Going in Sept? Share your plans!!

I'm going in September too for my honeymoon! :bride:

We will be at WL for 6 nights from 9/5 - 9/11. I haven't been to WDW in almost 5 years, and have never stayed at WL, so I am really looking forward to it.

I don't have any definately plans yet -- waiting for the Sept. hours to come out before I get my heart set on anything. They better be out before June 7 when is when I can call for ADRs.

I do know that we will definately be going to Bistro de Paris. That's basically the only thing my fiancee has insisted on, and it should be great for a splurge. I'm considering 'Ohanas, Le Cellier, Boma, Citricos, California Grill, Kona for breakfast (never been there, but my finacee loves French toast) CP for Pooh characters, and WCC since it is right at the resort (and I kind of love hokey things where you may get to be the center of attention!)

We are only having immediate family at our wedding (11 people tops - including us!) so this trip is very special to us. And who knows, we may not make it back to Disney before we have kids!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! :goodvibes I also honeymooned in WDW - can't think of a better place to celebrate. We'll be in WDW from 9/4 - 9/12 about the same time as you. We've never stayed at WL, but have heard good things about it - we've seen it because we've been to WCC & it is a very pretty resort - you should have a great stay there. Looks like you have some good choices lined up for adrs :thumbsup2 - hope you're able to get what you want.

We go from Sept. 26-Oct. 3. My birthday is the 28th.

ADRs I hope to get are:
Sept. 28 - Earliest Breakfast at CRT
Sept. 29 - we are going to MNSHHP (got tickets)
Sept. 30 - earliest breakfast at Akershus
Oct. 1 - Mickey's BBQ
Oct. 2 - Earliest breakfast at Crystal palace & Dinner at chef Mickeys

We are staying at BLT. DD loves princesses and characters!

That is so funny that we're doing the same dates, same resort! Are you doing the mansions or alligator side? We requested the mansions.

We did "super-commando" on our last trip. My feet were sore for a week when we got home :rotfl2:

Sure hope the weather is kind to us and it's not 300 degrees!!:laughing:

We requested the mansions too (how did you get my trip planning notes?? :confused3), specifically Oak Manor or Magnolia Terrace for their central locations. It's going to be our first time at POR -- how about you guys? I was just scrolling through the galleries at http://www.portorleans.org/ and it makes me want to pack my bags right now!

It's also going to be our first time going during this time of year, so I'm kind of sweating the weather too. No pun intended. ;)

We requested the mansions too (how did you get my trip planning notes?? :confused3), specifically Oak Manor or Magnolia Terrace for their central locations.

LOL!!! Us too, looks like we'll be neighbors. Don't worry, I'll send your trip planning notes back when I'm done with them. :rolleyes1

We've never been to POR before either. The pictures look great and I've heard TONS of great stuff about it.

We went two years ago in mid-september. It was H-O-T, but nothing a quick dip in the pool or an air conditioned show break didn't fix. My thoughts...more reasons to have a Mickey Bar :)

Trip dates Sept. 19-26.
Cast Me, my partner Michael and our friend John (who has not been since the 70's)
We are staying in 2 rooms at AKL. We used the 40% room discount and are paying for the dining plan. It worked out better for us to use the room discount and not the free dining.

The plan:

We are driving (except John) to Florida from Illinois. John is flying down. I don't fly well, so driving is much easier for us. We plan to leave very early on the 19th and drive straight thru. We should be in between 8 and 10 pm.

I have not started planning which parks we will go to on any given day since Sept. park hours are not out yet. Also we cannot make any dinning reservations until sometime in June. I do know that we want to eat at Le Cellier, Yachtsman, Sci-Fi, Captains Grill, Rainforrest, Tutto Italia, and the sit down place in Japan at Epcot.

I think we may venture over to Citywalk at Universal because we would like to visit the NASCAR cafe as well as Margaritaville.

We were at WDW last Sept. so this will probably be a more relaxing trip for us.

My daughter and I are going to Disney World September 29-October 4. I have no clue how to plan or if I should even do any planning. Since we're taking advantage of the free dining, there are a few places I have picked out to eat at. O'hana (Sounds sooooo yummy!), 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace and The Princess meal in Norway.

I'm getting nervous about making ADRs and am thinking that early breakfasts and late dinners would be our best bet? We're going to the Halloween Party on Thursday October 1 so maybe a lunch reservation would be a good idea for that day. Quite frankly I haven't a clue and as much as I try to plan, my plans are usually shot to poop. If anybody has any tips or ideas of how to plan without being too structured, I'd greatly appreciate it. I read so much stuff that it all becomes jumbled in my head.

I will be taking my mom on her first Disney World trip Sept. 27- Oct. 2 - she is 70!. We will be staying at POR - free dining.

These are our plans so far:

Sept. 27 - arrive , boat to DTD, lunch at Earl of Sandwich, shopping:cool1:
dinner - Hoop de Doo Review

Sept. 28 - Magic Kingdom, afternoon tea at Grand Floridianprincess:

Sept. 29 - Breakfast Park Fare, Epcot including Food and Wine festival:woohoo:

Sept. 30 - Epcot including Food and Wine festival, dinner Cape May Cafe

Oct. 1 - Animal Kingdom, dinner Ohana:goodvibes

Oct. 2 - Hollywood Studios:cool2:, departure:sad2:

We are going in September, also (the 17th-22nd) but we have made no plans yet because the park hours haven't been announced.

GET EXCITED!

We are going in September too! :banana: It will be me, dh, ds#1 and ds#2, from Sept. 12-20, staying at ASMu preferred.

Cannot wait!!!!! :woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:

Woo-hoo! We are going too! :cool1:

Sept 12 - 19
POFQ

Hoping for ADRs at
Chef Mickey's (B)
CP
Ragland Road
Mama Melrose
Teppan Edo
Y&Y
and dinner at Big River Grill

(That stinks about Fantasmic only showing on Wed and Sun - why not on EMH days?) :confused3

I just added one more day to my ressie!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

So we will be at All Star Music in a family suite from 9/6-9/13

We are going 9/19 to 9/26. Staying at the Poly Club Level.

Our plans include

CRT breakfast
LeCellier Dinner
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
Kona Cafe Dinner
'Ohana Breakfast

MNSSHP on 9/22
Wildlife excursion at DAK

Planning on having 2 cakes made, one to clebrate DH 40th and the second for our anniversary. :love:

We are also going to do the Pirates and Pals fireworks Cruise! :cool1:

Happy Planning to everyone. :dance3:

Made the reservation last night:

Party of 5 to ASMusic from 9/27 - 10/02 with Free Dining!

We're going to be celebrating 2 birthdays during this trip.

Question: The restaurants everyone has listed - are those all with the free dining or are any of them going to be out of pocket? The reason I'm asking is because I want to try a lot of the places, but I don't want to pay a lot out of pocket... we're debating about upgrading to deluxe

Made the reservation last night:

Party of 5 to ASMusic from 9/27 - 10/02 with Free Dining!

We're going to be celebrating 2 birthdays during this trip.

Question: The restaurants everyone has listed - are those all with the free dining or are any of them going to be out of pocket? The reason I'm asking is because I want to try a lot of the places, but I don't want to pay a lot out of pocket... we're debating about upgrading to deluxe

We upgraded to deluxe, so I've got a long ADR list but none are OOP. I really don't like counter service with the kids, we love signature dining, and we're appetizer people who often skip dessert, so the basic plan isn't very attractive to us. We've done the deluxe plan once before and loved it, and I'm really looking forward to doing it again.

If you want to run the numbers, I have a spreadsheet in the link in my sig that will calculate the upgrade cost, how much you'd spend based on the restaurant & menu choices you input, and even give a tip budget. The sample numbers in the sheet are my analysis for our ADR wish list for Sept, if you just want to take a peek to see how it can work out. The deluxe plan really can be a spectacular deal if it fits the way you want to eat!

If you want to run the numbers, I have a spreadsheet in the link in my sig that will calculate the upgrade cost, how much you'd spend based on the restaurant & menu choices you input, and even give a tip budget. The sample numbers in the sheet are my analysis for our ADR wish list for Sept, if you just want to take a peek to see how it can work out. The deluxe plan really can be a spectacular deal if it fits the way you want to eat!

Thanks!

There are a lot of signature restuarants I want to visit... however, a previous thread I started about the dining received a lot of feedback about spending a lot of time in the restuarants vs. at the parks. Although, our plans have changed (visiting earlier and staying more days)... I'm still torn.

Also, now we have the opporunity to participate in MNSSHP... just so many things to think about...

Oh no... another thread for OCD planners like myself!

We're going to be there September 18-October 2 at Pop Century with free dining!

So here are the plans as of now... and it's lengthy so feel free to ignore it or grab a munchie before reading, lol.

Travel day/Day 1:
Leave from airport in the evening on Sept 17.
Layover in Los Angeles.
Red-eye flight, arriving at 6AM on Sept 18 at MCO!!!
Get to Pop, hopefully we can check in and get our room, fingers crossed.
Sleep until the afternoon then go to MNSSHP!!!

Day 2:
AK from RD-late afternoon or closing
Spoodles 5PM
WS until Illuminations

Day 3:
HS during the day
HDDR for either 5 or 7:15 show
MK maybe for EMH

Day 4:
Our only non-park day, we are renting a car for the day to:
Eat at Logan's Roadhouse and Boston Market
Visit all the outlet malls that have Disney outlets
Florida Mall
Old Town
Target & Grocery store
No ADRs today

Day 5:
Chef Mickey's 9-10AM
Surpise mom with super birthday present while at CM's
No park planned today
The Wave for dinner, earliest seating possible
If we, for whatever reason, have missed the Sept 18 MNSSHP we will go on this day

Day 6:
Mom's birthday
Kona Cafe 7:30AM
MK all day
Citricos 5:30PM
Birthday cake surprise... perhaps cinderella slipper this time

Day 7:
F & W Festival soft opening!!!
Epcot all day long
Whispering Canyon Cafe 8PM or later

Day 8:
Crystal Palace earliest possible
MK all day, I think
California Grill 7:30PM for 9:30PM Hallowishes

Day 9:
Check-in AKL for the night
Sanaa for lastest lunch seating
No park planned but possibly HS or DTD in the AM
Expedition Everest Challenge
EEC after party at AK

Day 10:
Donald's Safari Breakfast earliest possible
AK for day
Flying Fish Cafe 7PM

Day 11:
Cinderella's Royal Table earliest possible breakfast
MK early AM
Epcot by 10AM
Rose & Crown 7:30PM

Day 12:
HS day
MK or DTD in the afternoon
Ohana 8:15PM

Day 13:
Epcot until mid afternoon
Yak & Yeti 3:30PM
AK EMH

Day 14:
MK all day
Narcoossee's 8PM

Day 15/Going home:
Any last minute park going, most likely HS
Flight leaves at 5:15PM :(

I said it was long, thanks for listening!!!

Ill be arriving sept. 21 and will be there through oct. 2nd. :banana: im not making my touring plans until the hours are released though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter