• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FEBRUARY 2008 WDW travelers post HERE!!!

FYI- for those that will be there for Feb 1-the 180 days out day is August 5th- get up early if you are wanting ressies at Cindy's!

I will update these sorts of things as time goes on... counting, wishing... kids counting months right now! Less than 11 months!

Thanks Lori, that will be a big help!

planning first week of feb 08, the peak season rates this year jumped up after feb 14 to mid april. so definetly consider going before valentines day!

I'd like to jump in on this one. We've just decided this is the timeframe we are returning. Have not decided about an AP and no AAA so wondering about general public codes. Wanting to stay deluxe this time, for the first time! Our dates are 2/2-2/10 and hoping to be booked by the end of this month.

We will also be at Disney during Mardi Gras, February 1-10. We are from south Louisiana, about 3 hours west of New Orleans. We chose this time because the kids are on vacation and the crowd level should be low(I hope). What are your childrens ages? Maybe we can stay in touch until February?

Crystal

We'll be there 2/8 through 2/16 - just haven't booked yet. I think I'll call rightnow! We skipped this past february & did the Disney Cruise instead (totally awesome BTW) - so I am in desperate need of my Disney fix!! :goodvibes

Well I just booked (room only) CSR!!!! Now for code watching for the next 11 months!!!!

Hey Crystal, Where are you from? Lafayette? We're from Houma/Thibodaux area. I have 5 yr.old DD and a 2 yr.old DS. I just joined Disboards in January and I'm not sure about how to pm, but if you know how, you can pm me. :goodvibes

There were NOT any general public code discounts this year for this timeframe.

Mousesavers.com's page on historical code release dates states that there was a code released for packages (although no room-only codes) during this time period for 2007.

From mary's web site:

check-in dates: 1/1/07-3/8/07
package discounts for general public
released: 11/2/06, exp 12/16/06

Was the code for nothing significant?

We did go this past Feb, did the cruise instead, so I wasn't watching like I normally would have been!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for something good as my baby has turned 3. My budget just jumped!! :eek:

Subscribing.

I'm actually thinking of going from Jan. 30th-thru Feb. 6th. But, that's so far away, I am flexible, but...Feb. 5th is Mardi Gras, but it's also OUR 25TH ANNIVERSARY!! So, I'm planning on being in the World sometime around then.

does anyone with more experience on the boards know if there is a thread like this for January 2008? where I might find it or if I just try to start one?

I just read through this and it is so helpful! and fun to think of communicating with others going at the same time.

any help or info?

we are looking at last 2 weeks in January. . .

Yea, :cool1: I can finally join this thread. We went to Disney November 2006 (Thanksgiving) and sadly my DH wanted to wait to go back until Mardi Gras 2009. :sad2: Anyway, with a little persuading on my part :rolleyes: we're goint back next Mardi Gras! . We will be there February 2 - 8. Now the decision of where to stay begins with the added bonus ...it's value season and not peak.

YAY! I am so glad our thread is getting bigger-that means it is getting closer(even though we still have 10 more months!). You have no idea how badly I want this year to go by quickly. DD9 will be off chemo for 5 years next march(2008) and although i KNOW they will NEVER tell us she is cured and I KNOW my mind will never be COMPLETELY at peace-but if it is at 80% peace, that is GREAT! I just pray every day for another pain free, cancer free,anxiety free, healthy day! This trip is long coming for us and I will probably cry the whole time. Going to visit Give Kids the World too.

There will be lots of Mardi gras folk heading that way next year!-Lori

We will also be at Disney during Mardi Gras, February 1-10. We are from south Louisiana, about 3 hours west of New Orleans. We chose this time because the kids are on vacation and the crowd level should be low(I hope). What are your childrens ages? Maybe we can stay in touch until February?

Crystal

We are in Covington and my DD's are 9 and 7. Hopefully crowds will be lower than in 2005- but we'll see! Just had some cousins confirm that they are meeting us there! CANNOT WAIT!-Lori

BTW -my Disney Land trip report is done-go to the DL boards

I am also going in Feb we are staying at Fort Wilderness from 2/5-2/15!!! :woohoo: We were there for Pres week in 2007 so I hope the crowds will be lighter at this time of Feb:yay:

Hey Crystal, Where are you from? Lafayette? We're from Houma/Thibodaux area. I have 5 yr.old DD and a 2 yr.old DS. I just joined Disboards in January and I'm not sure about how to pm, but if you know how, you can pm me. :goodvibes

We are also from Louisiana...Houma area....usually go to DISNEY for Mardi Gras, but this year we are going for Thanksgiving....But my inlaws are going for Mardi Gras 2008...i am looking for codes for them so hopefully something comes out! We went for Mardi Gras in 2005....lot of people from Louisiana there at that time...and it was crowded! Went in June 2006....too hot...too crowded...never again...lol
Good to see more people on these boards from Louisiana!

We are also from Louisiana...Houma area....Good to see more people on these boards from Louisiana!

crys5 we have a Metro New Orleans Thread on the Community Board. All Louisiana people, one who now lives in Florida but originally from NO. A really nice bunch of ladies. Why don't you stop by. We don't only chat about New Orleans we talk about our lives, our trips and oh so much about food. Come on over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter