Free Dining '09

So question for you all.. we stayed at the Poly DURING Free Dining this year, but we were not part of Free Dining because we did the land/sea package from DCL. We didn't get a bounceback offer, possibly because we didn't do Free Dining? We did purchase the dining plan for that time though.

Anyway, if I were to call them and ask, do you think they would let me do the bounceback? Just today DH said that I can go ahead and start planning a Disney anniversary trip :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc , and since our anniversary seems to fall right into the Free Dining realm....

Let me know. Thanks! :)

So question for you all.. we stayed at the Poly DURING Free Dining this year, but we were not part of Free Dining because we did the land/sea package from DCL. We didn't get a bounceback offer, possibly because we didn't do Free Dining? We did purchase the dining plan for that time though.

Anyway, if I were to call them and ask, do you think they would let me do the bounceback? Just today DH said that I can go ahead and start planning a Disney anniversary trip :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc , and since our anniversary seems to fall right into the Free Dining realm....

The bounceback notice was not in all rooms for whatever reason, but was available to anyone staying in a WDW resort. You have to be registered yet to book a bounceback. The reason you didn't get the notice doesn't have anything to do with the plan you were on. My room didn't have the notice and my daughter's room did.

I had the bounceback offer in my room but didn't sign up. I thought there was no way we would be able to go again next year, and we were just so busy and tired while we were there, we didn't really have a minute to sit down and think about whether or not we should book the bounceback. As soon as we were home, we started regretting this. So I called Disney to ask if we could book the bounceback anyway. I begged and pleaded. I called multiple times to see if someone might give me a chance. They all said it is not possible to book the bounceback after the fact. The last person I talked to said that even if he were willing to take the risk of breaking the rules for me, the computer will not let him do it. You have to still be active in the computer system in order to book the bounceback. I even asked each person if a superior above him/her would be able to bend the rules, but they all said it was not possible even for a superior.

With that being said, I think you should call and give it a try anyway. Tell them that you didn't get the bounceback offer in your room. Perhaps you will get a different response. If they do let you book, let me know, so that I will know to keep trying. :)

No, you have to book while you are still at the resort. And you could have called from the Polynesian if you'd known the number to call. You do not need to have a flyer in the room.

I am not sure what this is.
Is there a LINK or can someone give me the low down?
Is it for everyone, or just like the codes....you may get one, may NOT.:lmao:
Do you have to pre-book while IN WDW?

TY....

Bounceback is: You are given an offer to book your next stay while you are still at the resort on your present stay.

In this case, if you are at WDW (I think it's still going on now) you may call the designated phone number from your resort room and book a package reservation for next August/September/beginning of October with free dining (regular dining plan at no cost). But you must call from your resort room before you check out.

You have to know what the number to call is. Some rooms have a flyer with the offer on it. Some don't. The offer is available to anyone staying in a Disney-owned resort, but you do have to know what number to call. I don't know the number - I haven't tried to book one.

HOLY MOLY. You are making me shiver all over....:rotfl2:
I hope they have that during our Xmas Stay.
Aug (birthday time) is when I want to go.

No, you have to book while you are still at the resort. And you could have called from the Polynesian if you'd known the number to call. You do not need to have a flyer in the room.

we didn't have the flyer in our room at POP, but I called from home yesterday and was able to book bounceback for next year ... the main difference for my situation is that we were still in the WDW system. Yesterday was our checkout day. According to Disney, we were still in central Florida. LOL.

we didn't have the flyer in our room at POP, but I called from home yesterday and was able to book bounceback for next year ... the main difference for my situation is that we were still in the WDW system. Yesterday was our checkout day. According to Disney, we were still in central Florida. LOL.

Yes, that's what I was told by a cast member as well. Since your dining credits and park tickets are still active for the rest of the day even after you have checked out of your room, you are still in the Disney computer system.

Unfortunately, we are a two-day drive from Disney, so we were still on the road at that point thinking "why in the world did we want to make this drive?" Once we were home and rested was when we started regretting not booking the BB offer. :sad1:

So....when I am at WDW and IF I know the number to call, do I need a CODE or do I just say I want the bounceback?

We are going for XMAS do I am hoping this special is still avaialbel.

So....when I am at WDW and IF I know the number to call, do I need a CODE or do I just say I want the bounceback?

We are going for XMAS do I am hoping this special is still avaialbel.

The deadline for booking the 2009 FD BB is OCT.24th.
So, you would have to be visiting the WDW Resort before 10-24-2008
to book the 2009 FD BB. There may be a different BB or Special while you
are visiting. Otherwise you will have to wait to see if Disney will offer
the FD in April 2009.

Okay, one other question. If I'm not able to get the bounceback offer (which seems likely at this point based on the posts I'm reading), but I want to go ahead and book for next year now.. can I do that, and then when April rolls around and they (hopefully) offer Free Dining, can I ask for it to be applied to my current reservation?

Does that make any sense? I'm sorry if this has already been asked as well.

Okay, one other question. If I'm not able to get the bounceback offer (which seems likely at this point based on the posts I'm reading), but I want to go ahead and book for next year now.. can I do that, and then when April rolls around and they (hopefully) offer Free Dining, can I ask for it to be applied to my current reservation?

Yes, if you book now, you can have the free dining added to your package if/when it is announced. You have to ask to have it applied though. It doesn't just automatically get added. Since I didn't book the BB offer, that is exactly what my agent suggested I do. My agent will watch for free dining for me, and then submit my reservation for the upgrade. The agents seem to hear the rumors of when it will be offered before we know. Do you already have an agent? It doesn't cost anything extra to book through an agent because Disney pays the commission. If you would like the name and number of my favorite agent, I would be happy to pass that info along. I think it is much easier to have my agent up at ungodly hours waiting for the free dining announcement and taking care of that for me than having to stress over it myself.

ok...so I guess I will miss the FD BB when I at WDW for Xmas.
Would a good strategy be to book my room b4 APRIL (to secure my room) and call in APRIl to get the FD added to my room?

I am new to all the wheeling and dealing to get the codes, FD and all that good stuff.

I can't say "Yes" or "No" on this one because not for sure but have
read of others who have done this in the past.
It is worth a try.

I have a feeling that it will be offered again in April because it
has been for the last few years. We are also hoping for this offer
for our extented Family who would like to join us this next year.
Keep checking on Disboards come March for the rumors.
Disney Visa Card holders get the first notice a week before general public.

Okay, update.. I called yesterday and spoke with a reservations CM. She said I could book my stay now, and that in JUNE when FREE DINING IS ANNOUNCED, I can call back and have that added to the package.

Just passing the word along.. she clearly said "June."

Okay, update.. I called yesterday and spoke with a reservations CM. She said I could book my stay now, and that in JUNE when FREE DINING IS ANNOUNCED, I can call back and have that added to the package.

Just passing the word along.. she clearly said "June."

She may have said June, but if I were you I'd start looking for the free dining codes in April....which is the time that they have been released for several years now. They usually are announced in April and the offer ends in June, but by June there are typically NO value or moderate rooms available and the deluxe are the higher end rooms, not the cheaper deluxes.....so waiting too long may mean that you don't get the room choice you wanted and thus the cost to upgrade to a room that is available kinda negates the free part of free dining, lol.

Or...hey, go ahead and wait until June, leaving that room available for someone else to snag early, lol. (kidding)

She may have said June, but if I were you I'd start looking for the free dining codes in April....which is the time that they have been released for several years now. They usually are announced in April and the offer ends in June, but by June there are typically NO value or moderate rooms available and the deluxe are the higher end rooms, not the cheaper deluxes.....so waiting too long may mean that you don't get the room choice you wanted and thus the cost to upgrade to a room that is available kinda negates the free part of free dining, lol.

Or...hey, go ahead and wait until June, leaving that room available for someone else to snag early, lol. (kidding)

I hope you're right.. I don't want to wait that long. I'm not very patient about things like this.

I hope you're right.. I don't want to wait that long. I'm not very patient about things like this.
The general public free dining offer will come out in the Spring, usually the first week of April. If you wait until June to add the free dining code to your reservation, you will most likely miss out on the free dining promo for next fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter