I have)...you'll see that you are in the minority.

Zoos are tough sells...underbuilt/underexpanded ones are trouble x 2

I feel like we should try to predict the next "money grab". What will they find to charge money for, where they have a competing complimentary service.

I think direct to park from MCO, where DME only goes to the resorts, you could now pay to go straight to the park and your bags still go to your room etc.

I also think a pay per bonus fast pass.

Lastly expedited park exit to your accommodations.

I'm kinda surprised they don't have 2 of 3 already

I'm just leaving AK, still pretty busy.

Not typically...if what you're saying about crowds held...MK and even Epcot would have pushed people there.

I'm "dated" (haven't been since the end of July)

9 days...one visit to ak...almost got stampeded trying to get out of the exit potty at 12:45...

And I hate crowds and like animal kingdom...it's just so tired at this point. Needs a substantial investment beyond avatar and rivers of invisible light.

I could definitely see that. Carry-ons are the only issue I see with this. I'm sure they could handle that by having regular couriers from the DME desk but that's putting a lot of trust in people to get those things to the right place.

Not typically...if what you're saying about crowds held...MK and even Epcot would have pushed people there.

I'm "dated" (haven't been since the end of July)

9 days...one visit to ak...almost got stampeded trying to get out of the exit potty at 12:45...

And I hate crowds and like animal kingdom...it's just so tired at this point. Needs a substantial investment beyond avatar and rivers of invisible light.
I disagree but that's me. I'm an AK lover and you should know that by know.

I think instead of a Star Wars resort we are more likely to see a retheming of the Love Bug building in Aall Star Movies; with Herbie being replaced by an X-Wing, BB8 (gotta tie into current merch) replacing the movie clackers, and a host of tin cutout storm trooper helmets adorning the railings.

New program called Restrooms+ will roll out this year. All restroom breaks to occur in the parks must be reserved 30 days in advance. For guests opting out of Restrooms+, each restroom will also have a standby line with a minimum wait of one hour. As another an incentive to use Restrooms+, there will be an online checkbox, indicating that you have read the instructions on how to wash your hands. If you check this box, then you won't have to read these instructions in the Epcot restrooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter