Feb 2009 code watch

the question my kids keep asking is, will it be warm enough to swim? We have been there in December and they have swam, not sure about the first week of Feb.

My kids have swam just about everyday the last three Februarys. We have even gone to the water parks

I have a question regarding the $200 gift card. I asked here, called Disney (x2), and asked my TA about using the gift card toward tips, etc. by having things billed to my room and paying off the night before we leave (which I know you can do w/ Visa reward $). I have gotten two answers saying "yes" and 2 saying "no". My first thought would be to go w/ what Disney CMs said.... but they both told me something different. Anyone gottne a clear answer on this?

the question my kids keep asking is, will it be warm enough to swim? We have been there in December and they have swam, not sure about the first week of Feb.

This depends a lot on the weather and what kind of temps you can stand. I thought it was too chilly, but lots of people were swimming. I find the weather to be pleasant enough for my family was to spend lots of time at the parks and ride favorite rides repeatedly because the crowds were low and you didn't feel sick from the heat or need to stop and rest. And that was with a 4 yr old and no stroller! Have a great trip!

I have a question regarding the $200 gift card. I asked here, called Disney (x2), and asked my TA about using the gift card toward tips, etc. by having things billed to my room and paying off the night before we leave (which I know you can do w/ Visa reward $). I have gotten two answers saying "yes" and 2 saying "no". My first thought would be to go w/ what Disney CMs said.... but they both told me something different. Anyone gottne a clear answer on this?

Just got of telephone with CM-CM said the only thing that the gift card cannot be used for is to pay your resort reservation.......which mine is due 45 days prior anyway, but he said it can be used to pay for charges put on your room-no matter what the charges are for!!!

Just changed our ressie-now have 2 ressies, 2 rooms at POP (2 $200 gift cards too)........more room, more gift cards.....wow!!!!

Just got of telephone with CM-CM said the only thing that the gift card cannot be used for is to pay your resort reservation.......which mine is due 45 days prior anyway, but he said it can be used to pay for charges put on your room-no matter what the charges are for!!!

Just changed our ressie-now have 2 ressies, 2 rooms at POP (2 $200 gift cards too)........more room, more gift cards.....wow!!!!

Thank you :goodvibes . I am going to call again myself (and make sure I get a name)- I also emailed www.disneygiftcard.com the same question and am waiting to hear back from them. (Will also be printing out that reply if it says it is ok to use for room charges- as it seems that there is some confusion.) I will post here with what I find out as well, incase anyone else is interested.

Edited to add--- Directly from email response from Disney:
From: Disney Gift Card Guest Service [mailto:guest.service@disneygiftcard.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:15 PM
To: kyo413@XXXXXXX.net
Subject: Re: Disney Gift Card Usage Questions

Dear Kylla,

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry. The Disney Gift Card may

be redeemed toward payment of tips at Walt Disney World Resort dining

locations or as payment of any charges made to your Disney hotel front

desk (please note the Swan and Dolphin hotels do not participate in this

program).

Please let us know if we may be of any additional assistance.

Sincerely,

Disney Gift Card Guest Service

This was the same answer I got from a reservation supervisor, tonight, as well. I think that there has been a bit of an issue w/ Right hand not knowing what Left hand is doing, on their part, with this new promo. They said that the confusion is coming from the other promo they are running w/ the free admission for your b-day- that if you already have a package booked, and are going to be there on their b-day; they have the option of being given a Merchandise Card, which is only for merchandise, and can not be used on room charges.

(Also forwarded to my TA that told me that it could NOT be used for room charges. LOL)

I just applied the stay 4 nights get 3 free discount to our reservation in Febrary. I am so excited I just saved a bunch for my family. And we even got an extra park pass and he $200 gift card.

We went around Feb. 5-12 in 2007. It was perfect! Crowds were extremely low, basically no rain for the entire week, and I think I wore shorts every day except one. A few days I started with a sweatshirt and shorts, but by lunch or before the sweat shirt was off. I think it would get up to the low 70's every day, but that was it. One day the high was just below 60 and a little cloudy.

The pool- we stayed at AKL and I went swimming one night around 11 p.m. The pool is heated and the air was still fairly warm- probably about 60 degrees. It was SO nice to go swim by myself after carrying our two kids around all day.

We went the last week of Sept this year. If I have a choice, I would rather go in February. September wasn't rediculously hot, but February was just a lot nicer.

I've been to the beach but not Disney the past several years in Feb and the weather varies. Average tends to be in the seventies and sunny most of the time. It's kind of a lottery on if you will get any days in the 80s, whether you go at the beginning of Feb or the end. For the most part as an adult I would slosh through the ocean up to my ankles and that's about it- water too cold. Now there were always kids in the water (unless it was a red tide year). How that relates to pools, I'm not sure. The pool at my mom's place was heated-- but there were no giant slides or hidden mickeys so my mom couldn't figure out why I wasn't interested in swimming :confused3 LOL

I've been to the beach but not Disney the past several years in Feb and the weather varies. Average tends to be in the seventies and sunny most of the time. It's kind of a lottery on if you will get any days in the 80s, whether you go at the beginning of Feb or the end. For the most part as an adult I would slosh through the ocean up to my ankles and that's about it- water too cold. Now there were always kids in the water (unless it was a red tide year). How that relates to pools, I'm not sure. The pool at my mom's place was heated-- but there were no giant slides or hidden mickeys so my mom couldn't figure out why I wasn't interested in swimming :confused3 LOL

From everything I've read as well - it seems to be more a matter of opinion. For us snowbirds from WI - 60-70 is totally fine for swimming in :)

Congrats, we did the same and saved close to $1000 if you throw in the gift card. Plus it is my wifes B-Day, so we will also get a card for that day.

I just applied the stay 4 nights get 3 free discount to our reservation in Febrary. I am so excited I just saved a bunch for my family. And we even got an extra park pass and he $200 gift card.

We went on a Disney cruise the last time the SuperBowl was in Tampa. It also happened to fall during Gasparilla. Although we didn't actually go to the parks, it wasn't at all the nightmare we expected. Even the traffic in Tampa was manageable.

Hi! I just wanted to give a quick heads up that I have just started a new photopass share for late Jan./Early Feb. I headed to the World Feb 1 -4 and would love to have a few others on this share.

Here's the link if you're interested! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post28954691

Can't wait to see a few other DISers there!

TIA! :wizard:

We're off to the World--Feb 7-15th!

Gonna celebrate Valentines day with my honey and two kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter