• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!! Dates Confirmed!!! ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - here is my question...there are not ay rooms at Wilderness Lodge available for my dates - except with view and bunk beds...

I already have a reservation for a standard room (have had it since Feb). Is there a possibility I will be able to add free dining to my existing reservation at 4:00AM in California? If it is showing sold out on the website - which it did before this offer was posted - does that mean there is no chance in the AM?

Thanks for any help!

Well it was plan C for me as no POFQ�� and no availability at POR so Coranado it was. I'm sure it will be fine after all I am in Disney

OK - here is my question...there are not ay rooms at Wilderness Lodge available for my dates - except with view and bunk beds...

I already have a reservation for a standard room (have had it since Feb). Is there a possibility I will be able to add free dining to my existing reservation at 4:00AM in California? If it is showing sold out on the website - which it did before this offer was posted - does that mean there is no chance in the AM?

Thanks for any help!

Having the reservation doesn't increase your chance at all. There are inventory limits to every offer. You will have to upgrade your room type if there are no standards available for FD during your dates.

But remember, any TA would have to wait for the phone lines to open in the morning. Anyone who has an existing ressie, whether self booked or TA booked is in the same boat right now - unable to make changes until phones are live.

Decided to change my resort and book tonight, I will cancel my other reservation tomorrow. My nerves couldn't take the unknown! :banana:

So I just logged in after days away only to read about FD. So here's my tale of woe to anyone you cares to listen. Its after midnight and too late to call wdw so I must think aloud to my dis friends. I booked our October 26 trip back in January treating whole family to 2 bdroom BLT LV.
Paying for dining but wiith room discount (bounceback) was told by cm at time of booking that this was better than my AP discount. Called two weeks ago to ask if October dining is offered do I get it. I was told no and reassured that bounceback offer was better than Fd. (Its one or the other he said.) Just sharing that for anyone in same boat and hoping I got it straight. Sound right?
Already second guessing my resort choice as we are first time BLT. The poky is our passion but with 8 adults and baby the extra space seemed to make sense. Someone tell me I will be happy! Thanks for letting me sound off and also for so many great pieces of info

YOU WILL BE HAPPY! REALLY! I am right there with you! I must talk aloud to make myself feel better too!!! :rotfl:

I booked our Nov30-Dec7 trip in February for the 6 of us. Our big dream trip after our last stay at the Poly. We got an agency promo for 11% off our 2 POFQ rooms plus discounted park tix plus free water park tix. Dining is OOP. This is a $900 savings, but.....FD for 6 is worth $2200! Sadly our dates (and resort) are excluded from FD. Even the 20% RO discount would cause me to lose all the ticket discounts, which reduces our savings to only about $500.

So on the upside, I already have discounted rooms at a coveted resort, scored a great nonstop airfare deal (it's already gone up $100/ticket!), CP package with Gary Sinise as narrator, MVMCP, and my dream ADR's for my week including BOG. I'd have to give too much up in the details of my trip to move the dates just for FD, so I'm just going to look away from the "offer madness" and be excited for the awesome trip I do have planned! :woohoo: Good luck to all in grabbing those deals!!!!

I am so glad I checked here before heading to bed. Booked at CSR to complete our tour of the moderates ;)
Question though: I couldn't book online a party of 5 (infant in room) though I know they can if you call in. Can I call in later and add the infant or do I have to cancel the reservation and rebook? Thanks!!!

I am so glad I checked here before heading to bed. Booked at CSR to complete our tour of the moderates ;)
Question though: I couldn't book online a party of 5 (infant in room) though I know they can if you call in. Can I call in later and add the infant or do I have to cancel the reservation and rebook? Thanks!!!

No need to cancel. Just call when it's convenient. It's an easy modification.

Free dining, garden view club level at Beach Club booked at 1:25am EST for first part of split stay!! :banana:

20% off Contemporary club level booked at 1:30am EST for second part of split stay!! :banana:

And now I'm off to bed!!

It's been a fun few weeks reading all of the posts about this!

GOOD LUCK ALL!!! :wizard:

I did the exact same thing. Right now mine says party of 4 because I could not add our 2 year old.

Just booked the Free Dining, now have multiple ressies, will need to phone to cancel one. Now doing a split stay, POFQ for 3 nights with room discount then upgraded to WL for the other 5 nights with FD, overall extra $200. We wanted to stay at WL originally and we do the dining plan, but it was way too expensive, but now it has all worked out. Yeh, good luck everyone. :)

Booked mine too. We are at CSR which was my third choice. First was not included in the offer, second POR not available for my dates.

We just booked ASMusic Oct 19-27 with FD. That was a much better deal than taking the RO discount of 15% (only about $130 savings).

And the best part is I can sleep in now :banana:

Good Night, all!

Newbie: we have a surprise Disney vacation planned for December 17-25 at POR. I have had this booked since January for 3 families. We would love free dining but we are going standard room and on the website it shows no free dining availability for those dates. When I call in the morning will they have some available or will I need to plan on moving my reservations to another moderate resort.

If I must move resorts do you recommend the CBR or CSR. This is a first time trip for majority of our families. Kids ages are 14, 13, 11, 8, and 7.

Thank you everyone who can help by offering some advice for the trip of a lifetime.

Wahoo! :cool1: I'm so glad they have the special offer up tonight to book. I've been getting up early every morning to check the boards to see if the offer came out and now I'll be able to get a little bit of extra sleep in the morning. We were hoping to try POFQ this trip but since the rooms were excluded we went with CSR. I'm actually excited to see the rooms (the last time we stayed there they hadn't finished the remodels).

Thank you for all of the great information in this thread and good luck to everyone calling in the morning! :goodvibes

Only seeing royal rooms at POR Thanksgiving week under free dining. Is that the only thing available? Has anyone gotten a different room category since its been released? Guess I will go ahead and book CBR now and hope we can move. Don't think my boys would love the princess room.

It's so aggravating cause without the offer there are POR rooms available at every level. But nothing with FD. Here's hoping they open more rooms for us families of 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter