Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!

I figured out that it would be about a $115 difference between staying at Pop and upgrading to reg dining vs staying at POR in a royal room for our post cruise 3 night stay with "free dining". Should I go for this?? I love Pop but I'm honestly tired of staying there. I really can't justify staying at POR otherwise. I refuse to pay the price for it even with a room only discount. Though I really want to experience the Tiana room once in my life.

OMG! I'm going to need my meds adjusted soon, I'm going insane with this waiting! :crazy2:

And last night my husband tells me that he does not want to change resorts, no matter what (we're already booked at WL). Really!?!?!?!

So I've got to get either FD or a RO discount applied to our current ressie if I want to save some money. Personally, I'd be willing and happy to switch to Poly if we can save any money over full price WL. I may have to do that and ask forgiveness rather than permission. :rolleyes1 I just feel like if we can't get any sort of FD or RO at WL that I'd be leaving money on the table to not at least try to move to the Poly at some sort of discount to where our total was less than full price of WL. Does this even make sense? :confused3

Crazy, I tell you, crazy!!!:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:
Y'all should put the number for the nut house on speed dial just in case I go over the edge.

Thursday can not get here soon enough. I'll be VERY glad when the fall promo drops on Thursday and I can get off this crazy FD rollercoaster.........BTW, I've already pulled a fastpass for the "Going batty just counting down the days" train and the "Hoping to snag an ADR for BOG" express.

I figured out that it would be about a $115 difference between staying at Pop and upgrading to reg dining vs staying at POR in a royal room for our post cruise 3 night stay with "free dining". Should I go for this?? I love Pop but I'm honestly tired of staying there. I really can't justify staying at POR otherwise. I refuse to pay the price for it even with a room only discount. Though I really want to experience the Tiana room once in my life.

For the price difference, I would...well, I did actually.

I've stayed at Pop and Riverside five times each, time for a change...so I'm at CSR in Sept. I saw the difference in price as a no brainer to get a rockin pool, a waterslide, jacuzzi and a nice room.

Let's sing the theme song....

That ain't workin, that's the way ya do it
ya get free dining down at Disney
That ain't workin, that's the way ya do it
get your entree for nothin, get dessert for free

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

LOL! Sang this out loud to DH, really funny ;) this is going to be stuck in my head now!

I just called Disney to inquire if I had a pin or not.

The cast member was really nice and asked when my trip was and asked if we had been to WDW before. She was pretty excited about it being our first trip and said she didn't have any current pins for our trip dates.

She did say that there was a new promotion coming out after the 31st of Aug and said to check back on Thursday for it.

Sounds pretty poaitive

Great news! Thanks for sharing!

I shared this on another thread too but thought I'd post here as well:

I've only posted a few times but I just got off the phone with the nicest CM. First I asked him to check for pins but no luck...I asked "out of curiosity should I call back on Thursday after the current offer has expired?" He said they aren't allowed to say much but yes, I should definitely call back and even tho the wait may be long to stay on the line b/c it'll be worth the wait! He got his point across without coming out and saying yes, there is a new offer for FD coming Thursday, lol.

Woo hoo! Thanks for giving us all more hope! lol

$115 for your whole stay? I would absolutely go for it, if you have the cash to do it. If it is that special to you to experience that once-in-a-lifetime stay at POR when you'd never be able to otherwise, then $115 is TOTALLY worth it, in my opinion. I would do it if it were my vacation!

Now comes the part you won't like....

There are now some more exclusions.

All Star Movies
Art of Animation
Port Orleans French Quarter

Dancegrl624 said:
It's quite easy to do. Go online and price out your trip without a dining plan. Since you're staying at Pop, that will give you the price with the Quick Service plan for free.

If you want to upgrade to Plus Dining, you will need to do some calculations. The cost to upgrade, since you're 2 adults, is $36.02 per night.

It is my understanding that if you start your trip within the dates but part of the trip is continued on after the date your whole trip is good

In other words if we start the trip on October 1 for 6 nights we will have free food for the 6 days

For the price difference, I would...well, I did actually.

I've stayed at Pop and Riverside five times each, time for a change...so I'm at CSR in Sept. I saw the difference in price as a no brainer to get a rockin pool, a waterslide, jacuzzi and a nice room.
How's the bus system at POR?? Ive stayed at CBR twice once voluntarily the other I was forced to and it was AWFUL

sjhanksaz said:
It is my understanding that if you start your trip within the dates but part of the trip is continued on after the date your whole trip is good

In other words if we start the trip on October 1 for 6 nights we will have free food for the 6 days

As long as you check in during FD the rest of your stay is covered up to 14 days.

Glad we skipped AOA. Thought my little ones would LOVE it (5,4 & 2) but decided for poly instead because of monorail...
Here's hoping for RO :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter