• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably in this thread, but I didn't see it and want to make sure nothing has changed:

The last December dates end of the 23rd. Is it still true that if I check in on the 23rd that I would get free dining for my whole trip?

I have to work through the 23rd but I would pay extra $ for airfare to fly down that night as free dining saves a ton of $ when you have 3 kids that are considered "adult" by Disney.

If you check in on the 23rd you can get FD for your entire trip (up to 14 days). We are checking in on the 21st and we just got FD for all of Christmas week.

Booked September 26-October 4 at Coronado Springs

Very excited, celebrating my husband's 30th birthday. We are doing the DiveQuest. This will be our first time back in two years and first back staying on site in three years. Excited to try the Magic Bands for the first time, and curious to see how we like the Fastpass Plus.

Going to Coral Reef our last night, its one of our Disney traditions-so I got that booked right away but need to do the rest of our dining reservations. Trying to get Ohana but nothing seems to be available before 9 p.m!

If my check out date is the 13th... And it seems first day of free dining is the 12th...i suppose i would only get FD for the 12?

If my check out date is the 13th... And it seems first day of free dining is the 12th...i suppose i would only get FD for the 12?

No, you would not qualify for the promotion, it's based on your check in date and FD has a 3 night minimum and 2 day ticket purchase.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Wow! Thank goodness you called again! I have 2 rooms at Pop. My sis, BIL, 2 nephews, niece and I will be heading down. I am fairly certain I'm more excited than the kids. Expensive with 6 people but cheapest way is 2 rooms at a value. Everything is done now except MNSSHH tickets and pirates and pals fireworks ressies. And of course I'll be up at midnight 60 days out making FP+ ressies too.
what is pirates and pals fireworks?

shiner6 said:
what is pirates and pals fireworks?

There is a fireworks cruise that leaves from Contemporary I believe. You get some snacks, meet Capn Hook & Mr Smee and get to watch the fireworks from the lake. When you come back there is a surprise character for you to meet....Peter Pan. It is rather pricey..I believe $59 for adult and $39 for child but YOLO so we're going. Oh...Kenny the Pirate has a good write up about it. Google his name and you can find the link. Sorry - on phone otherwise I'd copy it in for you.

Anyone know how long to expect the "pirates league" to take? Want to take my son for the first time! :)

Ok so maybe I'm a ditz but can anyone tell me if you can order actual prints with MM or is it just downloads now. I think you can but not remembering. My DH doesn't think it's a good deal at all if you don't get prints as you are already paying $150 for MM & then you have to pay to print the pictures as well, that is if you can't with MM like PP+.

I hope that made sense. :)

Ok so maybe I'm a ditz but can anyone tell me if you can order actual prints with MM or is it just downloads now. I think you can but not remembering. My DH doesn't think it's a good deal at all if you don't get prints as you are already paying $150 for MM & then you have to pay to print the pictures as well, that is if you can't with MM like PP+.

I hope that made sense. :)

Somebody can correct me, but from what I've read, you get all photos digitally with a release for printing. So, you can take them or send them along with the release to your favorite printing establishment. The difference with MM compared to PhotoPass +, which we've done in the past is they are all digital, no CD (but I hear you can still buy that if you wish, but I see no need when you can download and make your own CD) Also, apparently, all character meals that had a photo are added to your MDE account for download. I do not think you get a print at say, CRT, anymore. I believe it would be a download? Somebody correct me if I'm mistaken. Suffice it to say, I'm pretty certain you can print the pictures independently from Disney.

Somebody can correct me, but from what I've read, you get all photos digitally with a release for printing. So, you can take them or send them along with the release to your favorite printing establishment. The difference with MM compared to PhotoPass +, which we've done in the past is they are all digital, no CD (but I hear you can still buy that if you wish, but I see no need when you can download and make your own CD) Also, apparently, all character meals that had a photo are added to your MDE account for download. I do not think you get a print at say, CRT, anymore. I believe it would be a download? Somebody correct me if I'm mistaken. Suffice it to say, I'm pretty certain you can print the pictures independently from Disney.

So if we want to print our pictures off of MM then we will have to pay more $$. Hmmm that doesn't seen fair. I was thinking you could go online and order the prints like you can when you only have the photo pass card but not pay. I don't mind having a digital copy but I like to print my pictures as well as I buy a photo album with the year every year & put our pics in it.

So if we want to print our pictures off of MM then we will have to pay more $$. Hmmm that doesn't seen fair.

Yes, well, I'm sure it is a streamlining/easier deal for Disney not to print them off at the dinner events - shoot off a download and badda bing, they are done. Yeah, I wasn't impressed after reading all the info about it. At first, I thought it was just a renaming of Photopass +, but it is a bit different. Allegedly, you can still do editing/borders and you get entitlement photos, as they call them - ie., stock photos of WDW & characters. However, I will say, if you have friend/family shared on your account, they, too can see/have access to the photos. Large parties would definitely benefit from MM, in my estimation.

Yes, well, I'm sure it is a streamlining/easier deal for Disney not to print them off at the dinner events - shoot off a download and badda bing, they are done. Yeah, I wasn't impressed after reading all the info about it. However, I will say, if you have friend/family shared on your account, they, too can see/have access to the photos. Large parties would definitely benefit from MM, in my estimation.
Oh I get that totally & think that's a great idea that the staff no longer has to do the printing on site I just always assumed that along with the digital you could order prints as well when you get home. I didn't think I would have to take it to Blacks or Walmart or somewhere and pay again to have them printed. If you get the photo pass card in the parks it's about $14 for a 4x6 pic so I thought with MM it would be better & you would no longer have to pay for the prints. I guess I have a decision to make if it's going to be worth it. We've never done PP+ in the past but it's our 10 yr wedding anniversary while we are there and thought it would be great to get professional pics done & not just use our phones. Also it's just 2 of us this time & will be harder to take pics.

Oh I get that totally & think that's a great idea that the staff no longer has to do the printing on site I just always assumed that along with the digital you could order prints as well when you get home. I didn't think I would have to take it to Blacks or Walmart or somewhere and pay again to have them printed. If you get the photo pass card in the parks it's about $14 for a 4x6 pic so I thought with MM it would be better & you would no longer have to pay for the prints. I guess I have a decision to make if it's going to be worth it. We've never done PP+ in the past but it's our 10 yr wedding anniversary while we are there and thought it would be great to get professional pics done & not just use our phones. Also it's just 2 of us this time & will be harder to take pics.

We bought three digital photos last time and still had to pay to get them printed...the photo files themselves were $45 for the three of them. With MM you get access to all the photos to print. It's well worth it for us because why would I pay $10 for a 4x6 once when I could pay $15 and get as many prints as I want? I think 3 4x6 and 2 8x10s were like $2.30 at Costco.

Anyone know how long to expect the "pirates league" to take? Want to take my son for the first time! :)
My son did pirates league last Oct and we were there for probably an hour and a half total. I think it totally depends on which face is chosen and how backed up they are. We had a 3pm reservation and had to wait a good 20 min after that before he went back. My son got one w a lot of makeup (white face ghost looking pirate) so that took awhile. After he was done, he had more waiting be called into "secret" room. Once in secret room that takes about 5 min and then done!

We bought three digital photos last time and still had to pay to get them printed...the photo files themselves were $45 for the three of them. With MM you get access to all the photos to print. It's well worth it for us because why would I pay $10 for a 4x6 once when I could pay $15 and get as many prints as I want? I think 3 4x6 and 2 8x10s were like $2.30 at Costco.

Wow, not that I did not know that when you got 3 photos, they were digital downloads only. You have a very valid point.

I guess, if you remember to use the Photopass photographers to your advantage, ie, often, then it is worth it, in my opinion, even if you have to pay for a print or so later and especially since you are having an anniversary. They did some nice photos with those celebrating Anniversaries and Honeymoons.

I put mine on my desktop (laptop & PC) and on my digital picture frame. Printing later is sooo much cheaper than prints from Disney. Additionally, I see our Disney prints are fading a bit from Akershus Princess breakfast.

I would likely get it, I guess, because we don't go every year, I like having the photos, so worth is relegated to what you want in addition to monetary value. Have a great anniversary trip...They treated us very nicely and we got lots of happy anniversary wishes!

Wow, not that I did not know that when you got 3 photos, they were digital downloads only. You have a very valid point. I guess, if you remember to use the Photopass photographers to your advantage, ie, often, then it is worth it, in my opinion, even if you have to pay for a print or so later and especially since you are having an anniversary. They did some nice photos with those celebrating Anniversaries and Honeymoons. I put mine on my desktop (laptop & PC) and on my digital picture frame. Printing later is sooo much cheaper than prints from Disney. Additionally, I see our Disney prints are fading a bit from Akershus Princess breakfast. I would likely get it, I guess, because we don't go every year, I like having the photos, so worth is relegated to what you want in addition to monetary value. Have a great anniversary trip...They treated us very nicely and we got lots of happy anniversary wishes!

When you put it like that then your right. I really want to use it. I currently have it free but on Wednesday I'm changing to FD but was debating whether to keep it. I probably will. :)

My son did pirates league last Oct and we were there for probably an hour and a half total. I think it totally depends on which face is chosen and how backed up they are. We had a 3pm reservation and had to wait a good 20 min after that before he went back. My son got one w a lot of makeup (white face ghost looking pirate) so that took awhile. After he was done, he had more waiting be called into "secret" room. Once in secret room that takes about 5 min and then done!

Ok, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter