Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on hold for about 2 hrs this morning and was unable to get BC for the end of October. I have the option to move to BWI but I'm not sure I want to.

<sigh> Just spoke to my TA (thru email). She's have trouble getting through on the TA line - she was disconnected and now is only getting a busy signal. She said that Disney told the TAs to expect the phones to be this busy until Friday! :scared1:

As someone else mentioned, I'm sure that the TA lines take longer because the TAs are making a lot of changes/new bookings for multiple clients.

Crossing my fingers!

<sigh> Just spoke to my TA (thru email). She's have trouble getting through on the TA line - she was disconnected and now is only getting a busy signal. She said that Disney told the TAs to expect the phones to be this busy until Friday! :scared1:

As someone else mentioned, I'm sure that the TA lines take longer because the TAs are making a lot of changes/new bookings for multiple clients.

Crossing my fingers!

My TA said her boss decided to make one call and change all the existing rez at one time. They have been on hold for 6.5 hours. She asked if we wanted to guess how many Winnie the Pooh's that means as their phone is on speaker.
WE have a package at CSR, and just need the FD applied, so we are just waiting now.
:rolleyes1

I'm seeing the page (its the old disney site...not MDE for those who can't see it). However now i'm wondering, are we sure its going to work? Pricing it out I get the same quote but nothing SAYS FD on my payment summary page. And did anyone have a problem linking the reservation?

If you have an existing reservation, you are suppose to call Disney, not try on their site.
:worship:

If she is not too close to the actual date. And tell her to hurry! Others are waiting for it! LOL;)

I don't think she's cancelling the ADR. They had originally paid oop for CRT & now have the DP. They want to get the refund as they want to use the DP.

I'm SO bummed out. We had a reservation at Caribbean Beach already, had it for a few weeks, same with my parents. My TA called and was also on hold all day and when she got Disney on the phone all of CBR was sold out for the Free Dining :( She could get us into Pop Century but I really really really wanted to stay at Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs.... so disappointed and feel really bummed out. :( I could honestly cry.

Nothing is making any sense. If the discounts come out because this is the slowest time of year why is everything selling out on the very first day? Why even have FD available until August if it sells out within hours? My TA has been on hold for 7 hours and has not spoken to anyone yet. But, I'm hearing that BCR is sold out so it was all for nothing. My sister wants to stay in a moderate. PO are not options. CSR is completely sold out. CBR is almost sold out. What a waste of time. How can a company like Disney let customers sit on hold for 7 hours?

Nothing is making any sense. If the discounts come out because this is the slowest time of year why is everything selling out on the very first day? Why even have FD available until August if it sells out within hours? My TA has been on hold for 7 hours and has not spoken to anyone yet. But, I'm hearing that BCR is sold out so it was all for nothing. My sister wants to stay in a moderate. PO are not options. CSR is completely sold out. CBR is almost sold out. What a waste of time. How can a company like Disney let customers sit on hold for 7 hours?

I'm confused about your TA being on hold for 7 hours :confused:
My sister is a TA and she has called several times throughout the day today to make/modify resort reservations for her clients. I called another friend that is a TA and she has also called several times today to make/modify reservations. They both said they had to wait for a while (especially first thing this morning) but have completed all their resort reservations/modifications.
I am just concerned that your TA has spent 7 hours on hold and never gotten through :scared1:

I have read other posts of TA's being on hold all day just not sure why they can't get through and other TA's have no trouble. I guess it is the same as us all trying to get through and some can and some can't.

I don't understand the whole hod thing either?? I just called Disney and had a rep in a under 3 minutes from the time I dialed. Thought it was a fluke so I tried again, got right through. Could you book online and then cancel with her

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm confused about your TA being on hold for 7 hours :confused:
My sister is a TA and she has called several times throughout the day today to make/modify resort reservations for her clients. I called another friend that is a TA and she has also called several times today to make/modify reservations. They both said they had to wait for a while (especially first thing this morning) but have completed all their resort reservations/modifications.
I am just concerned that your TA has spent 7 hours on hold and never gotten through :scared1:

She's a close friend and she's beyond frustrated so I know it's nothing fishy. She was on hold 5.5 hrs and had to hang up. Then called back and on hold another 2 hrs. Her assistant has also been on hold almost the entire day and neither have talked to an agent yet. I've seen FB posts from other TAs who have reported being on hold for 4 plus hrs. Not sure what's making the difference between some getting through right away. But, when it's taking hours it's scary to think about hanging up, calling back, and starting all over again.

She's a close friend and she's beyond frustrated so I know it's nothing fishy. She was on hold 5.5 hrs and had to hang up. Then called back and on hold another 2 hrs. Her assistant has also been on hold almost the entire day and neither have talked to an agent yet. I've seen FB posts from other TAs who have reported being on hold for 4 plus hrs. Not sure what's making the difference between some getting through right away. But, when it's taking hours it's scary to think about hanging up, calling back, and starting all over again.

I don't know either, but I would pick up the phone or go online and book myself. If she is a friend, she will understand:)

I don't understand the whole hod thing either?? I just called Disney and had a rep in a under 3 minutes from the time I dialed. Thought it was a fluke so I tried again, got right through. Could you book online and then cancel with her

The TA line is completely different from the regular Disney lines.

I don't know either, but I would pick up the phone or go online and book myself. If she is a friend, she will understand:)

You can't when your original reservation was made by that TA. They are the only ones who can make any modifications to your reservation. And, it would be kind of crappy to have them work for 6 months on your reservation and you swoop in and knock them out of the picture. They would get no compensation for their work. The burden should be on Disney to not let their TAs sit on hold for 7 hours.

You can't when your original reservation was made by that TA. They are the only ones who can make any modifications to your reservation. And, it would be kind of crappy to have them work for 6 months on your reservation and you swoop in and knock them out of the picture. They would get no compensation for their work. The burden should be on Disney to not let their TAs sit on hold for 7 hours.

The suggestion was to make a NEW reservation with free dining. At least you would have that to fall back on.

It's YOUR money and YOUR vacation.

However, being that the TA is a friend that could make things uncomfortable for all.

You could have done it on the DL and then cancelled.

So does anyone know if it shows on MDE app the free dining promo? I booked through a TA and she told me my total and I can see that my resort has been updated (previously sports and now CBR) but I can't tell that I have free dining. Any suggestions?

So does anyone know if it shows on MDE app the free dining promo? I booked through a TA and she told me my total and I can see that my resort has been updated (previously sports and now CBR) but I can't tell that I have free dining. Any suggestions?

It should. Does it have any dining?

Mine says:

MYW Pkg + FREE Quick Service Dining

A friend previously paid for CRT. Can she request a refund for that now that she has DDP attached to her reservation?

Actually she just needs to let them know when she arrives at CRT....they will refund her card and take 2 credits per person off her DDP.

The suggestion was to make a NEW reservation with free dining. At least you would have that to fall back on.

It's YOUR money and YOUR vacation.

However, being that the TA is a friend that could make things uncomfortable for all.

You could have done it on the DL and then cancelled.

Im going on 5 hours now. I would hope my clients wouldnt book behind my back and then cancel on me. That would be ****ty. Plus, if they were to do that they would lose the $ paid on travel insurance because thats non refundable and non transferrable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter