Friends and Family Discount

I just booked a room for a friend, who I haven't seen since moving last year, at WL. Since she is staying at the same resort as me, I was able to get her the 60% off her room and the $34 a day dinning plan. She is so excited about surprising her daughter. They originally were at the All Star resort, so my discount saved her $400 and she was able to upgrade her resort. Love being able to help my friend. :cool1:

That's awesome! So even though you aren't staying in the room, your friend is able to get the 60% off? I'm not basing my budget on this, but it sure would be nice if that could happen for us.

As I said before, I'm ecstatic about the 40% off and would be overjoyed with 50% off; if we were able to get 60% off, that would be icing on the twinkie (yes, I said twinkie....cakes come with icing! lol). I'm just so happy to have this vacation and be able to spend time with my family and CM friends.

That's awesome! So even though you aren't staying in the room, your friend is able to get the 60% off? I'm not basing my budget on this, but it sure would be nice if that could happen for us.

As I said before, I'm ecstatic about the 40% off and would be overjoyed with 50% off; if we were able to get 60% off, that would be icing on the twinkie (yes, I said twinkie....cakes come with icing! lol). I'm just so happy to have this vacation and be able to spend time with my family and CM friends.

It's like any other discount. A CM can book up to 3 rooms with their discount if they're going at the same time and at the same resort. It's the same as an AP holder or someone with a pin code.

If the CM isn't going you can't get 60% and such a deep dining discount. They WILL bump you to rack rate if this is booked incorrectly and the CM helping you with the discount will be reprimanded. They're super strict about it.

Kerry - have fun!

It's like any other discount. A CM can book up to 3 rooms with their discount if they're going at the same time and at the same resort. It's the same as an AP holder or someone with a pin code.

If the CM isn't going you can't get 60% and such a deep dining discount. They WILL bump you to rack rate if this is booked incorrectly and the CM helping you with the discount will be reprimanded. They're super strict about it.

Kerry - have fun!

That is right, as long as the CM is going at the same time and staying at the same resort, you get the same discount. I did this for our family trip in December. Booked my room and was able to book 2 at the 50%, and got 1 at 40% because only 2 were available at the 50%. I will keep checking for the bigger discounts, but they usually don't have them for the first week in December. This is our time to get my children and grandchildren together once a year. It is my birthday gift to myself to get everyone in one place since they live in different states, TN,CA and Alaska.

Thanks, I am sure we will have a good time.

Now that the new dates are out, I wanted to verify:

I currently have a 40% off CM discounted room booked for October. But I am allowed now to call myself and get it changed to 50% off, correct? And the discounted dining is just the quick service? But I can still add the normal dining plan at the normal rates, correct?

Thanks!!! :)

Now that the new dates are out, I wanted to verify:

I currently have a 40% off CM discounted room booked for October. But I am allowed now to call myself and get it changed to 50% off, correct? And the discounted dining is just the quick service? But I can still add the normal dining plan at the normal rates, correct?

Thanks!!! :)

You can't get 50% and the DDP. The ONLY dining plan offered in line with the 50% discount is QSDP.

You can stay at 40% and get a full price DDP.

With the CM discounts and DDPs it's kind of a packaged deal.

thanks for clarifying!!! I'm glad I asked!!! :)

ETA--- another question- can I get the 50% and NO dining plan?

We originally booked a CL room in October with the F&F discount at 40%. When I called this weekend to apply the extra 10%, they couldn't apply it to the CL room but could give me the 50% off if I moved to a non-CL room within the same resort. So for the $149/nt savings, that's exactly what we did :). The CM mentioned the discounted QS dining plan but I passed but am wondering now if I should.

The October trip will be just DH & I and we planned to upgrade to annual passes next week when we are there to cover our tickets for October and we also planned to get the TIW card. We will be there for 4 nights and currently have 3 TS reservations booked (all dinners) planning to wing dinner for the extra night somewhere. Breakfast will probably be something light and lunches will most likely be QS - planning to use TIW for the dinners and lunches. Wondering now though which will be the better savings: Getting and using the TIW card and no QS plan, as currently planned? or Getting the TIW card to cover dinners/drinks & getting QS plan to cover our lunches and breakfasts? I've never used the QS plan before so not sure if it's worth it. Any suggestions?

So are the open dates only up to oct. 26 for next year..thats all im seeing on here

So are the open dates only up to oct. 26 for next year..thats all im seeing on here

No. The previous posters are discussing the extra discount that is often given closer to travel dates.

The regular discount for CMs is available through 2014. The CM will need to call to book.

Hi, I have a reservation with the 40% of FF. If I want to apply the 50% can I call by myself or the CM need to do the call? Thanks!

You can call. The CM just has to make the initial reservation. Just call, verify the res info, and advise them that you had heard there was a 50% FF discount for your dates and you'd like to get it applied.

Historically has there ever been an additional % off around thanksgiving? I am booked 11/26-12/2 with the F&F 40% off- Im very happy with it but wasnt sure if I should call to see if there is anything additional?
TIA!!

raven0855 said:
Historically has there ever been an additional % off around thanksgiving? I am booked 11/26-12/2 with the F&F 40% off- Im very happy with it but wasnt sure if I should call to see if there is anything additional?
TIA!!

I dont think the week of Thanksgiving was included last year. I dont know when Tday is this year so you might luck out.

If some of your dates fall on 50% but the rest dont youll want to stay at 40%. Dates not covered will bump to rack rate.

November dates will be out around mid October Id guess.

I dont think the week of Thanksgiving was included last year. I dont know when Tday is this year so you might luck out.

If some of your dates fall on 50% but the rest dont youll want to stay at 40%. Dates not covered will bump to rack rate.

November dates will be out around mid October Id guess.

Thank you so much!

Can a CM help me book a trip for December 2014 or is it too soon? I just found out that a friend of ours father works security there and he offered his discount. He said he never used it so just tell him what I need him to do. But I wasn't sure if there is a time constraint.

Can a CM help me book a trip for December 2014 or is it too soon? I just found out that a friend of ours father works security there and he offered his discount. He said he never used it so just tell him what I need him to do. But I wasn't sure if there is a time constraint.

He should be able to book you a room using his F&F discount. He needs to call the cast booking line with all of YOUR information for the reservation.

Being so far out there might be pretty limited availability depending on what you want. Anything DVC oriented will probably not be available yet, but if you're going for a value or mod I'm sure they'll be something. Rates are out for the year of 2014 and a full priced dining plan can be added at this time.

What time frame from our "planned" vacation would you suggest us checking on resorts available to give us a broader selection. (Mods and deluxe). I just assumed the farthest out would be better, and btw aaarcher86.....youve been more than helpful, thank you!

Ps...oct. of next year

What time frame from our "planned" vacation would you suggest us checking on resorts available to give us a broader selection. (Mods and deluxe). I just assumed the farthest out would be better, and btw aaarcher86.....youve been more than helpful, thank you!

Ps...oct. of next year

DVC resorts typically don't open up inventory to cash reservations until about 6 months out to give owners first choice. Mods aren't DVC so you should be fine to book one of those. If you're going mod I'd book now and once booked you yourself could check back periodically to move around and see if anything new opened up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter