Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently server is busy for special offers...
B7045272-103A-4F67-90A1-B7C05BECBC5E_zpsjrxjpa0n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ok I will stay up all night...not kidding...ok maybe I am! Thanks!

I'll book in a week or two when I figure out exactly what we want. Just like every other year I will get exactly what we want. The panic created on DIS is hilarious, really no need to get up in the middle of the night to book a room. Next month at this time there will still be tons available.

What is a split stay?

Having two separate hotels reservations for the same vacation. It could be two different hotels, or two reservations at the same hotel, for example if you wanted to arrive at Disney a day before free dining started, making you inelegible for free dining, you could book a one-night room only reservation for the first night and then book the rest of your stay with free dining starting the day after your arrival (when free dining starts).

Having two separate hotels reservations for the same vacation. It could be two different hotels, or two reservations at the same hotel, for example if you wanted to arrive at Disney a day before free dining started, making you inelegible for free dining, you could book a one-night room only reservation for the first night and then book the rest of your stay with free dining starting the day after your arrival (when free dining starts).

Definitely lost!!! Why am I not getting it? :confused3:confused3

My original question was that If my check out date is Dec 13th... And it seems first day of free dining is the 12th...i suppose i would not get the FD?

someone answered "not unless I did a split stay"???? :confused3

I'm just grasping for hope! ;) popcorn::

Definitely lost!!! Why am I not getting it? :confused3:confused3

My original question was that If my check out date is Dec 13th... And it seems first day of free dining is the 12th...i suppose i would not get the FD?

someone answered "not unless I did a split stay"???? :confused3

I'm just grasping for hope! ;) popcorn::

You could not do a split stay, since FD requires a 3 night minimum. You would need to check in on the 12th to get FD for your stay. Is there any way you could check in on the 12th, even if it is really late in the day?

wdwmaw said:
You would not need a split stay. You would need to check in on the 12th to get FD for your stay. Is there any way you could check in on the 12th, even if it is really late in the day?

Free dining is offered for check in dates Dec 12-23. As long as you check in during this time period you get free dining for your whole trip. Ex: you have a trip Dec 21- Jan 2....you get FD your whole trip. Another ex: you have trip Dec 11 - DEC 20. You would not get FD. The only date that matters is arrival date. I believe the PP arriving in Dec 13 would be eligible for FD.

Free dining is offered for check in dates Dec 12-23. As long as you check in during this time period you get free dining for your whole trip. Ex: you have a trip Dec 21- Jan 2....you get FD your whole trip. Another ex: you have trip Dec 11 - DEC 20. You would not get FD. The only date that matters is arrival date. I believe the PP arriving in Dec 13 would be eligible for FD.

oops sorry, misread it, just assumed it ended on the 12th since someone offered her to do a split stay. Great catch:)

wdwmaw said:
oops sorry, misread it, just assumed it ended on the 12th since someone offered her to do a split stay. Great catch:)

I figured it was a misread and I def don't like to correct folks but didn't want the other poster thinking she needed to arrive on the 12th either. I can't believe they extended it so far out in Dec. I get the week b/t Christmas and New Years off work....I could be easily swayed into another trip at Christmas time. If only I lived closer!

I figured it was a misread and I def don't like to correct folks but didn't want the other poster thinking she needed to arrive on the 12th either. I can't believe they extended it so far out in Dec. I get the week b/t Christmas and New Years off work....I could be easily swayed into another trip at Christmas time. If only I lived closer!

How far are you from Disney? We have done FD several years checking in the last day available and staying 14 nights through New Years. We love this time of year and my DH says it is his favorite time to go. As the kids have gotten older and with DS in college this became the only time we could travel.

How far are you from Disney? We have done FD several years checking in the last day available and staying 14 nights through New Years. We love this time of year and my DH says it is his favorite time to go. As the kids have gotten older and with DS in college this became the only time we could travel.

Wish we could afford to go! That would be awesome!! Maybe next year :)

wdwmaw said:

Central IL. It's a 20 hr car ride. Flights that time of year will easily be $400. I did go last year beginning of Dec and LOVED it. I know it's absolutely crazy busy but In would love to ring in the new year at MK. Going with my sis and her fam.in Oct this year. I'll still get my Disney fix. Need to save up cashola so I take take another sis and her youngest kiddos maybe next year. Then I'll be done for a bit. My sisters need to stop having kids! =)

So, If I arrive on Dec. 10th... to stay until Dec. 16th??? Will I get the free dining???

If I'm already checked in... FD starts on Dec 12... will I not be eligible for the FD???

So confused now....

Nope. Unless you do a split stay...Dec 10/11 on one reservation and then the 12th to 16th on another with FD.

I'll book in a week or two when I figure out exactly what we want. Just like every other year I will get exactly what we want. The panic created on DIS is hilarious, really no need to get up in the middle of the night to book a room. Next month at this time there will still be tons available.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all but with POR out of the FD promotion, that leaves a LOT (I think) of families trying to get rooms elsewhere. Sure it has always worked and I'm sure it will work for you just fine this year but this year is definitely different because of the lack of rooms.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all but with POR out of the FD promotion, that leaves a LOT (I think) of families trying to get rooms elsewhere. Sure it has always worked and I'm sure it will work for you just fine this year but this year is definitely different because of the lack of rooms.

I agree... and for me its not the "hype" its the fact that I will be up at 7am, why not wake up 1 hour earlier to take care of my reservations. I prefer to not stress the extra time and just have everything in its place.

I got a PIN emailed to me for free dining for the fall last night!!

it included more dates than the public offer and it didn't exclude any resorts- so I was able to get POR with free dining for September!

Beyond excited!

I guess I should qualify my statement by stating that we always go Mid-December. If we were going Sept/Oct I might be more concerned. We ended up booking online Wednesday night in a Business Class room at CSR. Checking today the BC rooms are now full for our dates, but every other room category is available. I will admit that this year does "feel" different with regards to needing to book earlier than normal. Having said that, for our dates in Dec you can still book just about every resort that was offered.

I guess I should qualify my statement by stating that we always go Mid-December. If we were going Sept/Oct I might be more concerned. We ended up booking online Wednesday night in a Business Class room at CSR. Checking today the BC rooms are now full for our dates, but every other room category is available. I will admit that this year does "feel" different with regards to needing to book earlier than normal. Having said that, for our dates in Dec you can still book just about every resort that was offered.

Even you knew better than to wait a week or two to book that room.....One day later and you had a room.....I can get rooms still for my week and party size too if I want my package to be $6000+. Actually saw one earlier at AKL that was a little over $14000 for my week. Geez that's half a new van!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter