Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, thank you!
My son did the Jake makeover and it maybe took 20-30 min for actual makeover. We waited over 45 minutes after checking in for our turn, and then another 15 for our turn in the secret room. I was kinda mad as I specially made my reservation so he would do the pirate parade right after it. I even asked when I made the appointment if he would be done in time. We would have missed the parade with all the waiting, but it ended up getting canceled due to rain. My DH heard the CMs at the check in desk say they had allowed too many walk ups that day.

Anyone know if BBB has waits like that too?

2009CAN said:

Holy moly...they better or I'm rethinking whole trip...right now I have ADRs at Crystal Palace, Akershus, 1900 park fare, BOG and tusker house...if that holds true I'm s******

turning into a Disney fanatic

Holy moly...they better or I'm rethinking whole trip...right now I have ADRs at Crystal Palace, Akershus, 1900 park fare, BOG and tusker house...if that holds true I'm s****** turning into a Disney fanatic

From what I understand, others have called and they are still part of the dining plan. The system has been bombarded lately with more to come with FD opening for GP! I have some reservations for those so I am keeping an eye on it too!

From what I understand, others have called and they are still part of the dining plan. The system has been bombarded lately with more to come with FD opening for GP! I have some reservations for those so I am keeping an eye on it too!

I do too but havent moved anything around for fear it wont let me reserve BUT i did call last night about another ressie and double checked it is a glitch and whatever is on the brochure is part of the dining plan

mommyof3princess27 said:
I do too but havent moved anything around for fear it wont let me reserve BUT i did call last night about another ressie and double checked it is a glitch and whatever is on the brochure is part of the dining plan

I called my TA. She assured me its a glitch. Also SD. Stay off the site for while until things calm down. I must be driving by them nuts....lol

mommyof3princess27 said:

I called my TA. She assured me its a glitch. Also SD. Stay off the site for while until things calm down. I must be driving them nuts....lol

I'm doing a room only on 10/25 and then package starting 10/26. I know I can check in starting at 6 am and that'll be my plan. Do any on you have experience with this? How long is that line going to be at Pop? I have CP ADR at 8:15 and worried about timing.

I'm doing a room only on 10/25 and then package starting 10/26. I know I can check in starting at 6 am and that'll be my plan. Do any on you have experience with this? How long is that line going to be at Pop? I have CP ADR at 8:15 and worried about timing.

I would be there a little before 6 if it was me. I had to do the split stay thing for free dining and tried going around 7:30 and the line was LONG with people doing the same thing as me plus regular people arriving. This was at ASMU on a Sunday. If you are there before 6 I would think the line would be shorter but I have never personally done it. Also then if it takes a half hour you should still have time.

Omg! I have a CP at 8am an was wonderin the same thing!!!

I would be there a little before 6 if it was me. I had to do the split stay thing for free dining and tried going around 7:30 and the line was LONG with people doing the same thing as me plus regular people arriving. This was at ASMU on a Sunday. If you are there before 6 I would think the line would be shorter but I have never personally done it. Also then if it takes a half hour you should still have time.

Guess i will be there at 5:45!

mommyof3princess27 said:
Guess i will be there at 5:45!

Are you at Pop too? If so I'll be the redhead with eyes barely open. I'm planning on being down there before 6 too
Just wasn't sure what a realistic wait would be. I'm really concerned b/c I have 2 rooms (fam of 6) and I was told I wouldn't be able to check in both rooms. This means my sis or BIL needs to come down too and the other one has to get the my niece and nephews ready by themselves. I'm really reconsidering the ADR. I have one for lunch at 11:30 too, but regardless we're.gonna have to check in before we head to the park and I can only imagine the check in line gets longer as the day moves on.

Are you at Pop too? If so I'll be the redhead with eyes barely open. I'm planning on being down there before 6 too Just wasn't sure what a realistic wait would be. I'm really concerned b/c I have 2 rooms (fam of 6) and I was told I wouldn't be able to check in both rooms. This means my sis or BIL needs to come down too and the other one has to get the my niece and nephews ready by themselves. I'm really reconsidering the ADR. I have one for lunch at 11:30 too, but regardless we're.gonna have to check in before we head to the park and I can only imagine the check in line gets longer as the day moves on.

I think if it were me I would try to change the ADR if there are small children to get ready in the mix.

Are you at Pop too? If so I'll be the redhead with eyes barely open. I'm planning on being down there before 6 too Just wasn't sure what a realistic wait would be. I'm really concerned b/c I have 2 rooms (fam of 6) and I was told I wouldn't be able to check in both rooms. This means my sis or BIL needs to come down too and the other one has to get the my niece and nephews ready by themselves. I'm really reconsidering the ADR. I have one for lunch at 11:30 too, but regardless we're.gonna have to check in before we head to the park and I can only imagine the check in line gets longer as the day moves on.

No we are at CSR. I have a LTT ressie for 12:30 but we also will need to check in before heading to the park. This is gonna be fun

tinker&belle said:
I think if it were me I would try to change the ADR if there are small children to get ready in the mix.

Kiddos will be 5 and twin almost 7. They aren't little but still take time. I'm hoping that their excitement of meeting Pooh and Tigger (their one request form the whole trip) will get them.up early.....kinda like Christmas morning. And of course we'll have clothes laid out the night before and planning nothing the night before so we can go to bed at 6pm if we want! =) I do need to talk to my sis tho and see what she says. I really wanted the per opening ADR for selfish reasons (getting a pic in front of the castle without tons of people in it) but I don't want miserablness either.

Are you at Pop too? If so I'll be the redhead with eyes barely open. I'm planning on being down there before 6 too
Just wasn't sure what a realistic wait would be. I'm really concerned b/c I have 2 rooms (fam of 6) and I was told I wouldn't be able to check in both rooms. This means my sis or BIL needs to come down too and the other one has to get the my niece and nephews ready by themselves. I'm really reconsidering the ADR. I have one for lunch at 11:30 too, but regardless we're.gonna have to check in before we head to the park and I can only imagine the check in line gets longer as the day moves on.

Just FYI: We have always traveled as a party of 6+ with 2+ rooms and I have always checked in at POP for all rooms in our party. I would recommend that you have the profiles for both reservations updated in your MyDisneyExperience to show you all traveling together in your friends & family.

Does anyone know when the promotion will be available tomorrow? Is it possibly midnight or 7 am? I will try to book online if I can....never never never been able to go for free dining...so I am excited!

SPOERLX3 said:
Just FYI: We have always traveled as a party of 6+ with 2+ rooms and I have always checked in at POP for all rooms in our party. I would recommend that you have the profiles for both reservations updated in your MyDisneyExperience to show you all traveling together in your friends & family.

Thanks! My sis doesn't even have MDE. Both ressies do show up in my MDE account...the one just lists my sisters name on the reservation. I have her family listed as my "friends" tho and made all ADRs and included them. Hope this works. I'm fine taking one for the team and getting up early, but don't wanna out them out too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter