Going in Sept? Share your plans!!

I seriously can not wait. It will be my families first trip to WDW ever and I am consumed with planning this vacation. It is going to be so much fun - I dream about it at night...ha ha

I can't offer many tips since I've never been. We are going from Sept 11-17th. I PRAY that I get the dinner reservations that I want. I'm freaking out over not getting the ressies that I want and then being stuck to plan all over again - YIKES - back to square one.

Anyway, we plan on eating at Crystal Palace (breakfast), Tusker House (breakfast), Akersas (breakfast), Chef Mickey's (dinner), Ohana (dinner) Coral Reef (dinner) and Mama Melrose (for Fantasmic Dinner Package). I am hoping beyond hope that I will be able to snag a CRT ressie for breakfast (I will be paying oop for that though). Sept seems so far away........

Congrats on your first visit!!! :cheer2: pixiedust:

We'll be arriving the day after you get there! I have a rough plan written up so far. I'm sure it will change once TGM, red, yellow, green lists come out and the park hours/schedules for september. But this is what i have so far.

Saturday - October 3rd
Hollywood Studios
AM:
Early Lunch ADR @ Sci Fi Dine-In
Tour HS
PM:
MM Fantasmic! Dinner Package

Be advised: Fantasmic is currently only showing on Wednesday and Sunday.

We are going 14-21 and have no plans yet :lmao: Im waiting for the hours to come out. The biggest question is to figure out if we should do MNSSHP. We did it last year and loved it....but is it as fun (and worth the money) the second time around ?

We are going 14-21 and have no plans yet :lmao: Im waiting for the hours to come out. The biggest question is to figure out if we should do MNSSHP. We did it last year and loved it....but is it as fun (and worth the money) the second time around ?

I've done it three times. Once with my Mom and twice with my daughter. I didn't plan on doing it again but since my traveling partners (at the time) hadn't seen it yet I went multiple times. I will see it yet again with my husband this September....it doesn't wear thin, but on my own I would not have revisited it again.

We are going to WDW Sept 13th-21st. :woohoo: We are stayin at POP. We actually leave on the 12th at 9:50 pm and arrive the 13th at 9:50 am! I am hoping we can get some sleep on the plane.(ya right!) I have not been to WDW for 14 years, my husband and Step-son have never been. We plan to eat breakfast in the room as we are not big morning eaters.

SUNDAY, September 13th

12PM arrival - CS LUNCH @ pop, unpack, Check out resort, play by pool
ADR @ Whispering Canyon Cafe
Monday, September 14th

Epcot:
Lunch @ Whatever looks good
Dinner ADR @ Garden Grill (my 18 year old DD insists on this place it was her favorite when she was 4!)
Tuesday, September 15th
Animal Kingdom
Lunch @ Pizzafarri
Dinner ADR @Yak and Yeti
Wednesday, September 16th
Magic Kingdom
Lunch most likley at Cosmic Rays
Dinner ADR @ Liberty Tree
Thursday,September 17th
Hollywood Studios
Dinner ADR @ 50 Primtime Cafe
Friday, September 18th
Sleep in -enjoy pool and do laundry (if needed)
Late Lunch ADR @ Kona
PM: Epcot CS dinner around the World. That way everyone is free to get what they like.
Saturday, September 19th
AK Morning
afternoon break at pool or wherever then to Hollywood studios for
Dinner ADR @ Sci-fi
Sunday, September 20th
Lastest breakfast ADR @ Crystal Palace or Chef Mikeys
Tour Plans Open…….determine which park we’d like to see more of and go there or DTD.
Monday, September 21st
This day is open for shopping and ??? Flight leaves for home at 3:45ish. :sad1:

We've changed our minds 100 times and I'm sure we'll do it 100 more before we get there.

The theme for this year's vacation is "See some stuff and relax." Last year was DS's 1st trip and we (read: mommy) tried too hard to cram too much into a half Disney-half beach trip. So, this year I decided to keep things light and try to just accept the fact we will miss things :laughing:

We'll see how it goes. I'd appreciate any comments too. I always have this nagging feeling I've overlooked something. And yes, we're skipping Animal Kingdom. I know, I know - you love it, but we don't, so it's getting the shaft on this abbreviated family tip.

Arrive Saturday, September 26th
Dinner @ Kona and chilling at the Poly pool
This will also involve multiple cocktails in pineapple shaped containers for me :thumbsup2

Sunday, September 27th
Breakfast @ Chef Mickeys and on to Magic Kingdom
Late Lunch @ Kona and chilling out at hotel for break
CS dinner and hopefully see Spectro which we've never caught before :yay:

Monday, September 28th
CS Breakfast @ Poly and on to Hollywood Studios
Lunch @ Sci Fi
Spend afternoon/early evening at Downtown Disney
Dinner @ T-Rex with our little dinosaur :cool2:

Tuesday, September 29th
Chill out day. Breakfast @ Ohana
CS @ hotel
MNSSHP :cool1: My absolute favorite Disney-thing ever
CS @ park for dinner too

Wednesday, September 30th
Late breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare and then on to Epcot
CS @ hotel for lunch and dinner (or noshing around F&W Festival)

Thursday, October 1st
Breakfast @ Crystal Palace and then Magic Kingdom part deaux
CS @ Park
Farewell dinner at Narcoosee's :goodvibes

Friday, October 2nd
Breakfast @ Kona (coffee for the road) and Good bye Disney!

I am still working on our plans. I am even second guessing eating at Crystal Palace because my kids are not into Pooh and friends. Is the food worth the trip? I was wanting an ADR to watch Wishes after dinner so 6 or 7pm right?

There is so much to plan, and it's so much..... FUN!!!!:cool1:

We're going Sept 27 - Oct 3. Here's what we have so far...
Sat ...........check in, unpack and relax ADR ?
Sunday Dh Birthday MK ......................ADR Ohana
Monday............................................ ?
Tuesday MNSSHP...............................ADR LTT
Wednesday....................................... ?
Thursday Our Anniversary.................... ?
Friday My birthday...............................?

I'll be there from 9/26-10/3, staying at Pop for the first time, although I'm thinking about changing to ASMovies...I don't really have a schedule yet since the hours aren't out, and I'm having trouble deciding on restaurants for my ADR's! I know I want to do a character breakfast or dinner, either at Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace. I also want to do Le Cellier, and maybe the restaurant in France (forgot the name!). I'm also thinking about doing a Grand Floridian restaurant, since I LOVE the resort and have always wanted to stay there, but can't afford it yet! My boyfriend is insisting we do Capt. Jack's because we tried to go last year but there was an hour long wait, so for some reason, he wants to go this time around, but I'm going to try to talk him into Raglan Road instead! Also want to try to do La Nouba and the Halloween party!

Oh, speaking of the Halloween party, I know they go on sale this Friday, but is it ok to wait a week to buy them? Will they be sold out? I was thinking of going either Tuesday 9/29 or Thursday 10/1.

It is going to be so much fun, but I have to tell ya, this waiting is killing me. :upsidedow

Hey! My Mickey & Minnie are finally moving on my ticker! :cool1: They have been sitting on that darn hat for months! I'm getting closer.:lmao:

Hi all! We are headed to the world 9/26-10/3. This will be our first time attending in Sept. We have done July/Early Dec/and April.

9/26/2009
Drive in and check in Saratoga Springs by 2. Hoping for a little Pixie Dust to get my request of the Grandstand! Unpack and nap by the pool!
ADR: Trails End Dinner around 6:30
Maybe a little Magic Kingdom after that?

9/27/2009
Hollywood Studios where we will hopefully have a meet with one of our favorite podcasters Matt Hochberg from WDW Today.
ADR: 50’s Prime Time around 6:00PM

9/28/2009
Magic Kingdom in the morning
ADR: 1900 Park Fare around 5/5:30PM
Maybe hop to Hollywood Studios for ToT at night or Fantasmic?

9/29/2009
Epcot Futureworld
Lunch at Sunshine Seasons
Back to the resort for nap and pool
ADR: Liberty Tree Tavern 5:00PM
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!

9/30/2009
Sleep in and hang by the pool all morning
Hit up F&W at Epcot around 2:00PM
ADR: Tutto Italia

10/1/2009
Either Sea World or Typhoon Lagoon
Back to the resort to freshen up
Downtown Disney for a little date night
Portobello for Dinner

10/2/2009
Animal Kingdom
Lunch at flame tree
Back to the resort to freshen up
Drive to Kidani to check out our HOME
ADR: Dinner at Sanaa around 6:00PM
Maybe walk to Jambo hang at the bar for a drink or do the AK night vision goggles

10/3/2009

Check out. =(
ADR: Crystal Palace breakfast ADR as early as we can get

We'll be at POP Sept. 19-27th and I can't wait! I'm also trying to decide on my dining reservations, but like many want to wait until I know which parks have EMH's. I'm pretty firm on doing the Spirit of Aloha dinner the first night we arrive, but other than that I'm playing it by ear until the EMH's come out. Our must do's are Le Cellier and Garden Grill, and we'll be meeting up with my best friend from highschool's family for Mamma Melrose and the Fantasmic dinner package. I'm so so happy to see I'm not the only one this obsessive!
:grouphug:

We'll be going Sept. 17-21, staying at POR too!!!! We're celebrating our 4th Anniversay. We'll be spending 4 nights and then going on a 4 night cruise on Royal Carribbean Monarch of the Seas. I can't wait until park hours come out so I can plan. I'm really concerned about ADRs, as I want to do California Grill on our last night during wishes (crossing fingers).

We'll be going Sept. 17-21, staying at POR too!!!! We're celebrating our 4th Anniversay... I can't wait until park hours come out so I can plan. I'm really concerned about ADRs, as I want to do California Grill on our last night during wishes (crossing fingers).

Whoa. My sister and I are staying the same dates you are, at the same resort!!! :earseek: We're also waiting for park hours to come out so we can make more concrete plans, but, as it stands, we're banking on:

9/17: Afternoon flight; PM @ MK for Spectro + Wishes
9/18: AM @ AK; PM @ HS for dinner @ Sci-Fi, then Fantasmic
9/19: AM @ MK; PM @ EP for dinner @ ?, then Illuminations
9/20: AM or PM @ DTD for shopping and dinner @ Planet Hollywood?
9/21: AM @ ?; Afternoon flight

We're going super-commando for this trip. I'm talking park opening to park closing. If we're not snoring on the flight home, we did something wrong. :rotfl:

Arriving on Sept 8th 11am staying at POP, Remember this is based on show schedules from last year so may have to change again when schedule comes out. Will have hopper though so that helps.

Sept 8th: Arrive and check in hopefully hit Epcot no later than 2pm. Di5pm: dinner at Chefs de France
Walk to DS and get in line for Fantasmic.
After have a late swim at resort.

Sept 9th: Rope drop at MK. 5ish dinner @ 1900 park fare. Back to M/k for spectomagic and wishes. Back to resort or a lounge on property.

Sept 10th: Rope drop @DS, 11ish: lunch at Primetime. 5ish;walk over to World showcase and finish what I started the first day.

Sep 11th: Rope Drop @ak, 11:30 cs@flametree, 530 dinner at CP then MNSSHP. till midnight

Sept 12th finish up any loose ends, maybe dtd. then back to hotel around 2-3 to head to airport for 6:20 flight.

remember this is all around hours from last year and I'm open to suggestions since I'm new at this.

Don't forget that the dates for the Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom are out. And EPCOT is open each night at least til 9:00 PM. This may help some of you with your planning. It certainly helped me. Good luck to all of you. We will be at Port Orleans French Quarter 9/29 - 10/6/2009. pirate:

I've been a little slow on the planning because I'm kind of bummed to be going in Sept instead of this month as we'd originally planned, so I've only got some very tentative plans roughed out thus far.

We're going to be at the FW Cabins from Sept 25 to Oct 4, and we upgraded our free dining package to the deluxe dining.

I'm still waiting on DS's decision about what special experience we're going to do this year, either the Everest 5K or the Seas Aqua tour, so at the very least we'll probably be changing plans to accomodate whichever one we decide to do.

All the park days are iffy, because I'll probably rearrange when park hours and EMH schedules come out. We like to do evening EMH and don't plan on getting hoppers, so I based my tentative schedule on last Sept's EMHs.

Sept 25:
Arrive, check out the resort, pick up our golf cart, grocery delivery.
Dinner at Artist Point.
Maybe a little Epcot time for evening EMH or campfire/movie at the resort, depending on the kids

Sept 26:
Resort day/race day if we're doing the 5K
Late breakfast or early lunch (if it is offered this year) at Chef Mickey
Swim, relax, rest
Early dinner at California Grill
Campfire & movie if we're not doing 5K - Race & after party if we are

Sept 27:
Magic Kingdom day
Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern
Afternoon rest at the resort if it seems like DD1 needs it
Dinner at Narcoosees
Evening EMH

Sept 28:
Hollywood Studios
Lunch at Brown Derby
Dinner at Flying Fish
Back to park for F! if the kids are up for it

Sept 29:
Waterpark day
Dinner at Kona
MNSSHP

Sept 30:
Epcot day
Breakfast at Akershus
DS & I - Seas Aqua Tour if we decide to book it
Lunch snacking around F&W festival
Dinner at Le Cellier (Tutto Italia if I can't get LeC)

Oct 1:
Waterpark/DTD/free day
Breakfast at Kona
Dinner at Spirit of Aloha

Oct 2:
Epcot day
Lunch at Teppan Edo
Rest if the kids need it
Dinner at Marrakesh
Evening EMH

Oct 3:
Animal Kingdom
Lunch at Yak & Yeti
Dinner at Jiko
DH & the big kids to Disney Quest

Oct 4:
Breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe
Maybe MK depending on our departure time

We're going super-commando for this trip. I'm talking park opening to park closing. If we're not snoring on the flight home, we did something wrong. :rotfl:

That is so funny that we're doing the same dates, same resort! Are you doing the mansions or alligator side? We requested the mansions.

We did "super-commando" on our last trip. My feet were sore for a week when we got home :rotfl2:

We're thinking:

9/17: Morning flight; afternoon at @ HS, Poly for Luau
9/18: MK / MNSSHP
9/19: Epcot, dinner at Le Cellier then Illuminations
9/20: AM at AK, afternoon pool break, Dinner at California Grill (Wishes)
9/21: Character Breakfast then off to cruise port

Sure hope the weather is kind to us and it's not 300 degrees!!:laughing:

If anyone is interested, you can find Aug hours, show schedules, and EMH here - http://www.disneytravelagents.com/S.../pdf/ParkHours/WDW_Operating_Calendar_Aug.pdf I'm thinking the hours for the last week of Aug will give me a better idea of what to expect for Sept than looking at last year's hours.

I'm a bit disappointed with the DHS schedule - evening EMH are on early closing nights, so the extra 3 hours still means they're only open until 10, and there are no F! shows scheduled on EMH nights. :(

I'm going in September too for my honeymoon! :bride:

We will be at WL for 6 nights from 9/5 - 9/11. I haven't been to WDW in almost 5 years, and have never stayed at WL, so I am really looking forward to it.

I don't have any definately plans yet -- waiting for the Sept. hours to come out before I get my heart set on anything. They better be out before June 7 when is when I can call for ADRs.

I do know that we will definately be going to Bistro de Paris. That's basically the only thing my fiancee has insisted on, and it should be great for a splurge. I'm considering 'Ohanas, Le Cellier, Boma, Citricos, California Grill, Kona for breakfast (never been there, but my finacee loves French toast) CP for Pooh characters, and WCC since it is right at the resort (and I kind of love hokey things where you may get to be the center of attention!)

We are only having immediate family at our wedding (11 people tops - including us!) so this trip is very special to us. And who knows, we may not make it back to Disney before we have kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter