Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony. 14 nights food reviews from two little piggies!LAST DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooh's-Honey-Pot

DVC owner since 2020 - VGF, BLT and SSR
Hi there!! :)

Well we are back from 14 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter. Am thoroughly depressed that its over, but had the best vacation EVER, in no small part thanks to all the tips on these boards!! So as way of thanks I thought I would crack on with ALL my food reviews and hopefully can help some other people with their food choices!

As you can tell from the title we are pigs!!! We eat pretty healthily at home, so on vacation and at Christmas we go all out, no guilt and no worrying about the scales. The only worry is whether we have the room to eat everything we want to. We managed that pretty well as you will see! DH has weighed himself since we got home yesterday and has put on 14 pounds!!! I haven’t the courage to weigh myself until I am re-acquainted with the treadmill!!!! Am currently cooking up a veg soup for lunch, to remind my body what fresh food resembles.!

The cast . . . me, 30 years old, been mad about Disney since my first visit almost 20 years ago. Love Eeyore and Belle, but this vacation also found myself with a strange fondness for both Tinkerbell and Donald Duck! Adore food, especially ribs, wings and chocolate, more a quantity than quality kind of girl!!!

DH (known as TG), 29 years old, never considered Disney until I dragged him there for our first magical vacation together in 2003, now loves it as much as me. Also loves Eeyore, and also will pick food quantity over quality anytime (the two piggies are well suited)! Loves chicken and burgers. We got married at the Disney Wedding Pavillion in 2006 so has committed himself to a life full of Disney forever. Poor fool!

My mum calls us the “garlic twins” because we eat it so much. We love it, but apparently we don’t always smell so good!!!!!! We don’t like seafood so no reviews of that coming up!

We don’t do the DDP as we like to eat off site a few times. I have listed below all the places we ate at (quite a lot!). I know most people do DDP so I will just give brief reviews of the off-site places in case anyone is interested!

Table Service
1900 Park Fare Breakfast
Chefs De France lunch
Boma dinner
Plaza lunch
Crystal Palace – breakfast & dinner
Chef Mickeys dinner
Whisering Canyon Café dinner
House of Blues dinner
Trails End dinner
Beaches n Cream lunch x2
50’s Prime Time dinner
Kona Café breakfast x2
Raglan Road dinner
Grand Floridian Café lunch
Cinderella’s Royal Table breakfast

Counter Service
Earl of Sandwich lunch x3
POFQ food court breakfast x5
Pop Century food court lunch
Flame Tree BBQ lunch
Columbia Harbour House lunch

Snacks
Goofy’s Make your own snacks x4
POR food court x2
Kringla Bakeri og Cafe
Cookes of Dublin
Boulangerie Patisserie x2
MK popcorn x2
Dinobite snacks
Ghirardellis x4
Main St Bakery
Aloha Isle
Fountain View Cafe
Mini Donut stand

Off-Site
Dominos dinner
Tony Romas dinner x2
The Cheesecke Factory dinner
Krispy Kreme snack
Golden Corrall breakfast x2
KFC lunch
Discovery Cove breakfast & lunch
Pizza Hut dinner
Bahama Breeze dinner

I think that’s all, I may remember more once I see the piccies. I will try add reviews daily (I plan on writing them at work, sshhh!!) so I can get them done fairly quick before I forget anything. Hope some of you join me for the reviews! :goodvibes

I will be looking forward to your reviews as we have some of the restaurants planned for our Aug trip.

Looking forward to you reviews too, we're not doing the DDP as we want to eat offsite a bit as well so looking forward to those reviews as well :thumbsup2

Ah thanks for all your replies! This is my first report ever so I hope it reads OK! :goodvibes

Ok, lets get started!

Saturday 10th May.

Originally we had Kona Café booked for dinner tonight, but a few weeks ago I realised we may not fancy going out after a 9 hour flight, so we decided to wing it (how un-Dis of me!!). :scared1:

We checked in the hotel about 5.30pm and decided to go for a walk to Riverside to wake us up (it was already 10.30pm on our body’s times). We happened upon the Riverside Mill food court there . . . and my eyes were caught by a sparkly thing of beauty in the bakery. It was a Magic Cookie Bar. At first I resisted and we walked ¼ way back to FQ, but I kept thinking of it so back we went!! Oops! This is typical of me, I attempt willpower but generally give in, usually after we have left the area. This does not make TG happy. :rotfl2:

This little treat was too die for!!!!!!!! I would say one of the best snacks I have ever had. It was a sweet biscuit base (a bit like Digestives if you have them in the US, if not you can try a pack in Epcot!) covered in loads of choc chips and oats. I definitely give it 10/10. TG can’t comment as I didn’t share!!!!!!!!!

CIMG2003-1.jpg

See that look of love in my eye! That’s how good this was! Most of the early food piccies I took have TG or me in them – it took me a while to get used to just taking food by itself! We vanish in a couple of days!!!!!

Now TG and I have three fave treats here in the UK which we were determined to have – for once guilt free - in Orlando. Krispy Kreme donuts, KFC and Dominos. So we decided to have a Dominos tonight and just slouch about in our room. Was a bit of a nightmare to order as they would only accept calls from the hotel reception phone (luckily we found a very helpful concierge who understood the need for a Dominos!). Once ordered it took about 25 mins to arrive. We ordered a large pizza with the “Americas favourite” topping (pepperoni, savory Italian sausage, fresh mushrooms and cheese) and a side of wings for me. Now I have to say the pizza was a disappointment – very dry – I only had 2 slices. It was large, and loads of topping, but drier than we are used to. The wings were good though, and lots of them. Very hot and yummy. I love wings to be so covered in hot sauce that when I take my contact lenses out hours later my eyes sting like crazy from the chilli still being on my fingers. Well these were that good! TG only got one of them, but then he did eat the rest of the pizza so he didn’t starve!!!!! 6/10.

CIMG2006-1.jpg

So all in all not a bad first night! Up next, 1900 Park Fare Breakfast.

Personally I fail to see any problem with gluttony at WDW:lmao:

We are staying at POFQ in August and have many of the same TS in mind. Looking forward to reading (and seeing) more!

Great start, and I also discovered the Magic Cookies at POR last year. Once I'd had one I craved them for the rest of the holiday, they're are gorgeous.

show me more!!! and now!! i'm starving, lol :rotfl: love your report so far. DH and i are in the same boat, healthy UNTIL we get to Disney, then all scales break lose, :lmao:

Great start, and I also discovered the Magic Cookies at POR last year. Once I'd had one I craved them for the rest of the holiday, they're are gorgeous.

They are so divine!! :love: Not sure where we are staying next year yet, but whereever it is there will be a trip to POR!!! I actually liked it better than the famed beignets!

show me more!!! and now!! i'm starving, lol :rotfl: love your report so far. DH and i are in the same boat, healthy UNTIL we get to Disney, then all scales break lose, :lmao:

It takes a day or two for our tummys to stretch to accommodate it all, but after that we are good to go!!!!

They are so divine!! :love: Not sure where we are staying next year yet, but whereever it is there will be trip to POR!!! I actually liked it better thn the famed beignets!

This is good to know. Being from New Orleans,the beignets don't excite me, now I'm intrigued by this cookie!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter