Going in Sept? Share your plans!!

My husband says he is suprised I don't already have the suitcases out! I told him to be careful what you wish for!

I am so excited about this trip I can barely contain myself. :yay:

:rotfl: I have our suitcases out and my dh is suprised I am not packed yet. I have to keep reminding him that if I start packing now dd might suspect something (this trip is a secret). She already asked why I had the suitcases out and I told her that I was trying to decide which ones we should keep and which ones we should get rid of...:lmao: Good thing she is only 4 years old. :thumbsup2

I went to Kohls this last night and they have all of their shorts on sale if anyone needs any. :goodvibes I picked up some for me & my DD.

This may sound CRAZY but I am going to start packing up the items that I need for our trip. Not clothes just yet, but everything else. :goodvibes I'm getting more and more excited!!!:cool1:

Headed to WDW Sept. 21st. -It will be our 17th trip.:woohoo: Just DH & me!
9/21 Checking into the Poly-(it's our 1st stay there)- Biergarten for dinner
9/22 Bfsk @ Kona -MK- Dinner @ CP -MNSSHP
9/23 DHS & ? DTD in eve
9/24 AK w/ Backstage Safari & Whispering Canyon for Dinner
9/25 EPCOT & F&W
9/26 EPCOT & F&W w/ Marrakesh Dinner
9/27 Bfsk @ Trails End-Check into BLT MK View-? AK for part of the day then back to BLT to swim and watch Wishes from our balcony. ? late MK EMH
9/28 BFSK @ Kona - MK until we board ME.

Suitcases are out and some stuff thrown in.

I am getting the laundry basket out and I am going to start packing little items that I need into it today. I can hardly contain myself.... 18 more days!!!!!:cool1:

I have never seen that...it was great! Made me laugh. :)

I just love it!!:rotfl2:

I'm not sure if I can get any more excited, but I am every minute of the day. 17 more days for me and my gang. 16 days until we leave!!:cool1: I'm packing, I'm planning and trying to read up on last minutes tips. This is the life. :cloud9:

We leave 1 month from today! This is our first time with the dining plan (can't turn it down if it's free, right?) so we'll see how that works out. I learned my lesson on our last trip (March 2008) that having TOO many ADRs, especially at resorts, really cut into our touring time. Since we only have 4 1/2 days for this trip, we decided to go with a signature dining restaurant on our arrival night (California Grill) so we only have 4 preplanned sit-down meals. Hopefully this will give us a little more flexibility.

I only have 2 regrets about our timing of this trip: 1) Space Mountain is closed! :( and 2) The only night Fantasmic is happening is the night we have tickets for MNSSHP. But oh well, I'm SURE we'll be back to see both before we know it!

2-1/2 weeks till dh and I go for an adult only trip. Normally we bring grandkids, but this is a trip that is just for us. DH will be 50 while we are in WDW. We have some ressies as restaurants we haven't tried before: The Wave, Tutori Italia & Kouzinna, and we are eating at one place we love Narcoosees. We are hoping for great weather. Can we all blow and keep the hurricanes from forming and coming to Disney World? We plan to just enjoy ourselves and do some things we can't spend as much time doing when we are with kids (watching Off Kilter, browsing at a slower speed). Hope everyone here has a great time. I'm sure we will.

I sent letters to all three schools today asking for the children to be excused for the six days that they will be missing, and they all got excused!!:cool1: I also sent letters to each teacher asking for the work up front so that we can turn it in before we go. :thumbsup2 The teachers said that they appreciated the advance notice. :teacher: I am sooooo happy!! :dance3:

The best part is that my oldest DD has a class in HS that she has to interview & film. Her teacher has asked her to film special moments at Disney for her grade. :woohoo: She is super excited!!

My kids today....:dance3: :rotfl2:

We are headed to the Beach Club for a long weekend on Sept 18-20! It will be our first time staying at either BC/YC and swimming in Stormalong Bay.:banana: It's my DH's birthday and we decided to go with the Deluxe DP this time, so we have ressys for TS locations Fri lunch (Le Cellier) late dinner (Cape May clam bake) Sat breakfast (cape may characters) Sat late dinner (le cellier) Sun breakfast (Captain's Grille) and a late lunch (Chefs de France). We may end up forgoing our Sun lunch for a QS lunch on Sat, though I don't think we'll be very hungry! I am looking forward to a lot of fun and relaxation at the resort and pool, we are local (1.5 hours away) passholders and definately do not need to do the theme park commando thing this time. This is our first deluxe besides Wilderness Lodge last year and I hope we don't get too spoiled, we will probably go for a moderate for our big vacation next May.

I am sooo looking forward to Stormalong Bay!

We will be staying at BLT from 9/5- 9/14!! While we won't get the advantage of free dining as we are DVC members we do have the following meals planned: Crystal Palace- Brkfst, Chef Mickey- Brkfst and Dinner, Liberty Tree- Dinner, Cape May- Dinner, Ohana- Dinner, Park Fare- Dinner, and Hoop De Do! Can't wait!!! We will also be attending MNSSHP!:cool2:

LOL you are going to be there the same time as us :). AKL 9/5-9/15. Same here on free dining being DVC members we don't qualify. Same type of meals planned too.
Chef Mickey's Brkfst, Liberty Tree-Dinner, Cape May-Dinner, Teppan Edo-Dinner, Kona Kafe - Breakfast, We debated on Ohana because we love it but decided to skip this time. Even debated on Hoop Dee Do but decided the kiddos are probably too young yet so we are going with Mickey's Backyard BBQ.

Hope you have a great trip.

So - has anyone done this yet? What benefit is there? Do you get to pick rooms? Can you put in a room request? Do you get confirmation of special requests (i.e. pack 'n play)? Do you know your actual room number?

Just curious!

We are headed to the Beach Club for a long weekend on Sept 18-20! It will be our first time staying at either BC/YC and swimming in Stormalong Bay.:banana: It's my DH's birthday and we decided to go with the Deluxe DP this time, so we have ressys for TS locations Fri lunch (Le Cellier) late dinner (Cape May clam bake) Sat breakfast (cape may characters) Sat late dinner (le cellier) Sun breakfast (Captain's Grille) and a late lunch (Chefs de France). We may end up forgoing our Sun lunch for a QS lunch on Sat, though I don't think we'll be very hungry! I am looking forward to a lot of fun and relaxation at the resort and pool, we are local (1.5 hours away) passholders and definately do not need to do the theme park commando thing this time. This is our first deluxe besides Wilderness Lodge last year and I hope we don't get too spoiled, we will probably go for a moderate for our big vacation next May.

I am sooo looking forward to Stormalong Bay!

If you or anyone else is interested we will be having a Dis Meet at Jelly Rolls the Night of the 18th. Head of to the Dis Meets section of the boards and look for our thread!

So - has anyone done this yet? What benefit is there? Do you get to pick rooms? Can you put in a room request? Do you get confirmation of special requests (i.e. pack 'n play)? Do you know your actual room number?

Just curious!

I was wondering the same thing... does anyone know the benefits?

I can't get over how close it is getting now!!!! EEK!! I am so excited but I kind of wish it were not coming up so fast at times... I know, I know, who wishes THAT??!! I just love looking forward to it though. :cloud9:

I can't wait to see my Welcome Home sign at POR, walk into the MK and hear the music all playing, eat some yummy food and so on... This could be a long list. :rotfl:

I only hope the trip does not fly by. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter