Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked Sports for October 3-11 because POP wasn't available. But now if I go in and put in October 2-11, POP is available... how does that work? It's the same dates? Oh, and the price also jumps by over $200 from what it was before.

you added a day--that would be the price increase. As far as the days not being available it is hard to say what would trigger that.

3rd time around for HM and then it will be Its A Small World again. Did I do something to make you mad Disney? :confused3 2 hrs and 15mins.

After calling back and being put on hold a cm answered in 5 minutes. She had my reservation modified and my MIL's modified in 5 minutes...woohoo. Pop Century Sept. 6-13 with upgraded FD. It might take a few minutes to get back through, but I had better luck....having that call dropped was actually beneficial on my part. Best of luck to you.

I remember this craziness from last year! So glad I called last night and booked with the Visa offer! My DH didn't want to book yet since we weren't sure of the dates. I got very nervous when I heard the GP discount was coming today, so I convinced him last night that we should try to book it. (Neither of us can call during the work day). I got right through, had a great CM, and booked CSR for 11/15-11/22. First time at CSR--We're trying to stay at all of the Mods at some point. Hope we like it! Good luck to those trying today!!

I'm pulling my hair out right now...especially since I'm listening to It's A Small World again

I've got the phone on speaker while we wait. I've got two little people dancing around and singing to it...*some* people at our house are enjoying the wait ;)

Remorse! Remorse! I wish I wouldn't have impatiently booked through the Canadian link. It was 3:30 AM--I wasn't thinking clearly:coffee:Not to mention I inadvertently booked CSR Business level. Doh!

Now I am envisioning showing up with my big free dining grin on my face and having the cast member ask for my Canadian ID....then I pull this move : :confused3 . Then I have to pay three hundred gajillion dollars to rebook and am forever known as the lady who tried sneaking the system to book her free dining 39 minutes earlier than the rest of the US. Maybe I am worrying excessively here (it's kind of my thing).

If it were me I would cancel now and rebook using the us website. I would be worrying too!

Done! Had to upgrade our WL standard room to a Woods View (but it was only $101 extra) to get the free dining Nov 16-21. On hold 10 minutes.

Good luck!

I called 407-939-7523 which is the line to purchase special tickets. I asked to be transferred to modify my existing reservation. The lady warned me that it was a 2 hour wait and when she transferred me through, it got picked up by someone right away. So I didn't spend any time waiting at all...

Hope this number can help others...

Yay! Finally got through after 2 hours and 20 minutes! I was able to upgrade my CSR business class package to add free dining!! After looking at availability while on hold I thought I would have to switch to CBR, which I really didn't want to do. I am soooo excited I can hardly stand it! I hope everyone else gets their dates and resorts too! Good luck!

Well, our first choice was not available, even with flexible dates, but we were able to book Bay Lake view at the Contemporary, 11/13-11/22. I may still stalk the room availability online to see if a theme park view becomes available, but I'm so excited to try a new resort for this trip!

I had to call 5 or 6 times right at 7 a.m. before I was able to get through and was on hold for 45 minutes. Not too bad. The cm, Georgia, was so helpful and patient. I had a back up plan, but still felt a bit deflated when our first choice was unavailable. She was so nice about checking a few scenarios for me so I could weigh our options. Ultimately, over the moon excited to be headed back this year!

Now, 10 days to finish planning our ADR's!

After calling back and being put on hold a cm answered in 5 minutes. She had my reservation modified and my MIL's modified in 5 minutes...woohoo. Pop Century Sept. 6-13 with upgraded FD. It might take a few minutes to get back through, but I had better luck....having that call dropped was actually beneficial on my part. Best of luck to you.

YAY :cheer2::cheer2:

Glad you got what you wanted. I've been trying again on my cell but constantly busy.

2.5 hours now... and i know im not going to get my free dining :sad2:

Don't be discouraged. I have a feeling plenty of rooms are available. That's why they do this promotion, because so many rooms are open. It's just that everyone thinks (including me) that they wont get the promotion if they don't call right away and the lines are bogged down. Hang in there!

Not new to the Dis Boards but really have never had a reason to post because all the questions I needed answered were already on here but just wanted to share...
Called 407-934-7639 on my landline at 6am Central time to modify an existing reservation, went through the prompts like it asked me to and was on hold until 8:20am.
At 8:20am, I decided to try on my cell and do what was suggested on the boards. I kept getting the busy signal. At 8:25am, I got through and was on hold for 5 minutes and then a wonderful CM came on and by 8:38am, I was done and off the phone.
If you have a 2nd option for a phone line. Stay on hold and try your other phone. It worked for me!!
Wishing everyone Good Luck!! Now off the work I go!! :)

I had the Disney Visa FD at CBR but DFIL decided to go with us yesterday. SO I tried to switch us to AoA and he is paying some. Well called last night and it was booked solid. The CM didn't seem like she 100% knew what she was doing so I called back. Got a great one but still booked solid. Tried this morning first thing at 7 EST and got thru after 1.5 hours but still no AoA. So we booked 2 rooms at Pop but had to get Preferred Pool View! Our dates are Oct 2 to Oct 11. Geez FD is filling up SO fast!!!!!

Don't be discouraged. I have a feeling plenty of rooms are available. That's why they do this promotion, because so many rooms are open. It's just that everyone thinks (including me) that they wont get the promotion if they don't call right away and the lines are bogged down. Hang in there!

I just got off the phone and the only way I can get the promo is to go from a moderate to a deluxe and pay more. I thought I would have plenty of time as well wish i would have called sooner

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter