• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony. 14 nights food reviews from two little piggies!LAST DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am definitely looking forward to this one . . . ! Seeing as you have one of my favorite characters as your avatar, you will be Eeyore AND poohs honey pot to me !

Loving the review so far, and looking forward to more !

Put me on the list..............impatiently:hyper: waiting for another installment! Great job so far!

Ohh look at all you readers! This is so exciting!! Welcome all (if I knew how to multi-quote I would welcome you all personally)!!!!!! :welcome:

So onwards to Sunday 11th May, and breakfast at Park Fare 1900, Grand Floridian.

Our ADR was for 8.05am, and we were seated straight away. Only a few other tables were filled at that point, and the restaurant was probably still a quarter empty by the time we left. Definitely a nice gentle character breakfast to get us started, as opposed to the manic Crystal Palace later in the trip! The first character came out about 5 mins after we arrived, and they sent new ones out in 10 minute intervals after that. We saw Pooh, Tigger, Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter. Loads of character interaction as the place was quite quiet, we saw each character twice, so I would definitely recommend it if you like any of those characters.

A pot of coffee was waiting for us on the table, but being a good British girl I naturally had to ask for tea!!! Look at the amount of teabags the sent me!!
CIMG2014.jpg

I was well excited!! But then they took the box away after I took one and left me distraught!!! Now I should point out we are not coffee experts so this review is no good for the people who like the good, strong stuff –we have a jar of Nescafe in the kitchen at home and that’s it! But this tasted pretty good to TG! I had a cranberry juice and TG had an orange juice to go with it.

Onto the good stuff! I very slackly forgot to take photo’s of our first plates. Easy to describe though – I had a bowl of pineapple and TG had a bowl of melon. Both nice and fresh. I am not a fan of tinned fruit.

Hot stuff. I started with bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, ham and a sticky bun. The bacon was OK, I am not fan of really crispy bacon to be honest. The sausage and ham were good. I had a little scrambled egg just to say I had tried it, and it was fine. I actually prefer fried eggs but can never be bothered to wait for them to be cooked for me so rarely have them. The sticky bun was great! Really sticky (believe it or not!) and a hint of cinnamon. Lovely.
CIMG2018.jpg

TG had bacon, sausage, French toast, and pizza. The pizza had pork, egg, and cheese on it and was wolfed down. He says the other items were all OK.
CIMG2019.jpg

Next plate – this is me showing restraint. Mickey waffle, ONE pancake (that’s the restraint part :rotfl: ) and lots of maple syrup. Both hot and good. TG had the same and it vanished off the plate pretty quick.
CIMG2021.jpg

So there we were, stuffed and ready to roll out of there. But wait!!! Suddenly I remembered the strawberry soup I had heard so much about on the Dis boards. Now having already been up to the buffet three times I was a bit embarrassed, so I did what any sensible woman would do. Sent her husband up to search for some! I told him to just get me a little, and darn it, he took me at my word. He came back with a tiny scraping in the bottom of the bowl. But it was enough for a taste, and that taste was superb! Basically like a strawberry smoothie in a bowl. Lovely. Highly recommend it.
CIMG2026-1.jpg

TG then had a bowl of icecream to finish off. The Mad Hatter sure told him off for that at breakfast!!!
CIMG2025-1.jpg

So all in all a really nice breakfast in a lovely environment. 8/10 as a whole. I would definitely go back, but may try the dinner buffet next time!

Up next, Earl of Sandwich lunch and Tony Roma’s dinner.

Sorry- I have no idea what I am doing with the photos, they are all coming out different sizes! Oh dear!

I am in, so far looks great. I am also looking forward to your offsite restaurants as we are doing a bit of both as well.

Kirsten

Hehe! You had me at the evil glint in your eye while holding up the Magic Bar!

I can't believe a pencil girl like you can put down a truck driver's portion of breakfast! :rotfl2: I, however, am among the fluffier variety, and most people wouldn't think twice that I could. ;)

Here's a quick lesson about Photobucket and multi-quoting posts.
First, let's start with multi-quotes...

At the bottom right of other people's posts, you'll see three buttons:
Quote, Multi-Quote and Quick Reply. Choose the second button (the paper with the quote marks) to highlight any post you wish to quote.

Continue choosing the quote marks of every person's post you want to quote until you've paged through all the posts you want to quote. Then hit the Reply button, located on the bottom of whatever page you're currently on. You'll auto-magically see all the quoted texts of the people you want to respond to, surrounded by the tags of [quote ] and [ /quote]

Just post your replies after each time you see the [/quote] tag, between each person's quoted text. When you've finished responding to everyone on that reply, just hit your post button, and you're done!

Now for Photobucket...

Before I post all my pictures here, I painstakingly resize them on Photobucket to "Message Board" size. After I've uploaded in bulk, I start by clicking on my first photo. It opens the photo to another page where the top border lists options.

The third option from the left is "resize". Use the down arrow to find the preset selection for "message board". Once it tells me it's updated the sizing, I look to the thumbnail photos to the right where you can view "back and next" photos. I just keep hitting "next", resize it and continue until I'm done. If I have a lot of photos to resize, I'll just resize them in batches so I don't go numb with boredom. ;)

When you've finished resizing, you can click back to view the album, and then copy and paste the images when you need them. They should all be sized properly.

"I can't believe a pencil girl like you can put down a truck driver's portion of breakfast! :rotfl2: I, however, am among the fluffier variety, and most people wouldn't think twice that I could. ;)"

I can out-eat most men I know. I don't know whether I am proud or embarrassed!!!! :rotfl:

Thanks for all the advise on photobucket - hopefully we will see improvements tomorrow!!!!

Personally I fail to see any problem with gluttony at WDW:lmao:

We are staying at POFQ in August and have many of the same TS in mind. Looking forward to reading (and seeing) more!

It is such a nice resort, you willl love it! We were really happy there!

I am definitely looking forward to this one . . . ! Seeing as you have one of my favorite characters as your avatar, you will be Eeyore AND poohs honey pot to me !

Loving the review so far, and looking forward to more !

Eeyore is the best. We met him 4 times this trip. I stalk that poor donkey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter