Go Big or Go Home! 17 Days of Disney Dining! COMPLETE & Food & Wine Fest Index

LOVE-Love-loved!!!! reading your reviews!

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and pictures!....You guys are super cute! :flower3:

Really enjoyed reading your report

Thank you so much! It was such a fun trip to write about!

Is there any Hess station that you can walk to?

If you are at the Boardwalk you can walk to the Hess location nearby. From the main entrance to Boardwalk it is right across the street. Depending how much you buy and where you are staying in relation to Boardwalk it is doable to get supplies there for a better price than you pay on site.

Thank you so much! It was such a fun trip to write about!

If you are at the Boardwalk you can walk to the Hess location nearby. From the main entrance to Boardwalk it is right across the street. Depending how much you buy and where you are staying in relation to Boardwalk it is doable to get supplies there for a better price than you pay on site.
I am not sure where the entrance to Boardwalk is I just thought that Boardwalk is between Epcot and DHS. so it would be near which restaurant or hotel, etc.?

The Boardwalk resort is basically located in between Epcot and HS. The main entrance to get into the resort is located across the street from the Hess station. Hopefully this map gives you a better idea.

After lunch we went back to our room and relaxed and rented another movie from the Community Hall. This time we rented the Tom Cruise classic, Cocktail! Don't make fun of me. The people running the DVD rental at Community Hall already did. :lmao:

That night our friend who lives in Florida came to spend the next few days with us. Rob and our friend really wanted to watch the Thursday night football game. We didn't really feel like going to ESPN Club to watch the game, but we found out a few days before that Paradiso 37 would have it on the tv in their bar area. The three of us got on the bus and headed to DTD with our refillable glass in hand!

When we got there it was pretty busy, but there were plenty of open seats at the bar area. The hostess was accommodating with our request to be near a screen showing the game and seated us right away at a booth in the upper part of the restaurant that faced a tv. The boys were very happy.

This was our view of the lower part of the restaurant from our booth.

This is where our story takes an odd turn. Our server was... strange. At first he seemed nice and pretty cool, but then he almost seemed to become a little too comfortable with us and started to swear a lot. We heard this guy drop the F Bomb at least 5 or 6 times. Very unusual anywhere you go, but especially in WDW. I'm no prude and I wasn't particularly offended, but that is really improper for a server to speak to customers like that. He also kept talking about how he didn't need this job and does it just for kicks. Okay.

Anyway, we ordered drinks and food. Our friend ordered one of the refillable 21 oz pilsner glasses and a burger to start. I didn't get a picture of his food since I only subject my husband to my crazy food picture taking. :laughing:

Rob and I refilled our 45 oz glass with a Rum Runner.

We ordered a couple of appetizers. We got the Mexican Dipping Trio. Chunky Guacamole, Chili con Carne & Spinach Queso Dips. Served with Corn Tortilla Chips.

The verdict? Chips were good, guacamole was okay, chili was pretty good and the queso was not great. I expect queso to be smooth and creamy not thick and chunky. I guess I have only had one type of queso dip before this. Not a fan of this kind.

We also ordered Quesadillas. Flour Tortillas Stuffed with Chicken. Topped with Imported Cheeses and Served with Sour Cream and Pico de Gallo

Now these were awesome! Simple, but very flavorful. One of the best chicken quesadillas I have ever had.

This is where I got annoyed. We sat there for maybe an hour and a half to two hours watching the game, eating and getting refills on our refillable cups. Our strange server was trying so hard to get us to leave. Rob and I never complain, but we got to the point where we were ready to get a manager. Looking back, we really should have. I could understand pushing us out if people were waiting for our table, but once we were there for about a half hour the place really emptied out. There was no wait whatsoever. Also, we were ordering drinks the whole time. We racked up a decent bill between the three of us. It's not like this guy was losing money on us. There was a table next to us with four people who were there before us, left around the same time as us and didn't order very much and our server seemed fine with them. Not sure what we did to upset him. :confused3

He kept saying, "I'll get you a lid for your cups and you are allowed to walk around with them." We said we already had a lid with us and that we weren't ready to leave just yet. Okay, once is fine. He's just trying to be helpful. After he said something about the lids 3 or 4 more times we got annoyed and left before the game was even over. He made it very clear that we should leave before we finished our drinks. It's one of those things where you really had to be there to hear the way he was talking to us. I swear, we weren't being obnoxious, or loud or rude to this man in any way. His attitude toward us off-putting. Then as we were leaving he came up to us and gave us his card and slapped Rob on the back and told us to call him next time we come and he will take care of us. What the heck?! Maybe this guy just didn't realize how pushy he was being. I don't know. Whatever the case may be, it kind of took a little of the shine off of this place for us after such a great first visit earlier in the trip.

I still really like this place and we don't let bad service put us off a place we like. Our other server was great, so sometimes you just get someone having a bad day. We will still be back next trip. Refillable glass and all!

Up next, breakfast at Hollywood Studios!

Maybe he was confused by the two guys one gal group you were, and decided you were seriously unconventional people. Just guessing, because something about you gave him permission to break rules and be rude.

I also think that the young adults who staff most Disney restaurants are much more likely to be polite to older and younger customers than to other young adults -- I think it can be a bit of a jealousy thing, as in "Why am I waiting tables when my age peers are on expensive vacations?"

Yeah, our server as a wack-a-doo. I needed a few more refills in my big glass to deal with him I think. :rotfl2:

HS needs to step it up on the breakfast options. You have Fairfax Fare, Starring Rolls and Hollywood & Vine buffet (which holds zero interest for me) and I think that's it. You almost HAVE TO eat at your hotel on HS mornings. Lets get a Toy Story themed breakfast buffet, or a quality Brown Derby breakfast menu going in or something. Anything! :laughing:

Thanks so much! :goodvibes Another update coming up!

CS in the Studios needs to be stepped up, I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!