Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
kaylasmom07 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by linzjane88

Remorse! Remorse! I wish I wouldn't have impatiently booked through the Canadian link. It was 3:30 AM--I wasn't thinking clearly Not to mention I inadvertently booked CSR Business level. Doh!

Now I am envisioning showing up with my big free dining grin on my face and having the cast member ask for my Canadian ID....then I pull this move : . Then I have to pay three hundred gajillion dollars to rebook and am forever known as the lady who tried sneaking the system to book her free dining 39 minutes earlier than the rest of the US. Maybe I am worrying excessively here (it's kind of my thing).

If it were me I would cancel now and rebook using the us website. I would be worrying too!

I agree. I wouldn't take any chances!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I thought I had things figured out, but now that today is here I'm not sure! Hubby told me last night to scrap the say at Wyndham for a Disney Resort :cheer2: So what do I choose?! I had originally figured POP because so many people seem to like it, but DH also increased the budget! :cool1: We have 2 girls, who'll be 6 & 8 on the trip. I was looking at CBR, what do you think of the standard room? I'm not sure they'll be thrilled with the pirate rooms. Or any other recommendations? Thank you! :wave2:

*Been to Disney multiple times, but this will be the first trip in a Disney resort. Looking to make it AMAZING! Only ever done 1 char dining at Akershus, wanting to do many this trip. So any recommendations in that aspect would be great too!

Just booked 2 reservations online, one for my family and one for my parents...website was moving quickly now.:cool1: :cool1::cool1:

I'm trying to figure out how people that have been on hold for a lot less time then us have already gotten through when we are still waiting. :confused3

Are you booking new or modifying an existing reservation? Modifying an existing reservation is lower priority than new bookings.
Last week during the DV bookings, the people that had existing reservations and chose "modify an existing reservation" seemed to be on hold a lot longer than those that requested a new reservation :confused3

Do you have another phone line you can try. Some stated that they had waited over 2 hours, but then called on another lines and a CM picked up after 30 minutes. Worth a try.

Modified my existing reservation for free dining Dec 20-27. I can not believe we are getting free dining during Christmas week.

It took 1/2 hour before I was finally connected to listen to music for 1 1/2 hours, worth it to wait. With the upgrade to DDP from Quick still saved $882 for 3 adults.

Managed to book standard room at CBR for September! In the end it was easy! Managed to book online earlier today.

Took about 45 minutes of re-dialing. Selected #1 to make a new reservation. After about 3 minutes to enter information (I hate the automated system) I was on hold for less than a minute. Got a great CM who was able to get us free dining on our existing Ft Wilderness Cabin reservation. Whoo Hooo!:cool1:

Just an FYI...you can book these online. I just went and priced POP, CBR, CSR and the Cabins.....and decided against FD.

We arrive next week for SWW and we have a 3 bedroom condo for just under $60 a night (we usually stay at a condo for even less, but it was booked already for our May trip). Going through the menus and deciding "if money were no object (aka FD)" what would we order and how much would it cost. It just isn't adding up to a savings.

Now, admittedly, a big part is that we simply don't order dessert at every meal....our preferred choices aren't usually the uber expensive entrees....and at home and in restaurants here at home we drink water 99% of the time. Truth is, we aren't really sure we want to eat at a TS every single night for 3 weeks, lol. We want some healthy choices, some homemade yummy...some eating in our PJs in front of the telly, lol.

So....we won't be doing FD again this year....we decided that last week when the DV offers didn't add up, but I wanted to check one last time to be sure and doing it online meant we could play with dates and resorts much easier than keeping a CM fruitlessly pounded the keyboard. And it's still no go.

BUT.....we have made a LOT of really great ADRs, including some that we have always thought "that's so expensive" and kept thinking "maybe someday if FD ever works for us again"......and this time, with my daughters looking at college and therefore less time to travel (we homeschool so going on value times is our norm).....and with this math, we decided "nothing is too expensive if we want to eat there". So...we're doing Hoop Dee Doo, the Luau, California Grill even Victoria & Albert (not on the dining plan, but we're going to try for a Chef's Table and have a regular ADR already as backup). And we're looking at some of the others we've never tried and decided if we want to or not.

And I have sent a request to book our usual condo.....at $57 all taxes/fees included. 3 bedrooms, full kitchen, our own washer/dryer, pool (shared but by a lot less people); exercise room (shared, but always empty, lol); etc.

Good luck to all of you able to get FD! Enjoy yourselves.

I just got off the phone and the only way I can get the promo is to go from a moderate to a deluxe and pay more. I thought I would have plenty of time as well wish i would have called sooner

Oh no! I am so very sorry. I know that is very disappointing. The deluxes are usually out of my price range but we had so many people chipping in this time and saved for so long, it was doable.

Are you booking new or modifying an existing reservation? Modifying an existing reservation is lower priority than new bookings. Last week during the DV bookings, the people that had existing reservations and chose "modify an existing reservation" seemed to be on hold a lot longer than those that requested a new reservation :confused3 Do you have another phone line you can try. Some stated that they had waited over 2 hours, but then called on another lines and a CM picked up after 30 minutes. Worth a try.

Yeah when I initially called at 7 on both home phone & cell I chose modify. I hung up my cell after an hour due to LD costs. After about 2.5 hrs I decided to try again with my cell while holding on my home phone. It was busy for the first half hour but I did get through. That time I chose new & agent. The total time of that call, including prompts, hold & changes, 10 mins. I stayed on my home phone the whole time to see if it would be picked up & nope. I should've just did new from the start. I did last year & only waited an hour, I don't know what I was thinking today. Lol. It was worth it though. I got to keep what I already had. POP standard room, upgraded to DP & added back on MM. I saved about $400 so I'm happy. :)

Yeah when I initially called at 7 on both home phone & cell I chose modify. I hung up my cell after an hour due to LD costs. After about 2.5 hrs I decided to try again with my cell while holding on my home phone. It was busy for the first half hour but I did get through. That time I chose new & agent. The total time of that call, including prompts, hold & changes, 10 mins. I stayed on my home phone the whole time to see if it would be picked up & nope. I should've just did new from the start. I did last year & only waited an hour, I don't know what I was thinking today. Lol. It was worth it though. I got to keep what I already had. POP standard room, upgraded to DP & added back on MM. I saved about $400 so I'm happy. :)

I have done the same thing before:sad1: We will know next time!!! :thumbsup2 But I am definitely booking BB for next year if they are offering FD for November while I am there!::yes::

Looks like we will be there the same time!
9/24-10/1:cheer2: 2 rooms at POP standard!

Glad you finally got it taken care of!:goodvibes

I have done the same thing before:sad1: We will know next time!!! :thumbsup2 But I am definitely booking BB for next year if they are offering FD for November while I am there!::yes:: Looks like we will be there the same time! 9/24-10/1:cheer2: 2 rooms at POP standard! Glad you finally got it taken care of!:goodvibes

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter