FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure? We arrive Oct 25th and I'd worked out that our 60 day window opens Aug 26th (or midnight 25th), which would make yours midnight 20th?

** Not saying that I'm right and you're wrong but it's got me confused now.

** Edit - Just clicked on Fastpass + link in my MDE Account and it says I can start making Fastpass selections on Aug 26th .

My MDE account doesn't say when I can start making Fastpass - which is why I was confused about the dates. It does tell me how many days until our trip and when I can start the online check-in process. I didn't buy my park tickets when I made the hotel reservation. Bought them later at Undercover Tourist and then linked them to my reservation. Maybe that's why the Fastpass date isn't showing up in MDE???

12:00 on August 26 is immediately after August 25th ends.

Westfield is correct. 12:00 August 20th is immediately after August 19 ends. Plus, I always plug in the date in question into a time/date calculator.

Yes, but I arrive Oct 25th and can FP+ on Aug 26th. Westfield arrives Oct 20th, so won't be able to FP+ until Aug 21st.

Maybe that's why the Fastpass date isn't showing up in MDE??
I believe that's why. I have tickets linked in my MDE and for my last stay and my upcoming stay in September, I don't recall seeing an MDE reminder. I do only use the app and I don't go in through my browser.

My MDE account doesn't say when I can start making Fastpass - which is why I was confused about the dates. It does tell me how many days until our trip and when I can start the online check-in process. I didn't buy my park tickets when I made the hotel reservation. Bought them later at Undercover Tourist and then linked them to my reservation. Maybe that's why the Fastpass date isn't showing up in MDE???

If you click as if to do your FP+, that's when mine told me the date. In theory, the online check-in date should be the same?

Yes, but I arrive Oct 25th and can FP+ on Aug 26th. Westfield arrives Oct 20th, so won't be able to FP+ until Aug 21st.
@westfield13 ~ my bad! Oj is correct! I ran your dates in timeanddate.com and it is 12:00 Aug 21 so you'll book one day later when the 20th leads into the 21st. Sorry, I had thought you were confused about midnight because some miss their booking by a day. You will be a day early!!

Thanks, @oj01!!

Even though Disney appears to be able to digitally manipulate info within MDEs, it may be safer to wait until you arrive and then do the upgrades. Removing tickets may "undo" your complete reservation and if they rebooked with a new confirmation number I'm not sure how that affects FPs that were made based on the tickets in a package.

When Throwaway Rooms get canceled between 60 - 31 days out from an onsite stay, FPs are deleted. I think waiting until you arrive may be best.
Quick quick follow up question here.... does your opinion on this change if I told you I was only purchasing the AP for one member of my traveling party, and that everyone else would be keeping their existing tickets? I have booked through a TA who told me the tickets could be removed with no issue. Of course, that doesn't mean Disney won't have an issue.....

Thanks again, you have been most helpful on this subject!

This is how my MDE page looks...click on the MAKE SELECTIONS for FP+ and it will tell you the date you can make them. Begins at 12:00 AM eastern time on that date. So, for me, I will be up at 11:00 PM (CDT) on Aug. 16th.

upload_2015-7-30_9-32-28.png

Quick quick follow up question here.... does your opinion on this change if I told you I was only purchasing the AP for one member of my traveling party, and that everyone else would be keeping their existing tickets? I have booked through a TA who told me the tickets could be removed with no issue. Of course, that doesn't mean Disney won't have an issue.....

Thanks again, you have been most helpful on this subject!
What if your TA did this:
Add an AP to the one person. Then, only after the AP was confirmed as linked (wait a day), go in and have the ticket removed.

Because you have a package, full payment may or may not be due soon? Cluelyss, is this for your September trip?

Last edited:
This is how my MDE page looks...click on the MAKE SELECTIONS for FP+ and it will tell you the date you can make them. Begins at 12:00 AM eastern time on that date. So, for me, I will be up at 11:00 PM (CDT) on Aug. 16th.

View attachment 112804
That works when tickets are linked in a package. Valid tickets that are linked immediately open the FP booking window so the "begin" message doesn't show for non-package guests. They always have the ability to book just with a smaller window until they are 60 days out.

Question: DD is too short for Soaring. When I booked FP+ I just booked it for all of us. Well I was going to change Soaring for DD and DH to meet Micket and Pals while I rode Soaring with the boys. But it only gives me the option of other Teir 1 FPs. Can you not change a Teir 1 for a Teir 2?

Question: DD is too short for Soaring. When I booked FP+ I just booked it for all of us. Well I was going to change Soaring for DD and DH to meet Micket and Pals while I rode Soaring with the boys. But it only gives me the option of other Teir 1 FPs. Can you not change a Teir 1 for a Teir 2?
You'll only be able to do Tier 1 > Tier 1. If that's the last FP for your day, they can cancel Soarin' while in the park and get Character Spot as their 4th FP of the day... but you won't know which time may be available.

What if your TA did this:
Add an AP to the one person. Then, only after the AP was confirmed as linked (wait a day), go in and have the ticket removed.

Because you have a package, full payment may or may not be due soon? Cluelyss, is this for your September trip?
Thanks for the follow up, and yes it's for our September trip, which is already paid in full ( if that makes a difference?)

I didn't even think about having my TA purchase the pass, I was just planning to do it myself?

@Cluelyss ~ Because your TA has overseen the package purchase and because there may be dedicated CMs for TAs, that may work better because you are making a change to a paid in full package.

Ask your TA if there are fees involved when making a change to a package within 45 days of arrival.

@westfield13 ~ my bad! Oj is correct! I ran your dates in timeanddate.com and it is 12:00 Aug 21 so you'll book one day later when the 20th leads into the 21st. Sorry, I had thought you were confused about midnight because some miss their booking by a day. You will be a day early!!

Thanks, @oj01!!
Thank you so much Oj and hiroMYhero for figuring this out for me - I really appreciate all your help!

I have an annual pass as well as a resort stay booked for early Sept with new tickets. I have my fp+ booked for our resort stay. We are also going for a week in August. I was able to book fp one day in August but it is not letting me add any more. Was the one day an error or should I be able to book the rolling 7 days for AP as well as the fp+ for the resort stay?

I've searched but I cannot find what I'm looking for. I made our FP+ selections last night, was able to get everything we wanted, even was able to snag A&E for our last day. There is one FP+ ride, 7DMT that I had to get a really late time for us three and I'd like to check singles to see if I could get us earlier in the day. But I cannot figure out how to check for single FP+ for the same ride on the same day but earlier times? I of course do not want to risk losing the 7DMT that I have, late is better than nothing. How do I check for single fp+ for one person without losing our current selection on that ride? Please step by step it as I'm lost.

How do I check for single fp+ for one person without losing our current selection on that ride? Please step by step it as I'm lost.
Go to the FP area of your MDE > Modify FP > Date of FP you want to change > Change FP time > Attraction to be changed > Select one person
Continue on to see if there is an earlier time. The change will not be made unless you have completed all steps and agree to the change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter