• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining '09

alexramz1515

Mouseketeer
What do you think the odds are that they will continue to do free dining in August and September of 2009?

What do you think the odds are that they will continue to do free dining in August and September of 2009?
It is already being offered to the UK, so it will be offered to the US but we won't know what dates yet. Also, the UK is being offered the NEW Quick Serivice Plan as the Free Dining Promo for next year. I would pretty much bet that will be the deal for the US next year also.

Free Dining has been a brilliant plan on the part of Disney to fill the crowds during what was previously their slowest season, and hurrican season to boot. And then having the bounceback for free food while the free diners are there in the parks, on their Disney high, well I would call that pure marketing genius. We were there for Free Dining last year and the Free Dining is really bringing in the crowds to Disney in September, which was previously their very slowest season. I'm sure Disney has rewarded the marketing genius who came up with Free Dining. I personally don't see it Free Dining ending anytime in the near future.

I agree with PP. I think Disney will definitely keep Free Dining as an offer during the year. But with economic factors and the new reservation system, I would expect them to offer the Quick Service plan for free dining.

I would definately think they will continue the Free Dining, but like PP's said it will almost postively be the Counter Service Free Dining and then you could add on the TS onto the price like you can do with Deluxe now.

What's the price difference between the CS plan and the regular plan for 2009?

Yes, you can add it on when the code comes out if there is availability at your resort. They only allot so many rooms per resort that will be eligable for the FD promo. The info should be released in early April and will be available to book first by Disney Visa holders for the first 3 days, then it will open to the general public. If you add the code during the first three days then you shouldn't have a problem, but if you book after that there is always the possibility you will have to change resorts or change your dates.

What's the price difference between the CS plan and the regular plan for 2009?
2009 Quick Service Dining $29.99 per adult and $8.99 per child
2009 Basic Dining Plan is $39.99 per adult and $10.99 per child

So, it would be $10.00 per adult difference and $2.00 per child difference.

I understand that the Brits are being offered the regular dining plan if they book deluxe resorts and the counter service dining plan if they book a moderate. The offer doesn't apply to value resorts.

Their dates seem to be August 2 to October 3, 2009 - much longer than this year.

Free Dining has been a brilliant plan on the part of Disney to fill the crowds during what was previously their slowest season, and hurrican season to boot.

Not only that, but it really added buzz to their restaurants, a relative unkown to a lot of folks. A lot of people never knew what Disney had going on there, then went on the free dining plan and discovered this stuff and the buzz about these restaurants has spread like wildfire the past few years.

Pretty amazing. We'll see what the economy is like around the end of Q1 2009 when they would typically offer the free dining. I think if it is pretty much the same as it is now then they'll keep going with it.

Im going on record as saying it will NOT be the cs plan but the regular dining plan. Mark this date.

Hmmmm....and do you have any good reason to believe that?? lol...Do you know something we don't know? I'd love to hear more!! Share please! :thumbsup2

mbanks -

I'm marking this date because it sure would be nice if you were right. We are planning to upgrade to the DxDDP since it'll only be DH and I and we want to do some signature dining...but if they offer the CSDP for free, we might reconsider because of the $42 price difference per person per day.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed!!!
:goodvibes

hAS ANYONE BEEN RECENTLY OR THERE NOW THAT HAS BEEN OFFERED A BOUNCE BACK W/ FREE DINNING FOR 09'?

The only current free dining customers would be residents of Great Britain. Free dining for US residents isn't until 8/24. Will have to wait until after that date to find out if there will be a bounceback offer.

The free dining bounceback has been offered when it will reach current free dining guests - and other than the British, there will not be any free dining guests until August 24.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter