Going in Sept? Share your plans!!

Me too! We are Sept 13th - 21st. My brother and his family (Indiana) might be on your plane! They are arriving the same time. Are you flying Airtran?

Yep! AirTran flys direct from Indianapolis to Orlando...from the airport, through Magical Express, to the resort and setting foot inside the Magic Kingdom, we'll be walking on Main Street by 11am!! Flying down and STILL having time for a full day in the parks...awesome.

(Side note: AirTran has changed our flight numerous times, so we're not in love with the airline, but we DO enjoy getting to WDW so early in the morning thanks to the direct flight.)

Have a blast!!

We're leaving September 12th and coming home Sept 20th!!! Our plans are to walk around willy nilly and take in the sights and relax!! We're some of "those" who don't plan anything!! LOL

18 days until our trip, 17 days until we leave for the airport! Going Sept 19-26...we are staying at SSR for my husband's first trip!

Plans:
18th: train to Gatwick and a night at the Yotel at Gatwick's South Terminal!
19th: fly to Orlando via Charlotte, check-in at SSR, order pizza from Giardino's and pool time!
20th: Epcot, Le Cellier lunch, and possibly MK evening
21st: Disney Quest or Blizzard Beach AM, DHS PM with Sci-Fi at 7:30pm
22nd: AK - Tusker House Lunch, Raglan Road Dinner
23rd: DQ or BB, open afternoon, Turf Club dinner
24th: DHS am, Drink Around the World PM
25th: Typhoon Lagoon, open - last full day :(, Jiko dinner
26th: fly home :(

We will probably only do mornings in the parks most days - my DH doesn't have the Disney bug so need to do things slowly!

I'm going to cancel these ADR's - but thought I would see if any of you need them first. If you see one you want, PM me. All are for 4 adults & 1 toddler

Sunday 9/20/09 7:20pm - Cape May @ Disney's Beach Club

Friday 9/18/09 5:10pm - Les Chefs de France @ Epcot

Monday 9/21/09 9:15am - Supercalifragilistic Breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare Grand Floridian

Monday 9/21/09 2:25pm - Crystal Palace @ Magic Kingdom

Friday 9/18/09 5:35pm - Biergarten @ Epcot

Thursday 9/17/09 6:10pm - Artist Point XXXX Taken XXXX

Sunday 9/20/09 9:40am - Donald's Safari Breakfast @ Animal Kingdom

Sunday 9/20/09 5:10pm - Turf Club @ Saratoga Springs Resort

My family kept changing their minds... so I want to release these so someone else can use them..

so all is planned and we leave tomorrow! this has bee na fun journey september friends. Cant wait to hear about everyone's trips and see resort phots and stuff. yippee...we had to have our resort switched though. Disney called yesterday there was an infest issue in AKL and they are booked for the holiday weekend...I'm still excited and we got some freebies, just stinks cause I planned to spend lotsa time at the resort, and I know I can visit but its not the same. We have been moved to POFQ! I'm still excited but a few of my plans changed. Either way-tomorrow I'm off to see the Big Cheese! :banana:

How exciting everyone must be. With it being this close I don't think I could stand the excitement. The packing would be the only thing that would burst my bubble. I hate packing for me and everyone else.

I've started trying putting everything together and I am freaking myself out even though I still have over 2 weeks to get everything organised. Delta cancelled our LA to Sydney flight so now I have to organise a hotel in LA for the night and a day in LA, which in reality will be very easy but I just freak myself out.

Our plan is as follows
Saturday 19th September -->
Fly out of Sydney at 9am local time
Arrive in Orlando 6pm local time
Get to CSR, grab some dinner from Pepper Market, maybe have a swim/spa to relax us after a long flight and then hit the hay to try and sleep off as much jetlag as possible.

Sunday 20th September -->
Up Early, off to DHS
Return to CSR around lunch time for a swim/nap
Off to Magic Kingdom for the evening/EMH.
Dinner ADR at Cali Grill :)

Monday 21st September -->
Up Early, Off to MK
Return to CSR for swim/nap
DHS for evening/EMH
all counter service meals today

Tuesday 22nd September -->
AK Day, be there at rope drop like other days, but take our time around the parks.
Dinner ADR at Jiko @ AKL

Wednesday 23rd September -->
Up early, Epcot Day!
Lunch ADR @ Le Cellier
Chilled out afternoon in Epcot
Watch Illuminations at 9pm and head back to CSR

Thursday 24th September -->
Day at Universal Studios :)
Dinner @ Citywalk

Friday 25th September -->
Day at IOA
Dinner @ Citywalk

(We have to taxi back and forth to Universal both days as we are unab le to hire a car as both me and my boyfriend are under 25. Has anyone had any experience with the Mears shuttle service to Universal? I am hesitant to use them as I would like to be there for rope drop and we would like to have dinner after park close so the shuttle wouldn't be able to take us back either would they?)

Saturday 26th September -->
Free day to do whatever we choose; first sleep in, DD, Waterpark, Boardwalk or even revisit a park. Anyone have a suggestion as to what you think I must do?
Dinner @ Flying Fish Cafe

Sunday 27th September -->
Up Early, pack up our stuff. 9:30am ADR at Chef Mickeys
Spend the final day wherever we haven't been, probably DD or in the parks.
Fly out of Orlando at 6pm
Arrive LA 9pm
Check into hotel near LAX

Monday 28th September -->
Spend the day in LA
Fly out of LA, Sydney bound at 10pm

Any suggestions on what I could do to make it better or comments/criticisms??

I've started trying putting everything together and I am freaking myself out even though I still have over 2 weeks to get everything organised. Delta cancelled our LA to Sydney flight so now I have to organise a hotel in LA for the night and a day in LA, which in reality will be very easy but I just freak myself out.

Our plan is as follows
Saturday 19th September -->
Fly out of Sydney at 9am local time
Arrive in Orlando 6pm local time
Get to CSR, grab some dinner from Pepper Market, maybe have a swim/spa to relax us after a long flight and then hit the hay to try and sleep off as much jetlag as possible.

Sunday 20th September -->
Up Early, off to DHS
Return to CSR around lunch time for a swim/nap
Off to Magic Kingdom for the evening/EMH.
Dinner ADR at Cali Grill :)

Monday 21st September -->
Up Early, Off to MK
Return to CSR for swim/nap
DHS for evening/EMH
all counter service meals today

Tuesday 22nd September -->
AK Day, be there at rope drop like other days, but take our time around the parks.
Dinner ADR at Jiko @ AKL

Wednesday 23rd September -->
Up early, Epcot Day!
Lunch ADR @ Le Cellier
Chilled out afternoon in Epcot
Watch Illuminations at 9pm and head back to CSR

Thursday 24th September -->
Day at Universal Studios :)
Dinner @ Citywalk

Friday 25th September -->
Day at IOA
Dinner @ Citywalk

(We have to taxi back and forth to Universal both days as we are unab le to hire a car as both me and my boyfriend are under 25. Has anyone had any experience with the Mears shuttle service to Universal? I am hesitant to use them as I would like to be there for rope drop and we would like to have dinner after park close so the shuttle wouldn't be able to take us back either would they?)

Saturday 26th September -->
Free day to do whatever we choose; first sleep in, DD, Waterpark, Boardwalk or even revisit a park. Anyone have a suggestion as to what you think I must do?
Dinner @ Flying Fish Cafe

Sunday 27th September -->
Up Early, pack up our stuff. 9:30am ADR at Chef Mickeys
Spend the final day wherever we haven't been, probably DD or in the parks.
Fly out of Orlando at 6pm
Arrive LA 9pm
Check into hotel near LAX

Monday 28th September -->
Spend the day in LA
Fly out of LA, Sydney bound at 10pm

Any suggestions on what I could do to make it better or comments/criticisms??

Sounds like a great trip. The day you are in LA you could spend it at Disneyland or California Adventure! :thumbsup2

well we are 10 days out right now, so excited. in fact just to say " so excited" doesn't even compare to how excited i really am.:wizard:

Any now to our plans.

Sept 12th- up and at the airport by 5am, :eek: thankfully we only live bout 20 min away. we have plans at Rainforest Cafe for lunch at DTD and then i think we are just gonna chill, or what ever comes to mind:goodvibes

Sept 13th- we are going to see my mom, she lives only about an hour from there, so we are gonna hang out with her for the day:thumbsup2

Sept 14th- we are going to make rope drop at MK, :dance3: and plan to be there all day, no dinner ressie's at this point, so will prolly just wing it.

Sept 15th - Rope drop at AK. we are hoping to spend the day there, and then we are doing 7:15p show of The Hoop Dee Doo Music Revue :cool1:

Sept 16th - Hopefully day 3 at the parks... rope drop at Epcot, with early dinner ressie's at San angel inn:cool2:

Sept 17th - Am Emh at MK, and we have lunch ressie's at Crystal Palace:woohoo:

Sept 18th - our last park day will be HS, so we will try to get there by rope drop, and we have early lunch at 50's prime time cafe :banana: ( im really hoping for a fun server, maybe a daughter can get sent to the corner for not eating veggies)

sept 19th- sleeping in, hanging out hopefully at pool, :upsidedow and dinner ressie's at Fulton's crab House for dinner.

sept 20th- this is our last day, :sad1::sad1: but before we head home, we are gonna have breakfast with Mickey and friends at Chef Mickey's then hang out at DTD for any last minute :idea: shopping. then off to the airport to fly home at 6pm. ( tears falling from eyes):sad1::sad1::sad1:

Yep! AirTran flys direct from Indianapolis to Orlando...from the airport, through Magical Express, to the resort and setting foot inside the Magic Kingdom, we'll be walking on Main Street by 11am!! Flying down and STILL having time for a full day in the parks...awesome.

(Side note: AirTran has changed our flight numerous times, so we're not in love with the airline, but we DO enjoy getting to WDW so early in the morning thanks to the direct flight.)

Have a blast!!

Hi guys. We are traveling from Idy on airtran on the 13thas well. First planned on driving but found an early am flight so we can enjoy the whole day at the parks!! Here's to a good flight!!! Have a great time!!!

Leaving Saturday!!!!

9/5 - Fly from Knoxville to Orlando - arrive approximately 5ish. ME to BCV. Check in and meet brother, SIL, & nephew who are driving. Go over to SOG to get military tickets. Head to DTD to activate tickets & 9:00pm dinner reservations at T-Rex.

9/6 - Animal Kingdom RD - probably CS at Flame Tree. Back to BCV around noon or so for pool fun. Night at MK for EMH & 6:00pm dinner at crystal palace.

9/7 - Epcot RD - CS @ Sunshine; Evening at DHS with EMH. 5:00pm dinner at 50's PTC

9/8 - DHS RD - Back to hotel for pool fun & CS meal; Dinner 6:15pm @ Le Cellier. Either hang out in the World Showcase or back to hotel for movies on the beach.

9/9 - MK RD - maybe CS breakfast at Captain Cooks (really wanting to try Tonga Toast!!!) evening at DTD with dinner at Raglan Road & 9:00pm La Nouba show

9/10 - AK RD or Epcot; 2:00pm Tepan Edo reservations for lunch; Evening at DHS or Epcot

9/11 - morning off 10:00am reservations at Cape May Cafe - evening at MNSSHP after 5:00pm Ohana dinner.

9/12 - head home....

and that's our vacation plans...can you tell we travel commando style!

maybe CS breakfast at Captain Cooks (really wanting to try Tonga Toast!!!)

Really want to try Tonga Toast too and I'm thinking of a quick side trip on my way to MK. I'd love to know if you think it was worth it.

Sounds like a great trip. The day you are in LA you could spend it at Disneyland or California Adventure! :thumbsup2

:lmao: I put that (amazing) suggestion to my boyfriend when we first found out and I got this reaction: :eek: . I would love to do it but I think we will have to save DL, DCA and USH for another trip :sad1:

But hey, I'm going to DISNEYWORLD.

Well, it is FINALLY the week that we leave for Disney World..... :worship:
We are leaving this Saturday, the 5th and will be there until the following Saturday, the 12th.... I feel like time is just crawling and I am ready to jump out of my skin with excitement so I thought I would write out our itinerary as a way to get some of this bottled-up excitement out because I'm sure my husband is ready to kill me from all the Disney talk I've thrown his way! :rotfl2:

First off, let me introduce myself. My name is Jenna, I'm 27, and I am a disney-a-holic. It has been 11 months since our last trip to the world and I'm about to relapse in 3 DAYS!! :cool1: I am definitely the planner of the trips..... I plan and plan and plan all day long.... I just love it, it tides me over until we actually can get onto the Disney property!

My husband John has learned to called Disney his #1 vacation destination! He was always a Disney fan but not quite as much until I came into his life! This trip will be the first time we will be in the World for his birthday, which is September 8th.... he will be turning 31.

We almost ended up cancelling this trip altogether 2 months ago because of the economy :confused3 BUT we found a way to make it work, with many thanks to the Disney Visa Reward Dollars and Disney gift cards from past holidays! :thumbsup2

We have booked 3 nights at Port Orleans Riverside, this being our 1st time staying at this resort. We both have visited before to check out the fishing here and I used to stay at French Quarter years ago with my family so it will bring back a lot of memories to stay here!

Then, on John's bday, we are heading over to the Polynesian for 4 nights! This is our DREAM resort, we both have stayed there many years ago, me in 2001, and John probably in 1987 but we've never stayed here together, even though we make a habit of visiting Ohana every year and getting a lapu lapu! :yay:

I just wanted to share some things on our itinerary for this year:
Saturday, Sept 5th- Check in at POR, take the boat to DD, lunch at either Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express, head over to ESPN Club at night hopefully to watch a dodger game, and back to POR to check out Yehaa Bob at the River Roost Lounge! (don't forget, I plan EVERYTHING! :rotfl:)

Sunday & Monday, Sept 6th & 7th- I really don't want to go to the parks until after Labor Day and the crowds go home so this will most likely be a pool or beach day! Maybe head out to Clearwater.....
I had wanted to do La Nouba one night for John's bday since we've never gotten around to it but didn't want to spend the $$ since we already splurged on Poly so I rented the DVD from netflix instead! :thumbsup2 It was much better than I expected and I'm surprised that Cirque du Soleil would allow a DVD to be made bc I don't really feel I have to spend the $$ on tickets now that I've already seen the DVD....
I had gone on tripadvisor.com to look at the highly rated things to do in the area (since we always have a rental car) and came across something at WonderWorks in Orlando called The Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show. 2 shows nightly $25 pp includes an hour show and unlimited pizza, salad, popcorn, soda, beer, wine, and dessert! Then, I searched on ebay and found a buy one, get one free coupon! So I definitely plan on doing this either Sunday or Monday! Dinner, drinks, and a show for both of us for $25?! Good deal! :woohoo:
I also bought CityWalk passes on ebay for a discount to all clubs and plan on doing dinner at Margaritaville and clubs one of these nights!

Tuesday, September 8th *THE BIG DAY*- This is the day I've been looking forward to the most! John's bday and check-in at the Polynesian! I scheduled breakfast at Kona Cafe and plan on checking in super early (even though I'm not expecting to get our room ready) hoping and crossing my fingers that we may just receive our first upgrade ever? I figure the day after Labor Day should be one of their slower times and I booked a garden view room..... but would love to be surprised with a MK view! However, I'm not getting my hopes up or expecting anything. It is wonderful enough to be able to spend 4 nights at Poly! :lovestruc

I always like to surprise John with something at Disney every year. On our honeymoon, I ordered a gift basket from the Disney Florist with champagne, crackers, and the bride and groom Mickey ears. I also had the personalized menus and diver ordered at Coral Reef. Boy, was he shocked!
Last year, for our anniversary, I special-ordered a cake from 1900 Park Fare.

This year, I was supposed to keep Polynesian a surprise but I was so excited and ended up telling him! He was happy but I wish I had kept this a surprise till the day of his bday..... so I still wanted to have a surprise for him and I came across a little web site on the disboards called giftsofalifetime.com.

Jane has been super helpful and wonderful in coming up with a great personalized event for the day of John's bday. All you have to do is fill out a pre-questionnaire on her website (free of charge) and she will email you back an idea for you. If you don't like the idea she comes up with, you don't have to pay anything and can just back out. However, I really liked the idea she came up with and I added some of my own tips to make this event even more personalized! We are going to do a scavenger hunt through Epcot! I was a little concerned that this would make my husband stand out and he is a shy guy and doesn't like attention drawn to himself and Jane assured me that this will just be something the 2 of us can share and be a memorable event for years to come! Since Brady, our german shepherd, is such a huge part of our lives, we decided to have the hunt center around him.... There will be a note with his name on it waiting for John in a designated location in World Showcase. The note will be from Brady, saying pretty much "I know you left me at home but I got you a gift and I left you hints around the park to find it!" All the clues are going to be personalized with a picture of Brady on it and I told Jane our favorite places to hit in World Showcase and she will incorporate these places! For example, my husband loves trains, so one clue will take us to the train garden in Germany. He loves the Mexico boat ride and she will have us ride the boat ride during our search. I cannot wait to see his face when he gets his first clue!
After Epcot and our hunt, I have a 5:30 resort photo session booked at the Poly and I plan on using John's bday fun card to pay for this! :thumbsup2
I have his bday dinner booked at The Wave, which neither of us have tried before.....

Wednesday, Sept 9th- Lunch at Chefs De France, new to us again. Was hoping to see Remy but I believe he leaves on Saturday so oh well....
Dinner is scheduled at one of our favorites- Ohana!

Thursday, Sept 10th- Lunch at Restaurant Marakkesh- another newbie for us. I think my husband only cares about seeing belly dancers. :rotfl2:
I have dinner scheduled at Chef Mickeys and depending on how we are doing time-wise, I hope to head back over to DHS and catch our first-ever showing of Fantasmic! :yay:

Friday, Sept 11th- Our last full day at Disney :sad2: .... ive booked an afternoon tea at the Garden View Lounge at GF..... weve never done this before but my husband loves tea and I love the GF, so Im really looking forward to trying this one! Also plan on watching Hallowishes from the Poly beach on our final night!

And that's our itinerary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter