GOLD STAR POPCentury Fridge/Coffee Swap 2012 OPENINGS

I am here now and can't find the fridge. Friendly frog put it in storage on Monday. I went to pick it up Monday night and they couldn't find it. I will look again tomorrow. I also don't have the info for the next person. I pm'd that person with no reply. I need that info in case I find the fridge.

T.

I received your PM. But from what I see of the thread history, it looks like Babydoll is next (the 1st page hasn't been updated with Babydoll's or my information).

I've tried twice to PM about this....maybe I am doing it wrong? IDK. Anyways, we will be there from 3/11 to 3/17 And I was wondering if those dates are available? Thanks!

I've PM the information if you can't get in contact with Babydoll.

Fedxbrown eyes, I sure hope you found the fridge?!!!

The bell service guy almost refused to take the fridge for some reason. He even called on his phone to someone get permission to take it. (and was not a happy camper) . ( really strange, this did not happen on my previous swap.)

They took a while to find it for me too. It was in a trailer not in the luggage room. I would think though since I had just dropped it off that morning that it would have been easy to find. Did they look in the luggage room and all three trailers? Maybe ask them to look for a black fridge with gold stars on it, just in case someone took it out of the box while searching for another swapper?

I sure hope our fridges don't get lost now that POP is installing fridges in the rooms!

I still haven't found it. To be honest, they have not seemed real happy to b looking. I leave in the morning so I don't know what to do.
And speaking of them installing them...ours was in our room when we got in tonight. Interesting that they ate installing them and all of a sudden the cm don't seem to be happy to look for one in storage. ?

Sounds like figuring out what to do about disposing of the fridge once the new units installed isn't going to be a problem.

As for what to do, if you are still there, leave a letter at the front desk (like the instructions for the swap indicates), but in the letter, specify your reservation information and the reservation information of the next person (or set of persons) effectively 'transfering' the package to the next person.

Even if you are not still there, you can PM all your reservation information (name, address, reservation number, dates) to the next couple of people going (babydoll, Hook, umaangel). With that information in hand, perhaps we can get the package transferred to one of us (assuming the package can be found).

I still haven't found it. To be honest, they have not seemed real happy to b looking. I leave in the morning so I don't know what to do.
And speaking of them installing them...ours was in our room when we got in tonight. Interesting that they ate installing them and all of a sudden the cm don't seem to be happy to look for one in storage. ?

I wonder if POP simply 'acquired' the fridge:rolleyes1, and permanently installed it in one of the rooms (effectively cutting costs since there were so many fridges already on site). :rotfl:

What was the installed fridge like?

What was the installed fridge like?

It was a bit smaller than the ones that are normally swapped. It fits in the stand where the tv sits on the opposite side of the drawers. Plenty of room for some drinks, sandwich meat, etc. I should have thought to take a picture, but was dealing with a child who had an allergic reaction to something...just wasn't thinking.

I went 4 times to get people to look for the fridge and all 4 times they seemed really annoyed that I was even asking. I never found it, so I will PM my info. to the next couple of people to see if they can locate it. I've never seen CM's act like this, it was really odd.

T.

It was a bit smaller than the ones that are normally swapped. It fits in the stand where the tv sits on the opposite side of the drawers. Plenty of room for some drinks, sandwich meat, etc. I should have thought to take a picture, but was dealing with a child who had an allergic reaction to something...just wasn't thinking.

I went 4 times to get people to look for the fridge and all 4 times they seemed really annoyed that I was even asking. I never found it, so I will PM my info. to the next couple of people to see if they can locate it. I've never seen CM's act like this, it was really odd.

T.

Aw... that stinks. It sounds like a vast, Mouse-wing conspiracy!! :laughing:

Do you think the fridge would get cold enough to keep milk safely?

For some reason I was not getting any of the messages or discussions sent to my email and I admit I was so busy with school I forgot about this swap.
It looks like once again the fridge as disappeared and new mini fridges have been installed at POPCentury. If anyone has the time to look for it I will keep the swap list for those that still want the bigger fridge. Otherwise, we will call it closed and lost.
Sorry I missed the two March requests but it looks like it disappeared before you anyway.
Everyone have a Great Trip!

I appreciate you taking the time and running this. I think now with what is actually in the room, I will be fine.

Just got back from Pop. I must admit that I didn't even try to find the fridge (not after all the negative information that was getting posted).

The new fridges are sort of small, but they will chill stuff (so yes, they will keep milk cold). While you have to move the shelves, there is room for 1/2 gallon of milk and bottles of Tropicana OJ and more. We had two joining rooms, so we used one fridge to keep things cool, and the other to cool things down (i.e. bottles of coke).

I keep checking back hoping that someone finds the fridge. It also has a coffee pot inside of it, and some glow sticks and stuff. I would definitely use it again, since I really like having a freezer.

So is this swap over now?

To my knowledge it is still there but no one has looked for it for over a month. They supposedly added fridges to all the rooms now. Since no one has needed it I have not updated or been asked for it :confused3. I would be happy to keep it going but it appears the interest is too low to keep it circulating. You are welcome to look for it when ever you want it was a nice big one with a separate freezer. If I was driving down I would look for it just to bring it home.:)

We are planning another trip so I checked in to see if the fridge was available and, well, oh well....

Thank you, extremesoccermom, for all you've done with this swap!! :goodvibes

Thank you also to all the original swappers who sent in money to buy the fridge (back when that was allowed), and to the many, many swappers after that who replaced cartons, replenished supplies, added things and spent time in luggage assistance tracking it down when it was missing!

I'm excited and amazed that it lasted so long. If my math is right, the fridge made the rounds for over 3 1/2 years! extremesoccermom, You are amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter