Friends and Family Discount

Oh no, what a bummer. Years ago when I was a cast member, we were able to buy multi-day passes. Before I quit, I bought some to use in the future, but of course, they are gone now.

I would rather ask him to buy us some tickets than ask him to use his discount for a room. That way also, in the event they quit, we would already have our tickets. I know he is looking for a better paying job.

It might still be available. He'd have to check with Company D. There are so many different types of ticket media it'd be worth a call.

How far in advance would the 50% off room discount become available for the first two weeks of December, if it were to happen this year? Also, and I know this depends on occupancy, but what are the chances that suites in the resorts on the monorail, particular the Contemporary, are discounted in such a way? Any historical insight? We would have two resort choices: OKW 2 BR is the fall back option, but a suite at the Contemporary is what we really are eyeing, depending on availability and discount level. Thanks everyone for any information!

How far in advance would the 50% off room discount become available for the first two weeks of December, if it were to happen this year? Also, and I know this depends on occupancy, but what are the chances that suites in the resorts on the monorail, particular the Contemporary, are discounted in such a way? Any historical insight? We would have two resort choices: OKW 2 BR is the fall back option, but a suite at the Contemporary is what we really are eyeing, depending on availability and discount level. Thanks everyone for any information!

Probably October. I think CR probably books up quickly through DVC for the holidays, but there is always a chance.

This may be a dumb question, but can a CM from Disneyland get the F&F discount for Disney World? Thanks!

No I don't believe so but I'm not particularly knowledgeable about their CM privileges. I believe they can only get the discount for themselves and F&F discounts are limited to WDW employees.

Did any discount come out for August RO or DDP yet? I know they had the one that went till Aug 17th but anything today with the new fall dates for the rest of August. Thank you! :)

My CM friend just called and there is nothing for Sept yet. She was told to call back Sept 1. Ugh! So I keep waiting.

sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've always booked packages in the past. We have F&F room only booked for Feb. If you can't make it a package, where do you get park tickets from? An outside source or can you still buy them with your room only reservation? Confusing to me but I went for it when our friend offered her F&F discount!

A very good friend of mine just had her 18 year old DD get her contract for Disney cruise lines...dancing in the shows as a character. So excited for her!

She won't know any of the details about this type of stuff until she's worked 30 days.

How far reaching is the F&F discount? And would a Disney cruise employee be able to use it for Disney World?

sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've always booked packages in the past. We have F&F room only booked for Feb. If you can't make it a package, where do you get park tickets from? An outside source or can you still buy them with your room only reservation? Confusing to me but I went for it when our friend offered her F&F discount!

Hi, Jenny! Sometimes, the person that gets you the F&F discount can get tickets as well, but I just got mine from Undercover Tourist. I found that they had the best prices; although, I didn't save all that much compared to buying them through Disney. Just do a little research and choose the best option for you. :)

Happy Planning!!! :goodvibes

Hi, Jenny! Sometimes, the person that gets you the F&F discount can get tickets as well, but I just got mine from Undercover Tourist. I found that they had the best prices; although, I didn't save all that much compared to buying them through Disney. Just do a little research and choose the best option for you. :)

Happy Planning!!! :goodvibes

so if you purchase tickets from Undercover Tourist, can they still be linked to your KTTW card at check in?

so if you purchase tickets from Undercover Tourist, can they still be linked to your KTTW card at check in?

That is correct. The second you get them, you can log on to My Disney Experience online and add them that way or you can use your smartphone. Also, if that makes you uncomfortable, you can just wait until you check-in and ask the concierge at the resort to put the tickets on your KTTW card.

Just a word of advice, if you do decide to link your tickets prior to your arrival, bring them with you anyway. You never know what glitch may occur (especially the way the Disney IT has been of late).

Thanks Figment :)

A very good friend of mine just had her 18 year old DD get her contract for Disney cruise lines...dancing in the shows as a character. So excited for her!

She won't know any of the details about this type of stuff until she's worked 30 days.

How far reaching is the F&F discount? And would a Disney cruise employee be able to use it for Disney World?

I believe F&F is limited to WDW employees but cant say for sure. I don't know if they have their own version of F&F that could be used on the DCL.

We have a good friend that works with DCL and she has been able to get us the same discount for WDW. On our reservation it appears as "Other Discount- 40 percent off". She used to be a CM at WDW and she goes through the same process now as she did then. The only difference is that she has to fax her ID to the resort in the 10 day window instead of taking it personally. Hope that helps!

We have a good friend that works with DCL and she has been able to get us the same discount for WDW. On our reservation it appears as "Other Discount- 40 percent off". She used to be a CM at WDW and she goes through the same process now as she did then. The only difference is that she has to fax her ID to the resort in the 10 day window instead of taking it personally. Hope that helps!

Thanks SO much for the info! Another friend who has in laws who work for Disney said she would have to be there with us and it wasn't as great as it used to be. But 40% off sure sounds ok to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter