Favorite Cruise Staff

We were on the Magic last month and I was thrilled to see David and bummed not to see Luke! David is a gem and as two adults without kids, he really makes our evenings in Rockin Bar D super fun. I dread the day when I get on the Magic and he's no longer there! I would have said the same about Luke though, and we survived this last trip without him ;) I was happy to read that he was on the Wonder but it sounds like he's already gone again! :love:

Just got off the Wonder on Thursday. Pikey was there. We loved Christian the cruise director. I did not see Luke.

here's a update about Luke that I got from him on facebook. I just copy and pasted what he told me on facebook.

"well i havn't fully left the company. but we shall see what happens. i am looking forward to trying out some new jobs and looking to get back on tv."

Backtracking a little here, but my favorite cruise staffer of all time would have to be Travis. :cloud9: I cruised with him three times from '05-'07 and he was absolutely wonderful. Then he went and jumped ship (pun intended) for another cruise line. :sad2: Making all future DCL cruises a little less pleasing for the eyes.

I had heard that Luke was just as... physically gifted... and was looking forward to meeting him on the Magic in November, but he had left a few weeks before I boarded. I'll probably never meet him now, which is a shame since I just saw his picture for the first time. (... Wow, I really do have a one-track mind, don't I?) ;) But I wish him luck as he goes on with his career!

Regardless, I really do have a special place in my heart for cruise staff. Favorites on my last cruise were Dave, Trevor, and Ponz. Never met Pikey, but I've heard some awesome things.

Backtracking a little here, but my favorite cruise staffer of all time would have to be Travis. :cloud9: I cruised with him three times from '05-'07 and he was absolutely wonderful. Then he went and jumped ship (pun intended) for another cruise line. :sad2: Making all future DCL cruises a little less pleasing for the eyes.

I had heard that Luke was just as... physically gifted... and was looking forward to meeting him on the Magic in November, but he had left a few weeks before I boarded. I'll probably never meet him now, which is a shame since I just saw his picture for the first time. (... Wow, I really do have a one-track mind, don't I?) ;) But I wish him luck as he goes on with his career!

Regardless, I really do have a special place in my heart for cruise staff. Favorites on my last cruise were Dave, Trevor, and Ponz. Never met Pikey, but I've heard some awesome things.

Travis was great, I met him once in 2005 and he was awesome. Pikey is awesome, I've been on 7 cruises on DCL so far and saw him 5 of the times, so he knows me now:lmao:. Dave was awesome when I met him in 2008 on the Magic and Trevor and Ponz were awesome as well. Since I did a back-2-back got to know Trevor and Ponz well.

Travis was great, I met him once in 2005 and he was awesome. Pikey is awesome, I've been on 7 cruises on DCL so far and saw him 5 of the times, so he knows me now:lmao:. Dave was awesome when I met him in 2008 on the Magic and Trevor and Ponz were awesome as well. Since I did a back-2-back got to know Trevor and Ponz well.

I envy you. It's my life's goal to do a back-to-back. Or... a back-to-back-to-back... or a back-to-back-to-back-to-back. Actually, what I'd really like to do is an entire contract on cruise staff after college, but I'll keep dreaming on that one. ;)

I envy you. It's my life's goal to do a back-to-back. Or... a back-to-back-to-back... or a back-to-back-to-back-to-back. Actually, what I'd really like to do is an entire contract on cruise staff after college, but I'll keep dreaming on that one. ;)

well if you get a chance to do a contract on a cruise ship go for it, at the college club lunch on the cruise Michelle and Jen were telling us they didn't know what they really wanted to do as a job before, but want to try working on a ship out so they tryed it out. They say it is hard work, but if you get a chance do it, because it might be hard but it is great

Being from Australia, we got on really well with Brent. Erica was just about the nicest person we've met, our head server Alex went to extremes to look after our 5yo daughter and Raymond did the best job keeping our stateroom mess cleaned up.

ALEX was the best server ever!!!! He knew our names, drinks,and what we'd like even before we spoke. He was also really funny, he was able to get my dad to put on one of those silly pirate bandanna hats AND take a picture.(not an easy task..lol) Our cruise was 2 yrs ago,but I can still remember Alex.:goodvibes

P.S-The only negative was that he persuaded our whole table to try a bite of escargot. It was SO nasty!lol

DMMarla7860: You are one traveling gal! How are you so lucky to be taking all these cruises? And who is your lucky travel agent? Let me know if you need one, I've got the perfect one for you!! ;) :rotfl:

Just got off OUR ship on Saturday and have to say that Alex & Xenia from Russia (she's waiting for an opening in Palo) were the greatest servers even with our fussy 1 year old :worship:

Dewa Jaya was our stateroom host and he kept our 2 bedroom suite filled with goodies - towel birthday cake & lots of treats :thumbsup2

Can't say enough about Brent and his check your personal navigator speech :rotfl:

Arual is our favorite bartender. He has made our last 2 cruises very special. He is very attentive and knowledgeable.
P1010683.jpg

We also loved our servers Angelina and Jana:
P1010535.jpg

Also pictured is Mikki our Assistant server from our last cruise who we absolutely fell in love with.

Here is Raphael who is the server who works with Mikki who we had last time.
P1010536.jpg

If you have either Angelina and Jana or Raphael and Mikki as a serving team, you will be in great hands.

Leasa (Jamaica) and Nathan (Spain) were our servers and were absolutely great. Alberto (Philippines) and Pascal (France) from Merchandise were great! DS is crazy about pin trading and these two kept on the lookout for pins DS wanted and the rest of us, too. :goodvibes

Ciao Romano is my FAVORITE server! When I first met him, he was actually a server at another table but thought our group was more fun, so each night after dinner he'd come over and teach us napkin folds. Then, when I did the Med cruise he was a server in Palo...he hand delivered choc souffles to our cabin!!!! :love: I'm heading out on the Magic on Saturday and I'm really hoping he's there. :scratchin

Ponz Ponce?????

Thanks DMMarla07860

I think Ponz is just a nickname because that's not his name on facebook. I don't know if I should give out his name here that is on facebook though don't know if he is one of the types who only adds people he knows as friends on facebook, but no Ponz Ponce is not his name on facebook anyway.

Ciao Romano is my FAVORITE server! When I first met him, he was actually a server at another table but thought our group was more fun, so each night after dinner he'd come over and teach us napkin folds. Then, when I did the Med cruise he was a server in Palo...he hand delivered choc souffles to our cabin!!!! :love: I'm heading out on the Magic on Saturday and I'm really hoping he's there. :scratchin

Oh my, if you see him, please ask ihim if he's still there til July-August. Will request him in our upcoming cruise...

:cool1:

Ciao Romano is still in Palo (June 6th MAGIC) - We had him for brunch on Monday morning and we lucked out and had him on Wednesday - SUPER GUY!!! My daughter missed dinner because of a fussy one year old so he wrapped up a chocolate souffle in an aluminum foil swan and sent it back with us to the suite :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter