Happy Disney 2017

lockedoutlogic

DIS Veteran
i thought it might be fun to make some disney predictions (park developments, movies, announcements, etc.) over the next few weeks or so and see how accurate we are later in the year...

I'll start by saying rivers of light goes fully operational near February 15th and avatar opens (at least the attractions) on August 8th...give or take.

i thought it might be fun to make some disney predictions (park developments, movies, announcements, etc.) over the next few weeks or so and see how accurate we are later in the year...

I'll start by saying rivers of light goes fully operational near February 15th and avatar opens (at least the attractions) on August 8th...give or take.

I bet "Beauty and the Beast" surpasses expectations (whatever those are) and as a result Disney will announce the official release dates for the live action "Little Mermaid," "Aladdin," and "Snow White" movies, along with several new live action remakes being put into production. I doubt the "Let's redo our cartoon movies" is a trend that'll end any time soon.

I bet "Beauty and the Beast" surpasses expectations (whatever those are) and as a result Disney will announce the official release dates for the live action "Little Mermaid," "Aladdin," and "Snow White" movies, along with several new live action remakes being put into production. I doubt the "Let's redo our cartoon movies" is a trend that'll end any time soon.

I agree...that's a good one.

But I think they already have beaten this drum too much. But the management has no longterm vision...so there you go.

I agree...that's a good one.

But I think they already have beaten this drum too much. But the management has no longterm vision...so there you go.

It's definitely becoming a tired formula, but I must say I do enjoy seeing these stories reinterpreted. I don't think these new movies will ever out-do or "replace" the originals, but I don't think they're supposed to - I think they're just another way for Disney to spark renewed interest in their old properties. I feel like we'll go through a few years of these remakes, then Disney will find a new movie trend, and then maybe 20 years later they'll start remaking them again, maybe as CGI animated movies. I've always thought it would be nice if Disney remade Snow White in CGI for the 100th anniversary in the 2030s.

It's hard to live up to expectations now. The released sound track sounds great though.

I haven't heard the soundtrack...

It is original, correct? If so I have higher hopes.

The best Disney shows are to original music...like Illuminations 2000.

When they rehash "greatest hits" of cartoons...the shows go stale quickly and drone on forever like fantasmic and the upsell fireworks at MK

Last edited:
I predict the following:

- Attendance will be down again this year. Many are getting priced out and/or are waiting for TSL/SWL. Pandora/RoL will help the attendance numbers overall, but not enough in 2017 to prevent a small % dip.

- No increases in Park tickets, but numerous other revenue sources will materialize. Resort parking fees are right around the corner.

I haven't heard the soundtrack...

It is original, correct? If so I have higher hopes.

The best Disney shows are to original music...like Illuminations 2000.

When they rehash "greatest hits" of cartoons...the shows go stale quickly and drone on forever like fantasmic and the upsell fireworks at MK
Yes it is original and it's on YouTube already.

I predict small ticket price increase, followed by largest package discounts Disney has ever released. No increase in attendance, but parks will put increased attention on park cleanliness and maintenance. Volcano bay will put pressure on the water parks and they will see a slight decrease in attendance.

I predict small ticket price increase, followed by largest package discounts Disney has ever released. No increase in attendance, but parks will put increased attention on park cleanliness and maintenance. Volcano bay will put pressure on the water parks and they will see a slight decrease in attendance.

Interesting...I disagree on the huge package discounts...I think they'll suffer a little and keep their heads down.

They only care about Wall Street...and they won't dare explain discounting during a "boom"

Interesting...I disagree on the huge package discounts...I think they'll suffer a little and keep their heads down.

They only care about Wall Street...and they won't dare explain discounting during a "boom"
I don't think they will have a choice. If the trend continues, they could conceivably be down 3-5% and that would look worse. Especially if Uni posts a small gain.

As I am bullish on DAK, I predict that Pandora will perform better than the naysayers predict that it will.

Not a Disney prediction, but I wouldn't be surprised if UNI announces a third gate with the new property they had acquired. I mean, what better a way to quell the excitement of Pandora then the opening of Volcano Bay and the announcement of a 3rd gate.

At D23 this year, we will finally find out what is happening at Ellen's Energy Adventure.

Additionally, I predict to have more predictions in the near future.

I don't think Comcast will rest...I think the accelerated - if preliminary - announcement of the i-4 development property will come immediately after volcano bay is opened...if successful.

Face it: they have more street cred in the orlando market right now.

And even if they are gonna wait for construction...they can pull an "avatar"...

Announce something, do absolutely nothing for 2-3 years...and open in a robust 6-7.

Genius.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter