Go Big or Go Home! 17 Days of Disney Dining! COMPLETE & Food & Wine Fest Index

The photo tour is fab! Thanks so much for going to all that effort. Looking forward to our August trip even more! I plan to eat my body weight in food each day!

1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

Loving the photo tour!
Thanks, it's a great idea :)

Thanks Linda! It's getting me so hyped for F&W this year.

What an awesome dining report! Thanks for letting us tag along! I appreciated your candid reviews of everything as well as the photos too. I've never been to the Food & Wine fest because our vacation schedule never seems to work for that time of year, but after reading your report, I definitely want to make it happen!

Thank you so much! It is so fun to be there for F&W. There are too many great things going on throughout the year at WDW. It's hard to pick a time to go because you want to do everything! I hope you get a chance to visit one year during F&W because it is such a blast!

Coming out of lurkdom to say thanks for writing this TR/DR.
The last post with all the glorious food pics,.... DROOL WORTHY...you're killing me right before lunch. Trying F&W is my must do, unfortunately it will be several years in the making to attend that festival with a little one.
Thanks for sharing :worship:

Thanks so much for coming out of lurkdom! :thumbsup2 I hope you make it to F&W in the next few years. You will have a great time. I'm already getting so excited to return this year.

The photo tour is fab! Thanks so much for going to all that effort. Looking forward to our August trip even more! I plan to eat my body weight in food each day!

1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

:lmao: I always say the same thing. I feel like I need to go into training for a few months before our trips so that my body is ready for the massive quantities of food I am about to enjoy.

Awesome!!!!!
thank you for sharing the F&W selections!!! I have my must dos picked out now...:rotfl:popcorn::

I can't wait until they release this year's menus. If they stay relatively unchanged I have a pretty good idea of the booths I want to partake in and the ones I want to avoid. I am ready to start plotting my plan of attack!

What a great report! Thanks so much for sharing:)

Thanks so much for joining in! :goodvibes

Next we both stopped at the Craft beer booth. I got the Leinenkugel's Seasonal Shandy.

This was so light and refreshing. Definitely my kind of beer. I'm pretty sure this was the Orange Shandy because I have purchased a few six packs of those since we got home and it tastes like the same thing. I am definitely a big Leinenkugel fan now. :thumbsup2

Hi! I am loving all of your updates and reviews.

I read you were from the Jersey area. If you haven't been, Leinenkugel has a really really cool restaurant/bar in the Inner Harbor area in Baltimore. They serve all of their beers on tap, it's kind of like a beer garden. AND they have an amazing crab stuffed soft pretzel ;) It's the best!

A great photo finish Jeri what a wonderful idea :thumbsup2

Thanks! I thought that might be a little easier to follow than 20 separate F&W posts scattered throughout.

Hi! I am loving all of your updates and reviews.

I read you were from the Jersey area. If you haven't been, Leinenkugel has a really really cool restaurant/bar in the Inner Harbor area in Baltimore. They serve all of their beers on tap, it's kind of like a beer garden. AND they have an amazing crab stuffed soft pretzel ;) It's the best!

Thanks for the great tip! I am going to try and get there this summer to check it out! That sounds like a lot of fun. :thumbsup2

Wow what an incredible food report, thanks so much. We will be there for the last 2 days of food & wine and your review gave me a real idea of what to look forward too .... Great report and what a fabulous vacation : )
Since we will be there only 2 days what booths are a must do?

This thread was VERYYYY helpful!! Thank you!!!

You're very welcome! I'm so glad this was helpful for you! :thumbsup2

Wow what an incredible food report, thanks so much. We will be there for the last 2 days of food & wine and your review gave me a real idea of what to look forward too .... Great report and what a fabulous vacation : )
Since we will be there only 2 days what booths are a must do?

Hi there! Sorry I'm so late responding to your post. I have been asking myself the very same question since we will only be there for a day this year ourselves. I would say Mexico, Canada, France and Ireland would be my must do booths. I am looking forward to the tacos, mushroom filet, escargot and cheese selections most of all. I'm going to be very choosy this time around. I will be curious to see what new booths are added this year too. I might have to try something from a new spot as well.

I just read your entire posting! Thank you! You have just made me feel better about having no reservations for my September trip once the Food & Wine Festival starts! Those food booths look to be pretty tasty and its a way for both my boyfriend and I could both get exactly what we want!

When are you going in September? I will be there from 6 Sept until 22 Sept. I'm also happy I got to hear about your mass resort swapping also, makes me feel good for my only 3 changes in 17 days, the third resort was because BC couldn't extend my room by one day due to Food & Wine.

I cant wait to look through all this report..looks like you had a great time..we always drive from Indiana so its between a 14-16 hour trip depending on traffic..we drove straight the first year and now we stop overnight..

Stacey is our running joke, every time we return to disney my husband says I have to watch my girlfriend..aka stacey...:rotfl2:

After our trip to Epcot I was exhausted and very dehydrated. Between the lack of sleep, all the walking, all the drinking and the heat I was not feeling the greatest. In fact, I got the worst leg cramp of my life on the way to the bus. It was bad. I could barely walk. I was practically dragging my leg behind me. This served as a cautionary tale for future days. I remembered to bring a bottle of water with me on other days at F&W and refilled it at water fountains throughout the day.

We made it back to the room and just laid in bed and watched Stacey!

Rob wanted to open the bottle of wine we bought at the Festival Center, but we realized that there are no corkscrews in the rooms at Pop. We went out in search of one and the bartender at Petals Pool Bar was nice enough to let us borrow one. :thumbsup2 Once the wine was open Rob was feeling too tired to walk the corkscrew back down to the bar. I was actually feeling a little hungry, so I volunteered to take the corkscrew back and head out in search of food.

Once I was at the main pool it was only a short walk to the walkway connecting Pop to Art of Animation. It was a beautiful night so I walked over to AoA to grab dinner.

The view of AoA from the Pop side of Hourglass Lake.

The walkway over to AoA

Loved the Finding Nemo theming at the pool

The food court here was packed and chaotic, but I found what I wanted and was able to place my order almost immediately despite a long line and got my food very quickly. I asked for it to go, so they even had it boxed up in a little container for me. I paid and was able to use my TiW card for the first time. Very easy. I accomplished my food mission very quickly. :thumbsup2

I headed back to the room for a bedtime picnic. I had the Surf and Surf Burger. Crab Cake topped with fried Popcorn shrimp, tomato, lettuce, and cajun reoulade on a brioche bun served with house-seasoned fries.

I really wanted to try this and I am so glad that I did! The crab cake had just a little more filler than I care for, but it was still very good and I liked the crunch of the shrimp on top. The brioche bun was very fresh and buttery. My fries were still warm and crispy by the time I got back to the room. This was a ton of food and a decent bargain at $10.49. It is just as much for a chesseburger and fries, so why not get some yummy seafood instead!

Rob didn't want a full meal, so I got him a dessert treat.

He loves cheesecake, so I figured I couldn't go wrong here. He wasn't super thrilled with these though. He said none of them had a very distinct flavor. He thought they were just okay.

We also polished off our bottle of Key Limen wine from the festival.

We settled in for the night just in time to watch a new episode of Big Bang Theory. Which Rob fell asleep to five minutes into the show. :laughing: I needed my sleep too because we had a fun day planned at Magic Kingdom where we were excited to get our first glimpse at the New Fantasyland!

I just read your entire posting! Thank you! You have just made me feel better about having no reservations for my September trip once the Food & Wine Festival starts! Those food booths look to be pretty tasty and its a way for both my boyfriend and I could both get exactly what we want!

When are you going in September? I will be there from 6 Sept until 22 Sept. I'm also happy I got to hear about your mass resort swapping also, makes me feel good for my only 3 changes in 17 days, the third resort was because BC couldn't extend my room by one day due to Food & Wine.

You could definitely get a TON of meals out of just simply walking around F&W. There are so many amazing things to try.

We'll be there during the same time! :thumbsup2 We will be there the 13th-20th. Maybe we'll see you around! I don't mind switching resorts. It's actually kinda fun! I love so many of the resorts that it's actually great to experience so many different ones.

I cant wait to look through all this report..looks like you had a great time..we always drive from Indiana so its between a 14-16 hour trip depending on traffic..we drove straight the first year and now we stop overnight..

Stacey is our running joke, every time we return to disney my husband says I have to watch my girlfriend..aka stacey...:rotfl2:

This was such an awesome trip! It was so fun to report on it. That drive is brutal. Part of me wants to stop overnight too.

I love Stacey! She's tradition! :thumbsup2

I just found and read the entire thread, and am popping in to say thank you and great job.

The F&W posts made me just a little sorry we're not doing it this year. We're DVC members, but mostly use points for hotel rooms at DL. This year, though, we are taking our nieces to WDW during the holiday season.

I'm looking forward to your September report, since we'll be there fairly soon afterward, and will have a couple of restaurant overlap.

Thanks again.

Following so I can come back and read! :)

Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

Your dining reports make me so happy!!!!! :worship:

Thank you so much for that lovely compliment! So glad you enjoy my reviews! :goodvibes

I just found and read the entire thread, and am popping in to say thank you and great job.

The F&W posts made me just a little sorry we're not doing it this year. We're DVC members, but mostly use points for hotel rooms at DL. This year, though, we are taking our nieces to WDW during the holiday season.

I'm looking forward to your September report, since we'll be there fairly soon afterward, and will have a couple of restaurant overlap.

Thanks again.

Thanks so much for reading! So happy you enjoyed my report!

It's always so hard to see other people's F&W pics and not want to join in. I'm so happy we get to go again this year. Even if it's only for a day. However, the holiday season is an equally good time to go. If we go again next year I think I will want to wait for the holidays to visit. It's so awesome there that time of year.

Only 40 days until our September trip, so the next DR should start in about 50 days or so. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter