FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys is there still the tracker to know if 60 day window is at midnight or 1 am for certain dates? My day is sept 22 so didn't want to stay up till midnight on 21st and then have to wIt another hour.

Thanks!
All FP+ can now be made at 12:00 at the 60 day mark. No more needing to wait for EMHs.

Do MVMCP tickets count as admission media in order to make FastPass Plus reservations for your whole stay?
If linked to your MDE, you can schedule FPs for the day of the MVMCP. The MVMCP ticket is your admission to the park and party at 4:00p. If you want to schedule FPs, try to book between 3:30 - 6:30.

Why the app and not the website? I thought you could modify from the website too?
Very easy to modify from the website if you are making a change for the entire group. I have yet to find a way to search for singles other than in the app.

OK - I hope this is OK on this thread as it is my whole schedule for the morning... Do you all think this will work:

MK - EMH @ 8 AM... HOW EARLY DO WE NEED TO ARRIVE?
....ride 7DMT first
....then to something else??? Recommendations?
10:30 appointment at MK BBB for my DD6
EWTB FP+ from 11:30 - 12:30
12:20 lunch at CRT
PPF FP+ 1:45 - 2:45
A&E FP+ 2:50 - 3:50

Do you see any potential problems with this? Thanks for your help!!!!

:disrocks:

Don't see any problem in any of the timing. For rope drop, we usually try to get there an hour before, but for EMH, you could probably be OK with half an hour. After 7dmt, it depend on what you like. There is Dumbo and Winnie the Pooh or Teacups, depending on how much she likes to do. It should still be pretty easy that early in the morning.

Very easy to modify from the website if you are making a change for the entire group. I have yet to find a way to search for singles other than in the app.

I'm just trying to clarify this for people - you "can" make changes for only part of your group on both the website and the app. Look at my pics below - the first is to just change the time for the attraction you already have; the second is to change for a different attraction. Just uncheck the people you don't want the change to apply to in this case (ie if I actually wanted to change HM for IASW in my example just for me and Eric, I'd uncheck the boxes by Stephen & Royce). HOWEVER...the big difference between this and the app is how it's doing the search. On the website, as far as I can tell (and what I think Cluelyss is referring to) is that in my example there is no way to just see if there is availability for one person. You select the change and it searches for availability for 4 and if it finds it you can select it for 1-4 people. On the app, you pick the people it applies to first - so I can ask it to just search for one person. The availability IS different (I've done this many times) so if you're looking for a smaller number of people to change than you already have booked for, the app is the way to go.

I'm just trying to clarify this for people - you "can" make changes for only part of your group on both the website and the app. Look at my pics below - the first is to just change the time for the attraction you already have; the second is to change for a different attraction. Just uncheck the people you don't want the change to apply to in this case (ie if I actually wanted to change HM for IASW in my example just for me and Eric, I'd uncheck the boxes by Stephen & Royce). HOWEVER...the big difference between this and the app is how it's doing the search. On the website, as far as I can tell (and what I think Cluelyss is referring to) is that in my example there is no way to just see if there is availability for one person. You select the change and it searches for availability for 4 and if it finds it you can select it for 1-4 people. On the app, you pick the people it applies to first - so I can ask it to just search for one person. The availability IS different (I've done this many times) so if you're looking for a smaller number of people to change than you already have booked for, the app is the way to go.

Yes, this exactly. Only if there is availability for your entire group initially can you modify from the website. On the app, however, you can check one by one as @hiroMYhero explained.

If I am reading this correctly if there are 4 in my group we all have to have the same fastpasses, we can't split them 2 and 2. Just making sure I saw it right.

If I am reading this correctly if there are 4 in my group we all have to have the same fastpasses, we can't split them 2 and 2. Just making sure I saw it right.
You can absolutely split up your party. See hiroMYhero's instructions a few posts back, or marciemi's above.

I'm an Annual Pass holder & could use some clarification. If we have:
  • Two upcoming onsite stays: September (8 days of FP already booked) & November,
  • and my 60-day FP window for Nov. opens up just before our September trip happens,
  • will I still be able to book FPs for November?
The first post in this thread says, "Annual Pass (AP) holders can prebook attractions up to 60 days in advance of the beginning of an onsite stay, for a maximum of 7 days or the length of the onsite stay--whichever is greater. As with above, FP+ selections can be made for the entire length of stay."

Are we good to go then, since we have two onsite stays? Or will I need to book for November as we use up our FPs that week in September?

Going to MK and I'm new to FP+. Mk closes at 10pm what is the last window time I can book a FP+?

I was able to a few minutes ago move up my Sept 7DMT time by a few hours! So happy, I think I'll keep it there. It's not as early as I was wanting, but at least it is not at 6 at night. :jumping1:

Don't see any problem in any of the timing. For rope drop, we usually try to get there an hour before, but for EMH, you could probably be OK with half an hour. After 7dmt, it depend on what you like. There is Dumbo and Winnie the Pooh or Teacups, depending on how much she likes to do. It should still be pretty easy that early in the morning.

Thanks Ourgrad86! I appreciate your help! I just hope BBB doesn't go forver...and winds up crunching our time for ETWB!!!

Can I make a hotel reservation with check-in date a few days before my actual check-in date so that I can move my 60 day FP+ selection day earlier? I will then cancel the reservation and keep my true reservation. Is this a good, bad or dangerous idea? Thanks all!

Can I make a hotel reservation with check-in date a few days before my actual check-in date so that I can move my 60 day FP+ selection day earlier? I will then cancel the reservation and keep my true reservation. Is this a good, bad or dangerous idea? Thanks all!
You should just have tickets linked separately and not attached to a package and you'll be able to book for any days that fall into the 60 days + reservation open FP window. You won't need a bogus reservation if you have separate tickets.

For instance, I have an onsite stay in September + separate tickets. I can book FP for today through the end of September.

You should just have tickets linked separately and not attached to a package and you'll be able to book for any days that fall into the 60 days + reservation open FP window. You won't need a bogus reservation if you have separate tickets.

For instance, I have an onsite stay in September + separate tickets. I can book FP for today through the end of September.
I have hotel and tickets booked separately, and both are linked to My Disney Experience. My question is whether I can fake another reservation that has an earlier check in date so that I can book my FP+ earlier, e.g. 65 days before my real check-in time. After I book my FP+, I can just cancel the fake reservation. Is this a practical method?

I have hotel and tickets booked separately, and both are linked to My Disney Experience. My question is whether I can fake another reservation that has an earlier check in date so that I can book my FP+ earlier, e.g. 65 days before my real check-in time. After I book my FP+, I can just cancel the fake reservation. Is this a practical method?
No because FPs that were booked based on a reservation that was then canceled, are now being deleted. You need to take a look at the Throwaway Room thread as that is what you are proposing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter