Friends and Family Discount

You'll have to cancel the current reservation you have an get a refund. Additionally, you will have to pay one night's deposit for the new reservation. I had mine completely paid off, too, when my friend said "why aren't you using my discount?". The answer: cause I felt like I was using him (even though I keep him plied with Tastycakes. lol). He said "I have no one else to do this for; you are family". :) He's so sweet. And we changed from POR to OKW!!!

Best of luck. And have a great trip!

Did you have a package (as in you had to pay in full 45 days in advance)? My understanding (I can be wrong) is that if it is a room only reservation, with the balance due at check-in, that you can apply the CM discount, as long as the room and resort is available with that particular discount (i.e., that you don't have to cancel and rebook).

The 50% off is normally the slow times....i think part of sept, most of oct, some weeks in nov and the first two in dec were included last year. Just an example though is it might not be till right before your trip. I had a f & f room booked for months for our nov 6th trip. The 50% and dining plan didn't become available till about Nov 1st. I guess the point is it won't be available very far in advance but keep trying if your cast member doesn't mind calling and asking every so often. Cast can't book these rooms for anyone until about a month after 2014 is available for general public booking...hopefully sometime in aug for 2014.

Thanks for the info...our trip is in mid-Nov. so I'll cross my fingers that the extra discount shows up!

The discount is normally about 40% off. During very slow times it can be as much as 50%. It's a room-only reservation and sometimes the Dining Plan is offered at a small discount. Your Aunt can only book Friends and Family reservations up to 4 times per year.

If we needed two rooms in one res would that count as one or two reservations? We have a CM friend but I would feel bad if they had to use two of their reservations on us

If we needed two rooms in one res would that count as one or two reservations? We have a CM friend but I would feel bad if they had to use two of their reservations on us

Depends. If you need two rooms and have 3 or more adults you'll be on 2 separate reservations and then linked together with a Travel With number. With two adults and kids both the rooms are on the same reservation. The CM discounts are by room and not reservation so either way it will use two of their rooms.

Did you have a package (as in you had to pay in full 45 days in advance)? My understanding (I can be wrong) is that if it is a room only reservation, with the balance due at check-in, that you can apply the CM discount, as long as the room and resort is available with that particular discount (i.e., that you don't have to cancel and rebook).

It's booked as a room only reservation with the same policies and they can modify the same. Your understanding is correct :)

It's booked as a room only reservation with the same policies and they can modify the same. Your understanding is correct :)

aaarcher86 - you are so knowledgeable about this. I'm now concerned that the CM room-only discounts cannot be booked as a MYW package and that the future FP+ will require having tickets tied into MDE in order to get FastPasses. I assume that there's no way to turn a CM-discount into a MYW package with tickets?

aaarcher86 - you are so knowledgeable about this. I'm now concerned that the CM room-only discounts cannot be booked as a MYW package and that the future FP+ will require having tickets tied into MDE in order to get FastPasses. I assume that there's no way to turn a CM-discount into a MYW package with tickets?

Correct. No MYW package with a CM discount.

It's really hard to predict how FP+ will be affected until it rolls out. I haven't really been keeping up with it since a lot of it is speculation but I don't believe it's strictly for packages with tickets. I wouldn't worry too much about it now. I don't think room only reservations will be excluded from FP+.

Correct. No MYW package with a CM discount.

It's really hard to predict how FP+ will be affected until it rolls out. I haven't really been keeping up with it since a lot of it is speculation but I don't believe it's strictly for packages with tickets. I wouldn't worry too much about it now. I don't think room only reservations will be excluded from FP+.

Thank you! You are right; I've now taken a deep breath and decided not to worry about the speculation until they announce exactly what it is.

I was just going to post a similar question. We have been offered a CM discount through a cousin we don't really speak to that often. I hate asking for favors from people, even though she did offer initially.
We are going the end of August 2014.
I am going to assume that the chance of a better deal than 40% off room would be very slim, although it may come close if FD is offered for us.
So my question is I guess, is it worth putting someone through the hassle to save a few hundred bucks? If we don't go through her, we would probably get 30% off due to historical discounts.
I also like the idea that I have a slim chance of getting the 50% off plus 15% dining.
What happens in the rare instance that she leaves Disney before our trip?

I was just going to post a similar question. We have been offered a CM discount through a cousin we don't really speak to that often. I hate asking for favors from people, even though she did offer initially.
We are going the end of August 2014.
I am going to assume that the chance of a better deal than 40% off room would be very slim, although it may come close if FD is offered for us.
So my question is I guess, is it worth putting someone through the hassle to save a few hundred bucks? If we don't go through her, we would probably get 30% off due to historical discounts.
I also like the idea that I have a slim chance of getting the 50% off plus 15% dining.
What happens in the rare instance that she leaves Disney before our trip?

If it is or isn't worth the hassle is up to you. You will have to trust that she will send a copy of her ID card to the resort just before you arrive. If she leaves Disney before you check in your discount will be removed at that time and you will pay rack rate.

You've got plenty of time. I think there's a fair chance the DP and higher room discount would be offered. If not, you can always pay full price for the DP. It's just up to you what's more important.

I might as well just have her book it...who knows if we will ever have that opportunity again. So your advice, aaarcher, is that I contact her sometime in August to book my trip for next year? (I read on a previous post that 2014 packages for CM will be offered a month after prices are released.)

I might as well just have her book it...who knows if we will ever have that opportunity again. So your advice, aaarcher, is that I contact her sometime in August to book my trip for next year? (I read on a previous post that 2014 packages for CM will be offered a month after prices are released.)

I'm not sure when the CM 2014 prices will come out. You could always book a room without one now and have her add the discount later. You could see what happens discount wise in August to get an idea of what might happen next year.

Does anyone know if there are Fall dining plan discounts out yet?

I booked a trip for the end of Sept. the other day and was told to check back after Aug. 17th. I am a retired CM and do not have HUb access, so I have to call to check on the dicounts.

Can someone please help? We will be down from 8/16 till 8/23. I had 40% booked but changed resorts now they have me at 50% for one night and rack rate for the rest. So not wanting to bother our friend who is the CM who just lost a family member, I called cast member line and told them what happened since our CM made the res her info is in the res. They told me the discount should apply for the whole time because we check-in during discount but I asked about that rule being changed long ago. They said no. They told me the 50% will be applied at check-in for the whole time. Please someone help with info. Can u tell me the discount for that time and what DDP would be? Like I said, she just lost a parent I did not want to call her for sometime like this, I just saw her for the funeral and would rather canx then bother her.:sad2:

Can someone please help? We will be down from 8/16 till 8/23. I had 40% booked but changed resorts now they have me at 50% for one night and rack rate for the rest. So not wanting to bother our friend who is the CM who just lost a family member, I called cast member line and told them what happened since our CM made the res her info is in the res. They told me the discount should apply for the whole time because we check-in during discount but I asked about that rule being changed long ago. They said no. They told me the 50% will be applied at check-in for the whole time. Please someone help with info. Can u tell me the discount for that time and what DDP would be? Like I said, she just lost a parent I did not want to call her for sometime like this, I just saw her for the funeral and would rather canx then bother her.:sad2:

if you tell me what hotel you are at I can see if the discount is for the whole time, can't see why it wouldn't be we have reservations for aug29=sept3 and that is covered under the discount, sorry to hear about your friends loss, you do realize that she will have to go show her id, sometime in the 10 days before your reservation, as far as the DDp I don't know as the one on the hub expires aug17th

As of this morning it still showed what just expired this week.

Thanks for checking!

I booked a trip for the end of Sept. the other day and was told to check back after Aug. 17th. I am a retired CM and do not have HUb access, so I have to call to check on the dicounts.

Ok, I'll mark my calendar to check back after then! Thanks!
My friend made my reservations so I don't want to bug him to check for the DDP discount until I know they are available.

That's incorrect. Just like regular public room discounts it only applies to the dates included. You can go back to 40% for the full stay and a full priced DP until they release something for your full stay.

The price you have is the price. They don't adjust anything at the front desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter