• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony. 14 nights food reviews from two little piggies!LAST DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent reviews! Keep em coming! :goodvibes

I'm looking forward to reading more and then obsessively re-checking my ADRs for September to be sure I've made the right choices.

Ah, how I love food trip reports! :cloud9:

Count me in too!!:thumbsup2

I love all your pictures! We also loved PO, although we stayed on the riverside "side."

That magic bar looks really yummo! I also am looking forward to some of the Off site places...

Keep it going!

Ms.H

Ok, you have me hooked! I am subbing....popcorn:: You better have pictures!! I LOVE them so far....:thumbsup2

Can't wait for more!

Love you reviews, looking forward to reading the rest. We are staying at POFQ in August, will definitely have to try a Magic Cookie Bar.

BTW I also live in Norwich we are all NCFC supporters

We are also staying at the POFQ in August. Can't wait to see more food photos, great report so far.

Love you reviews, looking forward to reading the rest. We are staying at POFQ in August, will definitely have to try a Magic Cookie Bar.

BTW I also live in Norwich we are all NCFC supporters

No way! My family are all season ticket holders!! DH is a tractor boy though so feel free to draw all over his photos!!!

Isn't the weather here great today?! So nice to get back from that blistering sun into torrential rain and howling wind!

Could eat a magic cookie bar right now!

No way! My family are all season ticket holders!! DH is a tractor boy though so feel free to draw all over his photos!!!

Isn't the weather here great today?! So nice to get back from that blistering sun into torrential rain and howling wind!

Could eat a magic cookie bar right now!

We are all season ticket holders too, my three sons sit in the Barclay, I used to sit in the City stand next season have moved into disabled area as stairs were too much for my Dad.

As we are staying at POFQ any tips/advice?

As for DH

:thumbsup2

Great reviews and pictures. I have stayed at POR x3 times now and have never seen the magic cookies!!!! Will definately look for them in March. They look soooo yummy:woohoo: :woohoo:

I’m back!

Well, DH has a serious death wish going on. We went back to work today (sob). Last night I was getting my clothes ready for today and he asked whether I was sure everything would fit me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A little harsh me thinks?!! :mad:

Now I am sitting at my desk the waistband is cutting in a tad, but really!!! :rotfl:

On with the grub! Sunday 11th May cont.

We went shopping all morning (it’s a hard life!) with just a Starbucks Caramel Frappachino to keep us going (10/10 – I just love Starbucks!!), and finally stopped for lunch about 2.30pm. This was a cunning plan as I remember Earl of Sandwich used to be terribly busy between 12-2pm, and we could never get a table. Now we had been CRAVING an EoS for two years! We love them! Love, love, love. We went to Vegas and LA last year, and the EoS in Vegas opened up a few weeks after we left and the one in California was over an hours drive away. So this was it, our chance!! It was on the schedule for us to eat here 4 times this trip, so brace yourself for boredom if you’re not eating there!

We had both known for 2 years what we were having – Me – The beloved Original. TG – his beloved Earls Club. I ordered while TG grabbed an indoor table – yey! I also ordered one of their brownies – I have been dreaming about those little delights for two years as well!

Then we waited, and waited. After a good 10 mins someone asked TG (I had got bored waiting and sent him up to wait) what order number he was. He told them, they looked panicked and rushed off. Yep they had lost our order – things like this always happen to us – we are such Eeyores! After a few more minutes we got our food.

Piccie – original at front and Club at back.
CIMG2047-1-1.jpg

Me first – as good as I remember!!! Loads of thinly sliced beef, a good thick layer of horse radish, soft yet crusty hot bread. TO DIE FOR! 10/10:yay:

TG – he was a little disappointed, said it was good but not quite as good as he remembered. I think he had probably just built it up in his mind too much over the 2 years though. Plus he was sulking that I had got myself a brownie but forgot to get him his chips (Mrs Vichy or whatever they are called). Apparently you can’t eat a sandwich without chips on the side! Who knew?! 8/10

The brownie was also excellent – thick gooey base, with a sweet, cracked top – 10/10! You can just see it under my sandwich wrapper.

Dinner – Tony Romas on I-Drive.

We adore Tony Romas, we are both rib fanatics and Tony Romas are still the best we have ever had anywhere, ever. We discovered Tony Roma’s in Australia years ago and have stuffed our faces in them world-wide (well, Orlando, Vegas and LA) ever since. There is only one Tony Roma’s in England and it’s a 3 hour drive from us, so 2 or 3 times a year we make the long drive and go all that way just for lunch! And its always worth it! Well it is for me as me and my full belly can sleep all the way home! Not so good for my chauffeur who has to manage the long drive with no company and a full tum!

So it was nice to only have a 15 minute drive to I-Drive, rather than a three hour journey! We arrived about 7.30 and waited about 10 seconds to be seated, which was good. Can’t remember our waiters name, but he was very friendly and very efficient. I went for a glass of wine and was tipsy within two minutes flat – I so cannot take alcohol! Food – I ordered wings and a Roma rack of original baby backs. TG went for steak sliders and a full rack of original babybacks. I had loaded mash and tomato pesto salad as sides, and TG had fries and coleslaw.

The food came very quickly. The wings were superb – spicy, hot and moist. Now please brace yourself before looking at the picture – I was so keen to try them that I couldn’t be bothered to wait and get a photo (I was desperate, it had been 24 hours since I had last tasted some). So there I am innocently sucking those poor bones dry when TG decided to snap a picture of me - it is not pretty. But it gives you an idea of how many wings there were, and how tasty they were! 10/10
CIMG2075-1-1.jpg

Look at that pile of little corpses. Delightful!!!

TG’s sliders – good, but it was quite hard biting into the steak. He would have preferred them to be proper burgers - 9/10 (sorry, failed to take picture, oops!).

This picture below is how I would rather you remember me, than the bone sucking creature above.
CIMG2077-1.jpg

Ribs – to die for!!! Fell off the bone, tasty, yummy, good meat - no fat. All the different sauces were available on the table for us to try (which is why we went for original on the actual ribs). TG’s corn and fries were excellent. My tomato pesto salad was really nice and refreshing. The mash was OK – you could tell it was the powdered kind, it was a bit grainy! Because of the mash I have to only give the meal 9.5 /10. TG gives his 10/10. I was glad I went for a smaller size rack so I could walk out rather than roll.
TG's plate after - not much left and too full to sit up straight!
CIMG2078-1.jpg

A great meal, and one we will return to again on our second week!

So you would think we have eaten enough today? NOPE! Whilst at DTD earlier we popped into Goofy’s candy store and had some MYO treats made up! This was a great time of day to do it (3pm) no one else was in there. I filmed the girl making them which she seemed to find weird – obviously not a Dis-ser!

So what did we have . . . . I had marshmallows (great value, you even get a straw to keep!!), rolled in milk chocolate, covered in oreo crumbs, and drizzled in caramel. TG had a rice crispie thing, covered in milk chocolate, rolled in reeses pieces and oreo crumbs and drizzled in caramel.
CIMG2079-1.jpg

These were good – I gave mine 8/10 (I wished I had got 2 toppings). TG gave his 10/10. I will just point out these took 2 nights to eat, so we’re not quite the piggies you think . . . . ahem. :lmao:

So all in all an excellent days calorie intake.

Up next POFQ breakfast, Chefs De France lunch, and Boma dinner. PLUS snacks at Fountain View and Norway. Oink, oink.

We are all season ticket holders too, my three sons sit in the Barclay, I used to sit in the City stand next season have moved into disabled area as stairs were too much for my Dad.

As we are staying at POFQ any tips/advice?

As for DH

I used to be a Barclay girl! I don't go anymore, can't bear being out in the cold (and I would be shunned anyway if they found out what I was married to!!!)!! My family are all in the Jarrold stand. Such a small world (now who's singing that awful song?!).

POFQ -we didn't ask for a certain block just thought we would leave it to fate. Now I have stayed in block 3 though I think I would alway request it again - it was just 2 mins from the shop, foodcourt, pool and carpark. Took about 8/9 mins to walk to Riverside. We only used the foodcourt for breakfast so I can't recommend any meals there- the beignets were as good as people say at breakfast though! And just to help you - its pronounced ben-yays. We made idiots of ourself the first morning trying to find out how to say it!!!

If you're like me and don't like the cold I found the pool at Riverside to be a bit warmer that the one at FQ - that was worth the walk for me!! Plus it means you are near the magic cookie bars. . . :cloud9:

Oh we need more more more everything looks so yummy i go in 3 days so i hope you can put a lot more reviews up before i go hehe!!

Excellent review! I am drooling over your treats from Goofy's Candy Co! We have never been, and I'm really looking forward to getting some on our next rip.:thumbsup2

Am going to trya multi-quote - wish me luck!
Thanks for your reviews so far :thumbsup2 . Can't wait to read more ::yes:: !
Welcome and thanks!

Ok, you have me hooked! I am subbing....popcorn:: You better have pictures!! I LOVE them so far....:thumbsup2

Can't wait for more!
I have many pictures, not all of them as scary as the chicken wing one above!

We are also staying at the POFQ in August. Can't wait to see more food photos, great report so far.
Everyone is going there, and rightly so - its lovely! I wish we had got time to eat there! The problem is I eat so little . . .:rotfl2:

Loving the reviews so far!
Thank you!

:thumbsup2
:goodvibes

Great reviews and pictures. I have stayed at POR x3 times now and have never seen the magic cookies!!!! Will definately look for them in March. They look soooo yummy:woohoo: :woohoo:
Well I don't know if you have noticed, but I certainly thought they were OK!! Lucky you staying there again, the Riverside part was really pretty.

We went 4 times in 2 weeks! Isn't that grossly piggish?!!!! :rotfl2:

Grossly piggish...

or

totally normal???:rotfl2:

Seriously, with the amount of travel you need to do to get to the World, you want to live it up a little! You can always eat the same old boring food at home, right ? :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter