First a Little Pomp & Circumstance,then a Whole Lot of Disney Dining! COMPLETE

I am leaning towards a new thread devoted solely to live reports, maybe starting when F&W starts? Kind of a "new" episode of Disney dining so to speak. And if there are gaps, so be it. We can always resurrect the thread if it falls down a bit.

Curious to see what everyone else thinks ....

I'm a fan of a separate thread too.

Thanks for putting this all together no matter what the decision is!

Jill in CO

I am leaning towards a new thread devoted solely to live reports, maybe starting when F&W starts? Kind of a "new" episode of Disney dining so to speak. And if there are gaps, so be it. We can always resurrect the thread if it falls down a bit.

Curious to see what everyone else thinks ....
I like that idea. :) Considering the menu changes that took place on Wednesday, and the onslaught of Food & Wine fun that's about to start, it feels like a good time to transition to a new thread.

Alice & Snow spent the day today at DHS, where they had a pre-park opening breakfast at...

Hollywood & Vine Play 'n Dine

Alice said, "We arrived at the park at 7:45 and were seated at 8:25. The wait to check-in outside the park was LONG." :(

image14_zps58ca3c59.jpg

image15_zps6df8af59.jpg

Alice said, "We actually enjoyed this buffet. Snow didn't like the eggs, they were liquidy and oddly moist. The potato casserole was delish. And I got my tater tots!! The food was standard fare, the fruit was fresh and I enjoyed my oatmeal. And we both loved the juice blend here." :thumbsup2

Note from jabead: Everyone please see my POST regarding the future of this thread and voice your opinion. Thank you! :)

For lunch, Alice & Snow had the Fantasmic! Meal Package at...

Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano

Let's start with some menu pics (since the menu seems to be a little different than the current online menus)...

image16_zps91f6c197.jpg

image17_zps687c681e.jpg

image18_zps2bb0ce6f.jpg

image19_zps31a51b58.jpg

Bread basket with salt and peppered olive oil.

Alice said, "Bread was warm and standard white. Small pet peeve is the butter was cold and rock hard." :(

image20_zps0b8774af.jpg

Caesar Salad - with crisp romaine lettuce, Caesar dressing and herb croutons

"We both wanted to try and keep this meal as light as possible, so we each started with a Caesar salad."

image21_zpscc4c9baf.jpg

1/2 Order of Oven-baked Chicken alla Parmigiana (Breaded Chicken Breast with Marinara Sauce) and 1/2 Four-Cheese Flatbread (with Asiago, Mozzarella, Provolone, and Pecorino Romano Cheese

"For our mains, we split the chicken parm with penne pasta and the four cheese flatbread. The chicken was very good and moist. The sauce had a bit of kick that we both enjoyed. We left most of the pasta on the plate, not because it was bad but because we were pacing ourselves." :laughing:

"The flatbread was actually quite good, we enjoyed the blend of cheeses. I would have preferred a slightly more cooked crust, but still would order it again."

image22_zpsb4005c2d.jpg

Dessert Sampler

"Dessert was a sample plate (sadly). We had tiramisu, chocolate amarettini cheesecake, panna cotta with a blueberry topping and a tart with a Nutella topping that had a cream filling and somehow a strong orange flavor?" :confused3

"We both liked the tiramisu and the chocolate cheesecake. Snow liked the Nutella more than I did, but unless it's real fruit, I don't like fruit and chocolate. We both did NOT like the panna cotta but that's probably personal taste."

Note from jabead: Everyone please see my POST regarding the future of this thread and voice your opinion. Thank you! :)

Then for dinner, Alice & Snow dined at...

SCI-FI DINE-IN THEATER RESTAURANT :car:

First some menu pics...

image28_zpsa34d720f.jpg

image30_zps512adab3.jpg

image32_zpsb1e5eec8.jpg

image33_zps479d3780.jpg

image23_zps7979e14f.jpg

Fried Pickles (both spears and chips)

image24_zpsd0e4d552.jpg

Spinach and Artichoke Dip - A blend of Monterey Jack, swiss, and parmesan with spinach, artichokes, and corn tortilla chips

Alice said, "I LOVE that you can get cherry syrup in the pop here! :thumbsup2 Our apps were the fried pickles and the artichoke and spinach dip. I really enjoyed the fried pickle chips over the spears, as did Snow. We both thought the dip was really good, although I do prefer a pita with my dips over nacho chips. We finished the dip but not the pickles."

"For dinner, we both had the angus burger. Snow had hers with sweet potato fries, a substitution they willingly did.
Umm...I forgot to take photos of this, I'm sorry, we were so into the ambience of the place that we were halfway through before I remembered!" :worried:

image25_zps9ed58a3f.jpg

Apple Crumble

"For dessert, Snow had the Apple Crumble. She said it was excellent, but was not exactly what she expected. There was no crunchy crumble on top. It was apples cooked in almost a pastry shell with a soft crumble on top."

image26_zpsa958edd6.jpg

Peanut Butter-Chocolate Cake - Warm chocolate cake with a creamy peanut butter center served a la mode

"I had the peanut butter chocolate cake. YUMMY!!!! I love peanut butter and chocolate, and this was good. The cake was warm and moist, the peanut butter was not overwhelming and the ice cream was the perfect amount. I also loved the crunchy addition of the Reese's pieces sprinkled around."

"Our waiter was a sweetie and gave us diet coke with cherry syrup in a To-go cup for Fantasmic. So all in all, an excellent meal and we would both return in the future." :thumbsup2

And one last update tonight from Alice & Snow...

image27_zps96f3bc92.jpg

Carrot Cake Cookie

Alice said, "I know it's been reviewed a million times already, but I snagged a carrot cake cookie using a snack credit on the way out of the park. And even though we were both stuffed, we wanted to try a bite when it was fresh.
Let me just say, this cookie has not been oversold on here, it is SO GOOD!!!! :thumbsup2

It's nice to see the updated Mama Melrose's menu. The new oak-fired mussels sound good, as does the new seafood arrabbiata. :thumbsup2

I tend to agree with the others, starting the new "live" thread for F&W sounds like perfect timing.

Just let us know where to go...we will follow! Gotta have our daily food pics :)

BTW, CARROT CAKE COOKIE!! On my "must try" list of snacks :thumbsup2

Sounds great! :thumbsup2 Have you two set a date yet for your DIS meet? 'Cause I'd like to add it to my list, of course! ;) :rotfl:

Yes, Saturday October 27th.

And I see the votes are already rolling in but I agree with a new separate thread for the live updates. :)

Thanks Barb!

Alice has emailed me some pics of the menu from Sci-Fi Dine-In. It looks likes there are some changes. I'll go back and add these to her update from last night.

Thanks Alice! :thumbsup2

Ginamarie & family were at Animal Kingdom yesterday and had lunch at...

Restaurantosaurus

1DF7E6CD-0F8D-46AB-B064-E675A4876356-2669-000003825B689C80_zpsa95098ca.jpg

Chicken Breast Nuggets - 8 pieces served with choice of apple slices or fries
Mac 'n Cheese Hot Dog (I couldn't find this on any menus, so maybe this is new???)
Chocolate Mousse x 2 for dessert!

Ginamarie said, "The nuggets were surprisingly good-white meat and juicy. The hot dog was also good.
We were disappointed to see the shrimp po boy off of the menu though."

For dinner, they were back at the Sassagoula Floatworks food court at their resort, POFQ. ( sorry no pictures)

Ginamarie said, "We had a chicken quesadilla that was really good! Cheesy and full of large chicken chunks.
It was oddly served with baked beans though." :confused3

"Also had fried chicken, which is still the hubby's favorite. Always hot, fresh, and nicely seasoned."

"And for dessert, a very good brownie and two scoops of chocolate ice cream...so good! :thumbsup2 I couldn't finish the ice cream, but put the leftovers in a cup so it would make a milkshake for today." ;)

Note from jabead: I was able to find a couple of Sassagoula menu pics online which show the items that Ginamarie & family chose.

SassagoulaMenu_zps82620f10.jpg

SassagoulaMenu2_zps86ae89cd.jpg

Today Ginamarie & family are at Magic Kingdom, where they had breakfast at...

Main Street Bakery

3D3B96AE-29B8-4E39-8FCC-59EC675CE729-2726-0000038E28D027BF_zpsd4fc9b31.jpg

Iced Mocha, Crumb Cake, Yogurt Parfait, and a Cinnamon Roll

Ginamarie said, "MAIN STREET BAKERY ROCKS!!!" :cool1:

Main street bakery.....YUM!! Im never going to make it till May :rotfl2:
I love this thread and I will follow whether it's stays or becomes new!
Thank you for doing all this :goodvibes

For dinner, they were back at the Sassagoula Floatworks food court at their resort, POFQ. ( sorry no pictures)

Ginamarie said, "We had a chicken quesadilla that was really good! Cheesy and full of large chicken chunks.
It was oddly served with baked beans though." :confused3

Note from jabead: I was able to find a couple of Sassagoula menu pics online which show the items that Ginamarie & family chose.

SassagoulaMenu_zps82620f10.jpg

SassagoulaMenu2_zps86ae89cd.jpg
[/CENTER]

My extremely picky DD survived on the chicken quesadilla at POFQ. One would last her for a couple days. She ate them for breakfast and if she found nothing to eat at the park that day when we got back in the room. She would just heat it up in the food court microwave. They are much larger than pictured on the menu. It was so stuffed with chicken and cheese and very filling. Also, the beans and rice would never have been eaten by her so we asked to substitute their homemade chips and it was no problem.

The brownies are also the best on WDW property. The main street bakery use to have the best but these were amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter