Free Dining '09

It is still worth a try, phoning when you get home.

I booked bounceback a full day after returning home. We checked out on the 19th and I called on the 20th. We had some trouble trying to book the bounceback-we were too late (closed) the night before checkout and we left too early in the am to book.

I just checked on the disney website to make sure mine was all correct and I found some errors in it. They listed my niece as 2 when she will be 3 when we go (so I need a ticket for her). I also had the error message for the ticket part. I now know why it is less money than when I priced it out as they didn't charge tickets for my niece.

Our said error also under tickets. I called and my reservations were fine, we also received an e-mail with the details. This week we had AAA take over our Reservations and when I try to see it online it shows as cancelled because I have a new # through AAA.

It is JMO but since they have rooms available Christmas week of this year with Free Dining and I do not see the economy getting any better I feel they will offer some really, really good deals next year.

I hope we can afford to go too!

Slightly Goofy (but good with money)

Actually, we got an email offer last week from Disney offering free dining in December, of course we cant go (I cant imagine getting decent ADR's at this point either), but my thought was that business must really be off for them to be sending out this offer. Pretty sure that well see it again in aug/sep, maybe with more extended dates!

Is that the one that ended 12/23?

We are goign 12/24...no FD, but I got some good ADR, FYI. =)
I am looking forward to FD in AUG SEPT.
When I called CRO to modify my tickets to AP + DDP, I told him we were going again in SEPT was hoping for FD. He said "we will let you know about that.....Hope he wasn't just pulling my chain..

Got the pin code on the 1st and its actually a better deal than just free dining, with three possible dates, here is some of the verbage from the offer without posting the whole thing. I just dont see how anyone could take advantage on such short notice, but it is a pretty good deal! Anyway, what follows is the offer

Enjoy a 4-Night/5-Day Package at select Disney Value Resorts, including Theme Park tickets and Free Disney Dining Plan for just
$63*
a day, per person
based on a family of 4.

Available for stays most nights 9/28/08-10/11/08, 11/9/08-11/22/08 and 12/14/08-12/20/08 in a standard room.
Ask about other lengths of stay, Resorts and room types (including Disney

Oh you LUCKY duck, you.
I have never gotten a pin or a code letter, but I sure can dream!!

CONGRATS....

We booked FD BB for Sept 2009 for 5 nights and the entire family (4 of us). I was now thinking of using this trip as a 10 year anniversary and leaving the little ones behind. I asked my DU TA but he was not familiar with the BB rules.

Does anyone know if I can remove the kids and still keep my BB promotion and what is the min # of days we need to stay to keep the FD. If I leave the kids, I need a sitter (meaning I have to shorten our stay).

Any help is great.

Thanks.

I see zero chance of free dine extended past 10/24. Youre lucky it was extended that far to start, the last free dine person will check out on oct 4 so thats 3 weeks farther then it should have been

Yes you can remove the kids, you can change every aspect of the res as long as the resort is available for your dates. Just have your TA call and remove them. The min. stay is 3 nights

You can book a package with dining now and when the offer is released just call back and tell them to modify it to the free dining offer

Is this something that is advertised, the free dining plan, that is? We are planning on going Sept 09 for our first time, and as a first timer I am not sure what I am supposed to be looking for for the free dining plan. Any tips here? My wife is just getting out of University before we go, so any $$ we can save the better. We were thinking of staying at one of the value resorts, does the free dining plan (one quick service, one sit down) apply to these resorts. Sorry if these are all rookie questions, I am just getting into learning the ropes now, so any advice you veterans can give me is very much appreciated.

Thanks
CD72

Is this something that is advertised, the free dining plan, that is? We are planning on going Sept 09 for our first time, and as a first timer I am not sure what I am supposed to be looking for for the free dining plan. Any tips here? My wife is just getting out of University before we go, so any $$ we can save the better. We were thinking of staying at one of the value resorts, does the free dining plan (one quick service, one sit down) apply to these resorts. Sorry if these are all rookie questions, I am just getting into learning the ropes now, so any advice you veterans can give me is very much appreciated.

Thanks
CD72

Yes it is advertised....usually in early April, so be sure to check these boards as the folks here seem to know about it before I get my emails from Disney, lol.

Typically, they offer it first to Disney VISA holders (so you might consider applying for the card), then sometimes to the Annual Passholders before the General Public. The price is typically the same for all groups, but of course the rooms are limited so being able to call first means a better selection of room availablity. The offer usually ends in late June, but by then the only thing left is the super expensive deluxe rooms, lol.....so you definitely want to call whenever your category is first announced.

Now, of course, this is all subject to Disney's whims, so it's probably best to watch the boards from now until then, because they could pull a surprise and announce it early (or late). As an example of surprises....for as long as they've been offering free dining it's always been in August/September/early October, and that's it. This year in August I think it was, they announced new dates in October, and then also announced dates in November and December, which has never ever happened before. BUT...these extra dates were only for Disney VISA holders, so another reason to consider getting the card. I use my card for anything and everything so that I can earn reward dollars to use while I'm there....and getting the free dining freed up hundreds of more dollars for my budget so I'm thrilled. The Disney VISA doesn't have an annual fee, so that's a big plus. I got my card last year in late October or early November while Christmas shopping at Disneyshopping.com...they were offering $50 gift card if you were accepted and used your card once. That alone was worth it, lol. Plus when you go to WDW there is a special meet-greet with characters for Disney VISA holders only and a free photo too.

As for what dining plan will be offered, again, Disney can change things whenever they want of course, but the people who went to free dining THIS year get what's called a "bounce back offer"....meaning while they're at the resort if they book for the following years free dining they not only get the free dining, but they get a room discount usually (the rest of us have to pay rack rate to get the free dining). So based on the reports of bounce back free dining, it appears that the offer is the same as it's always been...the free dining is the basic plan, 1 Table Service, 1 Counter Service and 1 snack per person per night. In 2009 they are introducing a new dining plan called the Quick Service which is 2 Counter Service and 2 snacks (no Table Services), and there was a lot of speculation when it was announced that this would be the new free dining plan, but it doesn't appear to be so at least based on the bounce backs. There is also a Deluxe Dining Plan which is 3 meals a day at your choice of TS or CS and I think it's also 2 snacks and a refillable mug.......and apparently you can upgrade from the free dining to the Deluxe for the difference in price of the two plans, which is in the $32 range I believe.

Hopefully that answered your questions without confusing you! I was on these board for about 14 months before our first trip and it was the best time I ever spent.....got to know a LOT about Disney that you can't find in all the guidebooks and brochures out there....and it made it possible for us to save a lot of money and enjoy things I'd have completely missed without DIS. So stick around and keep reading....and start a file now for all the tidbits that you'll be learning!

Thanks
CD72

If the tradition of the past few years holds true, then free dining will be offered again this September. I stayed at a value resort this past September on free dining. It was great. For '08, it was the 1 TS, 1CS, 1 snack plan. There has been speculation that it will be the new counter service only plan (2 CS, 2 snacks, & a refillable mug) for '09. That is purely speculation. No one will know until the deals are announced for September which usually happens in April. If you book with an agent, your agent should keep checking for the deals and have your package updated to apply the new discount when it is announced. If you would like the name and number of a good agent who will do this for you, I would be happy to supply that information.

thanks both of you for the great info. Is this the right forum to keep checking for the free dining?

chrellis, if you have that TA info, I'll take anything, thanks

subbing for more info!! Where is the best place/way to apply for the Disney visa card.?If I booked room only thru a TA (AAA) would I still be able to get free dining ??

subbing for more info!! Where is the best place/way to apply for the Disney visa card.?If I booked room only thru a TA (AAA) would I still be able to get free dining ??

The rules about free dining for Sept. '08 required that you have a package with at least a one-day park ticket. For the Disney Visa call 1-800-300-8575.

I'd suggest watching the Disneyshopping.com page....right now the offer is a gift card worth $25. When I applied for the card last fall the offer was $50 gift card, but it was only that high amount for a short time, so check often.

Once the general public codes come out (traditionally in April) your AAA agent should be able to use them just like you could yourself. BUT...as someone else pointed out, the free dining is part of a package......typically you are paying rack rate on your room (so no or little AAA discounting happens), and you must buy at least a 1 day MYW base ticket for everyone in the room (3 years or older). I'm an annual passholder but to get the Disney VISA free dining in November I had to buy the 1 day tickets for us, but I'll just save them and use them when my AP expires and use them to upgrade to a new AP. Even with having to buy tickets I don't need right now I saved $700 over my budgeted food, so I see the tickets simply as a investment not expense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter