• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
daizieduck said:
I called from my cell phone on the way to work and got through to the hold music pretty quick. Wasn't much longer after that when an agent came on the line. Hmm. They definitely booked FD for you? The Disney rep I got said she doesn't have FD offer dates past Oct. 3? :confused3 And I was hoping for the Oct. 26 check in date. So for now, I booked Oct. 3-11.

I had an existing package starting Oct 26 and my TA was able to add it for me. I think the CM you spoke with was misii formed. I would try again if you want the later dates.

I had an existing package starting Oct 26 and my TA was able to add it for me. I think the CM you spoke with was misii formed. I would try again if you want the later dates.

Thank you. Glad I took your advice. The agent I spoke to discovered the first agent booked the wrong package. She booked the RO discount and charged me for the dining plan. He was able to book me the dates I really wanted (Oct. 26-Nov. 3) with FD. Cannot believe that happened. So glad I called back!! Not to mention the FD offer compared to the RO discount with the dining plan added on was $900 less. FD is always the better deal for me over RO discount.

daizieduck said:
Thank you. Glad I took your advice. The agent I spoke to discovered the first agent booked the wrong package. She booked the RO discount and charged me for the dining plan. He was able to book me the dates I really wanted (Oct. 26-Nov. 3) with FD. Cannot believe that happened. So glad I called back!! Not to mention the FD offer compared to the RO discount withi the dining plan added on was $900 less. FD is always the better deal for me over RO discount.

Awesome....glad to hear it. And I'll see you there too. My arrival date is also 10/26. Checking out 10/31 tho and then have a day scheduled for Uni. My niece and nephews are going to freak out on this trip. I can't wait!

:laughing: Don't laugh at me, but I'm trying for the Christmas Holiday.. still holding on.:yay: Want this to be a great Christmas for Mom as her health is declining and we want to have her enjoy every minuet with us kids and Great Grand Daughter. :lovestruc Love, Love FD... :banana:

Awesome....glad to hear it. And I'll see you there too. My arrival date is also 10/26. Checking out 10/31 tho and then have a day scheduled for Uni. My niece and nephews are going to freak out on this trip. I can't wait!

After further investigation and calculation and chatting with others here on the DIS, I now realize the first agent REALLY messed up my reservation. She gave me RO discount for Oct. 3. The rest of the stay was full price and the cost of the dining plan. No wonder the price was $3970. I know room and ticket prices go up every year but I was really shocked. The cost of my now corrected reservation is only $3048!!:banana: I don't know if I specified earlier but we are staying at CSR. Where are you staying?

A lot of favorites are no longer accepting Disney Dining Plans! Just read this on another thread and went to MDE and sure enough, DPs are no longer accepted at:
1900 park fare, Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, Akershus

A lot of favorites are no longer accepting Disney Dining Plans! Just read this on another thread and went to MDE and sure enough, DPs are no longer accepted at:

Must be a glitch. Those are all classic Disney restaurants. There's no way they wouldn't accept the dining plan. :confused3

Not correct. Check the DP brochure.

Not correct. Check the DP brochure.
The brochure says that restaurants are subject to change. The Web site now states, "Does not accept DDP"
It's hopefully a glitch, but if not, according to their brochure, it's subject to change.

The brochure says that restaurants are subject to change. The Web site now states, "Does not accept DDP" It's hopefully a glitch, but if not, according to their brochure, it's subject to change.

MDE says DDP accepted for Akershus...

My concern is that since POR is not included that POP will fill up to the point it won't be available for GP. Anyone else worried about this?
I am. We were planning on POP for this trip. I'll take Sports or Music if I have to, but would really prefer POP. DH has never stayed there (only the kids and I have) and I think he would really enjoy the theming.

Must be a glitch. Those are all classic Disney restaurants. There's no way they wouldn't accept the dining plan. :confused3

Yes, there have apparently been a lot of glitches with the system today due to them releasing Mine Train FP+.

This is probably in this thread, but I didn't see it and want to make sure nothing has changed:

The last December dates end of the 23rd. Is it still true that if I check in on the 23rd that I would get free dining for my whole trip?

I have to work through the 23rd but I would pay extra $ for airfare to fly down that night as free dining saves a ton of $ when you have 3 kids that are considered "adult" by Disney.

Even though it says it on that page, if you go to book the ADR, it says that DDP is accepted and that it is one credit. I'm still going with glitch.

I hope so! I booked our ADR there a month ago not even bothering to check about accepting DDP. It's one of our favorites and my girls must have their princess bfast!!!

daizieduck said:
After further investigation and calculation and chatting with others here on the DIS, I now realize the first agent REALLY messed up my reservation. She gave me RO discount for Oct. 3. The rest of the stay was full price and the cost of the dining plan. No wonder the price was $3970. I know room and ticket prices go up every year but I was really shocked. The cost of my now corrected reservation is only $3048!!:banana: I don't know if I specified earlier but we are staying at CSR. Where are you staying?

Wow! Thank goodness you called again! I have 2 rooms at Pop. My sis, BIL, 2 nephews, niece and I will be heading down. I am fairly certain I'm more excited than the kids. Expensive with 6 people but cheapest way is 2 rooms at a value. Everything is done now except MNSSHH tickets and pirates and pals fireworks ressies. And of course I'll be up at midnight 60 days out making FP+ ressies too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter