• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First a Little Pomp & Circumstance,then a Whole Lot of Disney Dining! COMPLETE

I agree on the live Le Cellier update, their filet is fantastic! Too bad no ressie this time, if I feel like a steak may try Shula's or my old fav YM. I suspect already many changes to the dining schedule once we get there :rotfl2:

Update from Alice BlueBonnet, reporting live from the Detroit Airport...​

Brief update!

We are at the airport happily eating our Earl of Sandwich, however....

I just realized I somehow left my comp park tickets at home :confused3. These tickets are how we are affording this trip, so I am furious with myself.

I'm going to have my friend take pictures of the front and back of them, along with the letter and hope for some Disney magic when I get down there with customer service....otherwise I'm going to have to pay to upgrade our 2 day base tickets we had to buy for free dining to 8 day water parks and more tickets. I'm such an idiot :(

Oh, and our plane is delayed lol.

But, I'm going to the most magical place on earth, so :banana::banana::banana:

TTFN, I've got a plane to catch!

C868DB3F-5E3B-4B08-8CE4-EF53EBE28D2E-836-000001DABBAAC848_zps08d3bd1c.jpg

Earl of Sandwich - Detroit Airport

B133165C-BD8E-4BBD-ADE8-274E42E8429D-836-000001DABE87F701_zps4e6d485d.jpg

All American - roast turkey, buttermilk ranch, cranberries, cheddar cheese, lettuce, and roma tomato.

FDA9F887-11B3-4165-8597-B9E0AA109FB4-836-000001DAC1319A94_zpse8cbaced.jpg

The Earl's Club - roast turkey, smoked bacon, Swiss cheese, lettuce and roma tomato and sandwich sauce.

And for dessert...

E4F1A1F5-79A5-4F9B-BE9E-75648A096E16-836-000001DABC8FC4BC_zpsf90c064b.jpg

"This not only looks likes, but tastes just like the food at DTD's Earl of Sandwich. DELISH!" :thumbsup2

NOTE from jabead: If you are teacherjmc, gardengirl628, SweetSpot, nessz79, CupcakeLisa, ksack, Krissalee, AeroKU, or ses1230...please see this post.

My DH and I are traveling to Disney from Sept. 26 - Oct. 1. We are staying at the BC CL to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary and also a Babymoon. Our first baby is due in December! :goodvibes

My DH and I are traveling to Disney from Sept. 26 - Oct. 1. We are staying at the BC CL to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary and also a Babymoon. Our first baby is due in December! :goodvibes

Hi MiaBella! :wave2:

First of all, CONGRATS!!! :goodvibes And thanks for your trip info. I'll get you updated on my list. Are you by chance planning to do a Dining Report later? Or interested in texting in any "live" from Disney World updates?

No worries if you're not, just wanted to include it with your trip info if you were. ;)

Ginamarie & Family had lunch today at the Contemporary Resort's...

Contempo Cafe​

4447F199-7D93-40BA-871F-0D165F5CB12B-836-000001F3F8D6A653_zpse19904a6.jpg

Hot Turkey Sandwich topped with Brie, green apples and arugala on Challah bread & Pepperoni Flatbread

Ginamarie said, "I had the sandwich and it was very good...a nice light selection for a hot day!" :thumbsup2

EAC58A80-C0FD-475F-ACAC-FECD1F65736E-836-000001F3FE04B4A2_zps4d627e04.jpg

Bacon Cheeseburger with French Fries

And for their desserts...

1EC3B609-5681-4D7C-8FAB-CF4EA1EAB67C-836-000001F402AE078E_zps4cb89c12.jpg

Worms and Dirt & Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cupcake

2A3273D2-5710-4848-80FC-8AFB29804656-836-000001F407AD8455_zps2c3bb6bb.jpg

Apple Spice Cupcake with Apple and Craisin Filling

Ginamarie said, "Cupcakes were huge and we split them up."

NOTE from jabead: If you are teacherjmc, gardengirl628, SweetSpot, nessz79, CupcakeLisa, ksack, Krissalee, AeroKU, or ses1230...please see this post.

Ginamarie's live updates from yesterday, Le Cellier (lunch) & Tutto Italia (dinner)...those are are ADRs for Christmas!

That filet looks so yummy right about now :hyper:

Alice BlueBonnet & Snow have arrived at the All Star Music Resort, where they got this from the...

Intermission Food Court

photo2_zps680860ac.jpg

Pepperoni Pizza

Alice said, "I know some people hate this pizza but I love it. :laughing: It tastes like Disney. :)
This one was a bit too saucy though."

photo3_zps8c0479e6.jpg

Alice said, "Also, since we added an extra night, we don't have our mugs yet. So it was cheaper to buy a 2L in the store for $3.75 than individual drinks for each of us."
(Good tip, Alice! :thumbsup2 )

I am SO getting one of the Peanut Butter cupcakes from contempo! They sound SO good!

How late is contempo open? Will I be able to get one AFTER dinner at California Grill or should I stop in a different time?

So being at Downtown Disney, Alice BlueBonnet & Snow had to stop in at...

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop

image_zps1d720956.jpg

The Gold Rush - Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with freshly homemade hot fudge and melted peanut butter (plus banana) throughout.
Topped with whipped cream, chopped almonds, a cherry and Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Squares

Ginamarie & Family were at the Polynesian Resort tonight having dinner at...

'OHANA

2D658691-C315-4410-9C44-9C47F86F4035-836-0000022729EC2EAA_zps9e0180dc.jpg

'Ohana Welcome Bread (Pineapple-Coconut Bread)

F570BC28-3A69-48AC-93CD-9C0824734353-836-000002272D7BD437_zps82df2d2e.jpg

Mixed Greens with a honey-lime dressing

8E6917B4-7AE3-4943-897A-CFE585582040-836-00000227322E0E8C_zpsb0ce2da3.jpg

Honey Coriander Chicken Wings and Pork fried dumplings (plus an anxious baby hand ;) )

Ginamarie said, "We also had noodles, mixed veggies, and skewers, but the camera was off taking pictures of the kids. The skewers were chicken (delicious and better/more moist and flavorful than I remembered), Asian Barbecued pork (good and a little spicy), sirloin steak (so good!, I would have eaten more but was stuffed), and spicy peel-n-eat shrimp (wonderful, I loved the spicy kick in these which was enough to add some heat without making it too spicy for the kids)"

And then of course, for dessert was...

CAB56BB5-F848-4446-B127-A816159B7A36-836-0000022737A46E9D_zps2394e137.jpg

The Famous 'Ohana Bread Pudding served a la mode with Bananas and Caramel Sauce

:wave2: Hi Barb! Getting caught up... thanks for sharing some lovely food reviews from your live Disers. Love the "anxious baby hand" :)

BTW: Loved the photo in Tracy's review of your DDs texting in Rome! Classic! :p

Emailing my pics would probably be much easier - if you are happy to work with my emailed photos that would make life much easier. Now fingers crossed for great wifi

Emailing your photos would not be a problem for me. I want these "live" updates to be as fun and easy as possible for you reporters, as after all...you are the ones who are on vacation! :thumbsup2

I'll send you a PM with my email address! :)

The accompaniments are what make that dish superb! I'll have to dream about it again now until we can go back again. (next year?)

You are doing an awesome job of "live" reporting, Ginamarie! I'm so glad that we have another whole week of updates to look forward to from you! :cool1:
And I can't wait to see what you will be sending our way today! :thumbsup2

Wow, those dishes from tutti look fantastic! Wish I was there right now...

Speaking of which, I'm now working on getting "live" reporters for November. If this thread survives until December, would you be interested in joining the team? :)

I suspect already many changes to the dining schedule once we get there :rotfl2:

Sounds like we might be in for some surprise "live" updates from you...which works for me! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Ginamarie's live updates from yesterday, Le Cellier (lunch) & Tutto Italia (dinner)...those are are ADRs for Christmas!

That filet looks so yummy right about now :hyper:

I sooo need to keep this thread going...at least until your trip in December! ;)

I so enjoy these live reports - it takes me right to Disney :)

Hmmm...I'm thinking a "live" update from you and Brenda during your DIS meet next month at Disneyland??? :scratchin And you could throw in some food pics too, I guess! :rotfl:

I am SO getting one of the Peanut Butter cupcakes from contempo! They sound SO good!

How late is contempo open? Will I be able to get one AFTER dinner at California Grill or should I stop in a different time?

It seems that Contempo Cafe is open until midnight, but not sure if the cupcakes last that long. That's maybe a question that DDW could answer???:confused3

:wave2: Hi Barb! Getting caught up... thanks for sharing some lovely food reviews from your live Disers. Love the "anxious baby hand" :)

BTW: Loved the photo in Tracy's review of your DDs texting in Rome! Classic! :p

Hey Brenda! Glad to see that you managed to survive your week in that awful place! :scared: :lmao:

Oh, and please see my comment to Linda! ;)

Alice & Snow are at Magic Kingdom today and...

"What is a trip to the MK without a stop at Main Street bakery?"

image1_zpsf0d64d2a.jpg

Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Roll

Alice said, "Sorry, I had already cut it in half for sharing. It was warm and gooey and SWEET, and since we split it, an excellent use of a snack credit!"

Alice & Snow's next stop was in Tomorrowland at...

Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies

image2_zps547ac4bb.jpg

Smoothies Menu

image3_zps41a5bdba.jpg

"Cold and very refreshing strawberry banana smoothies!!"

To quote Snow..."oh emm gee!" :thumbsup2

Hmmm...I'm thinking a "live" update from you and Brenda during your DIS meet next month at Disneyland??? :scratchin And you could throw in some food pics too, I guess! :rotfl:

Hey Brenda! Glad to see that you managed to survive your week in that awful place! :scared: :lmao:

Oh, and please see my comment to Linda! ;)

I LOVE your idea! You know, I have experience with live/combined reviews! :rotfl2: I'm up for this!

Emailing your photos would not be a problem for me. I want these "live" updates to be as fun and easy as possible for you reporters, as after all...you are the ones who are on vacation! :thumbsup2

I'll send you a PM with my email address! :)

thanks you're a star pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter