GOLD STAR POPCentury Fridge/Coffee Swap 2012 OPENINGS

Just returned home about an hour ago. They had some trouble locating the fridge when I got there, but was able to hunt it down within about half an hour. I was told that I had been given the wrong part of the receipt, and they were only able to locate it by the Gold Star title of the fridge swap. It was reiterated to me, as it has been to others, that they are trying to find a way to prohibit such swaps, but there was no way around it right now because they had to accept guests' luggage. Anyway, the fridge worked great. I did leave it in storage for the next guest, but when I called to let him know that I was leaving and to give him the receipt number, he was walking into his room. I'm assuming that he had no trouble getting it since there was such a short time between me leaving it and him picking it up. He also had my number to call me back if there were any problems, and I did not hear anything else. Thanks for all who have put so much into maintaining this swap!

By the way, I did take pictures of the fridge and the box if anyone still needs those. The box is about done for. It is in pretty bad shape.

Just returned home about an hour ago. They had some trouble locating the fridge when I got there, but was able to hunt it down within about half an hour. I was told that I had been given the wrong part of the receipt, and they were only able to locate it by the Gold Star title of the fridge swap. It was reiterated to me, as it has been to others, that they are trying to find a way to prohibit such swaps, but there was no way around it right now because they had to accept guests' luggage. Anyway, the fridge worked great. I did leave it in storage for the next guest, but when I called to let him know that I was leaving and to give him the receipt number, he was walking into his room. I'm assuming that he had no trouble getting it since there was such a short time between me leaving it and him picking it up. He also had my number to call me back if there were any problems, and I did not hear anything else. Thanks for all who have put so much into maintaining this swap!

By the way, I did take pictures of the fridge and the box if anyone still needs those. The box is about done for. It is in pretty bad shape.

It is interesting because they had trouble finding the fridge when I went there too and then they brought my DH and me back there to see if they could find it. It wasn't with all of the other fridge swaps which was interesting. It was actually on the second shelf on the left side and was way up on top. (Maybe if they have trouble locating it suggest this spot). We actually got two really nice guys who wanted us to find it and hubby and I gave each of the guys $10.00 tip. I know it is a lot but they went through a lot to find it for us and if we rented a fridge it would have been around $90.00 or so, so we didn't think much about it just loved that fact that we got a helpful bunch of people. We also came in on a Tuesday at around 6:00 so maybe it was the night shift with a better outlook on everything.:rotfl: The fridge also works great as I have stated before. Hopefully brrrwright you were able to use the pepsi and canada dry we left behind. Hope you had a great trip.

Mickeeemouse,

We were absolutely able to use the Pepsi and Canada Dry. My kids were thrilled that it was there. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Wasn't sure who left it, but it was certainly used. In fact, I think they may have finished every one of them. Unfortunately, they also finished everything that we took as well so I didn't have any drinks to leave. We did leave some ping-pong balls in the bag with the other goodies that have been left behind. Hope someone finds them useful. We also tipped $10.00 when we picked it up and $10.00 when we left it. They were very helpful to us as well. Hopefully this will help ease the frustration of dealing with it. :) For future reference to others, it also seemed to be helpful that we were able to tell them the date that it was put in storage for us.

Thank you for the reports. I am glad it is working out! I am worried about the end of June 27- July 7:rolleyes1 and again July 25-Aug 8:scared1:. I have been trying to contact anyone I see that will be there at those times to see if they would like to join our swap but it seems like alot of swaps will be idle at that time.:confused3

I would love to see the pictures (especially of the box) I found one box that I thought would fit but after bringing it home and measuring it I think it will not be deep enough. (I am buying DS19 a fridge for his room for Christmas maybe I can get it a little early and swipe the box in Oct to bring it with us).:wizard:

Thank you for the reports. I am glad it is working out! I am worried about the end of June 27- July 7:rolleyes1 and again July 25-Aug 8:scared1:. I have been trying to contact anyone I see that will be there at those times to see if they would like to join our swap but it seems like alot of swaps will be idle at that time.:confused3

I would love to see the pictures (especially of the box) I found one box that I thought would fit but after bringing it home and measuring it I think it will not be deep enough. (I am buying DS19 a fridge for his room for Christmas maybe I can get it a little early and swipe the box in Oct to bring it with us).:wizard:
I'm not real sure how to insert pictures into this discussion board; however, if you'd like to PM me with your email address, I'll be happy to send them.

Mickeeemouse,

We were absolutely able to use the Pepsi and Canada Dry. My kids were thrilled that it was there. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Wasn't sure who left it, but it was certainly used. In fact, I think they may have finished every one of them. Unfortunately, they also finished everything that we took as well so I didn't have any drinks to leave. We did leave some ping-pong balls in the bag with the other goodies that have been left behind. Hope someone finds them useful. We also tipped $10.00 when we picked it up and $10.00 when we left it. They were very helpful to us as well. Hopefully this will help ease the frustration of dealing with it. :) For future reference to others, it also seemed to be helpful that we were able to tell them the date that it was put in storage for us.

I am so happy you were able to use the soda, DH and I were hoping it would come in handy for somebody. We are Pepsi lovers, we do drink coke too, but give me a pepsi anyday. DH said we definately weren't bringing it home with us because of the pressure from the airplane. DS bought a bag of chips to bring with us and when we were in the air, the bag filled up all the way. We were afraid it was going to pop, so DH opened it and DS had some chips to eat. Wouldn't want to see the soda cans in our luggage :scared1:. Gardengrocer was the best too, we bought some snacky food and the kids loved eating something before bed everynight and they brought the milk for my DD. I couldn't see buying a little milk everyday as a snack credit and she drank about 3/4 of the gallon over the week. She like her milk in the middle of the night too. I am glad you had a great trip agian.:goodvibes Hopefully we can fill up those dates :woohoo:. Is there a we are going to Disney trip board for June or July, maybe you can put it on one of those boards. Just a thought. I remember there was one when I was planning my trip in May.

Yesterday I received a visitor message from someone wanting the fridge from Aug 26-29. I can not find the message but please PM me or contact me through this thread. I have penciled you in but I need
Name on Reservation
Reservation #
Phone #
Thanks.

By the way I already tried contacting the people from the end of June and July on the resort boards with no luck there are not very many people going then but every one wants is when I will be using - might be a busy week!

shelly2u, thank you I have your information now and have added you to Aug 26-29.
Sorry after getting your email I added on points to our DVC and I have been busy planning the 3 day cruise I will recieve. I know nothing about the DCL but I am having fun planning.

Just got back and the Fridge works great. I would like to thank whoever left some glow sticks in the fridge. They were a big help since we forgot to pack them. Was able to do a face-to-face swap so the fridge is in good hands.

We left the glow sticks. You're welcome. I'm so glad that they came in useful. Hope you had a great trip!

Happy Friday everyone!
I am still trying to fill the last week of June through July 7 and again the last week of July through Aug 8. Those big gaps have me worried. I would like to keep it out of storage. (I wish I lived closer).

We just got back and the fridge works like a champ!! Kept beer, milk, water, and fruit perfectly chilled. And let me tell you it was (and still is) hotter than blazes down there. The only problems are 1) the box is completely beat down - it only has a few more swaps left :) and 2) the front legs are missing - so you need to add something underneath to level it off - some of the ripped cardboard from the box works :) We added to the collection of stuff - a heavy duty extension cord (so you pretty much have free reign of where to put it) and a multi-outlet strip.. NOTE - DO NOT PLUG THE fridge or extension cord into the multi-outlet stip - it will blow it! The strip is for things like phone chargers, battery chargers and other normal household stuff!

enjoy!

Thank you so much for the extension cord and power strip!

Here are the pictures I have recieved so far of the box and fridge. (I have a new box if the old one can make it until Oct!)
IMG_2653nophone.jpg

IMG_2654.jpg

IMG_2652nophon.jpg

If anything opens up for sept 25th to Oct4th or within those dates I would love in! thanks

Hi extremesoccermom, I previosly pmed u twice but I'm not sure if you haven't gotten around to checking messages or if they didn't go through so i figured I post message on the thread. I am backing out of my time of Sept 14-18. Disney offered me a free fridge due to medical reasons and figured I'd take it so someone else could take advantage of the swap. Thanks.

Sorry I haven't been able to answer my PM's I did receive them. I am currently at WDW -AKV since July 15 to 22. When I get home I will update all cancellations and additional requests I have received.
We are having a wonderful time and have been to busy to get online. Thanks for your patience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter