FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one usually has shorter stand-by wait, Tower of Terror or Rock n’ Roller Coaster (Single Rider)?

I’m going to have a late arrival at Hollywood Studios, after 4pm, mid September. Which of these two should I get a FP+ for?
Single rider at RNRC should be shorter, but why not FP both?

Looking at FP+ Availability for Midway Mania, I'm seeing a block of no availability for Oct 15-19 (71-75 days out). I don't see any ride maintenance scheduled, any ideas?

Think I saw this somewhere but can't remember where. I have a MDE account for an October trip and my FP+ Window opens next week. I have successfully linked my annual pass and my sister also bought passes for herself and her two grown children, and they are on my MDE account. I linked those as well (all on one confirm number) and see messages on the "Reservations" tab saying each person has a park pass linked. I wanted to "practice" this week doing FP+ bookings which I understand you can do as an onsite guest, but when I go to FP+ it only shows passes for myself and my sister but not her kids. It this something that will change when I hit my 60 day Mark or do I need to call WDW technology to resolve? I just want to be certain. Many thanks in advance!

Think I saw this somewhere but can't remember where. I have a MDE account for an October trip and my FP+ Window opens next week. I have successfully linked my annual pass and my sister also bought passes for herself and her two grown children, and they are on my MDE account. I linked those as well (all on one confirm number) and see messages on the "Reservations" tab saying each person has a park pass linked. I wanted to "practice" this week doing FP+ bookings which I understand you can do as an onsite guest, but when I go to FP+ it only shows passes for myself and my sister but not her kids. It this something that will change when I hit my 60 day Mark or do I need to call WDW technology to resolve? I just want to be certain. Many thanks in advance!

Is your sister doing a package? If so, then only hers will show up until the 60 mark (hers show up because she's the lead name on the reservation). This is discussed in bullet point number 3 under Booking Windows and Scheduling in the first post.

Is your sister doing a package? If so, then only hers will show up until the 60 mark (hers show up because she's the lead name on the reservation). This is discussed in bullet point number 3 under Booking Windows and Scheduling in the first post.

No she just bought park-hoppers and is staying with me on DVC points. Thoughts?

No she just bought park-hoppers and is staying with me on DVC points. Thoughts?
I think you need to call. With only one Confirmation Number for 3 passes, you won't be able to schedule FPs for 3 people. Each person has to have a ticket/confirmation number linked directly to them. One Confirmation Number can't be used for all 3.

Last edited:
Mesaboy, thank you for this wonderful resource :goodvibes ! I have been following since the inception of the first thread, it has answered many of my questions and I have been able to answer a few myself. I have one that I haven't seen yet though, and I hope that someone can help me with it.

DS and myself have 5 days remaining on our 10 day NE PH. I have another 10 day ticket to attach to mine, but for DS I plan to just purchase one more day for our 6 day trip. Just can't swing another 10 day NE PH, although UT has some left). I see two options on the web site - MK and non-MK. Is there anyway to set that ticket up in MDE so it will be used on a non-MK day, or do I just pay the extra since I have no idea when it will be used :confused3 ? Since MK is the first and last day, I can't have one first and one last, but not sure if it would let me use it in the middle.

Hope someone knows the answer to this one! Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2

@ougrad86 You can buy the lower priced ticket, add guest "DS Ticket" to your friend list, and link the ticket to DS Ticket. Use the ticket on a non-MK day to enter the park and FP lines.

You can book FPs for this ticket using your open FP booking window. By doing it this way, your non-expiring ticket can be used for all your MK days.

Last edited:
@ougrad86 You can buy the lower priced ticket, add DS Ticket to your friend list, and link the ticket to DS Ticket. Use the ticket on a non-MK day to enter the park and FP lines.

You can book FPs for this ticket using your open FP booking window. By doing it this way, your non-expiring ticket can be used for all your MK days.

On another thread, I was told to be sure to go to Guest Services at the park to make sure the correct ticket is used for the day you want to use it. So, if you don't want your non-expiring day to be used on a day you don't go to the MK, you need to make sure the non-MK ticket is used.

On another thread, I was told to be sure to go to Guest Services at the park to make sure the correct ticket is used for the day you want to use it. So, if you don't want your non-expiring day to be used on a day you don't go to the MK, you need to make sure the non-MK ticket is used.
When linked to a completely separate person (DS Ticket), there is no way it takes a ticket entitlement from DS's non-expiring entitlements.This is the best way to be in charge of your own tickets without going to Guest Relations.

In April, the YC Concierge had no idea how to search for individual FPs for our party of two. He admitted he had never used FPs and MagicBands because he never goes into the park. So, I told him I would book my own FPs and change the times. He had no idea that a person could change to earlier times than what MDE gave. That's when I knew that reassigning tickets was better than Guest Relations.

When linked to a completely separate person (DS Ticket), there is no way it takes a ticket entitlement from DS's non-expiring entitlements.This is the best way to be in charge of your own tickets without going to Guest Relations.

In April, the YC Concierge had no idea how to search for individual FPs for our party of two. He admitted he had never used FPs and MagicBands because he never goes into the park. So, I told him I would book my own FPs and change the times. He had no idea that a person could change to earlier times than what MDE gave. That's when I knew that reassigning tickets was better than Guest Relations.

I guess that's why I was told you have to go to the GS at the park, not the hotel. Also, OP's DS will also have the 5 days left on his N-E PH, so it seems there may be an issue of which tickets of his are used on particular days. ...unless I am misunderstanding, which is quite possible. :rolleyes1

I guess that's why I was told you have to go to the GS at the park, not the hotel. Also, OP's DS will also have the 5 days left on his N-E PH, so it seems there may be an issue of which tickets of his are used on particular days. ...unless I am misunderstanding, which is quite possible. :rolleyes1
Concierges and Guest Relations have the same training for MDE. I trust my own ticket manipulation over a CM.

There's no reason to go to Guest Relations if you reassign your tickets by yourself. If DS has the 5- day N-E ticket and guest "DS Ticket" (or any random name) has the non-MK ticket, there is no way entering the park with the non-MK ticket deducts from DS because DS and "DS Ticket" are two separate guests.

4th Fast Pass question

The 3rd fast pass window starts at 11:15. I have FP for our entire party, but I don't like this ride and won't go on. (There isn't anything else I like and rather than confuse myself, I think I need to take it and "use" it.) My family goes on the ride at 11:15 and I go to the line with them and get my band swiped so that the FP is "used". Do I have to wait until 12:15 to try for a 4th FP, or can I go get one for the whole family while they are riding?

Thank you

In downtown Disney, should you get a magic band first (we're staying off-site), then go to guest relations to retrieve the pass/ticket we had ordered, and at that point Guest relations would link our account to the magic band?

(I'm sure this is somewhere in the past 160 pages...sorry for duplication)

In downtown Disney, should you get a magic band first (we're staying off-site), then go to guest relations to retrieve the pass/ticket we had ordered, and at that point Guest relations would link our account to the magic band?

(I'm sure this is somewhere in the past 160 pages...sorry for duplication)
As soon as you purchase the MagicBands, link the ID #s on the back of the bands to the people in your party. If your tickets are already linked in MDE, you won't have to pick up your tickets. Just use the MagicBands at the entrance tapstiles and FP lines.

If you want the plastic tickets, pick up your tickets and then buy MagicBands. The CM will link the MagicBands to your MDE by using your tickets.

4th Fast Pass question

The 3rd fast pass window starts at 11:15. I have FP for our entire party, but I don't like this ride and won't go on. (There isn't anything else I like and rather than confuse myself, I think I need to take it and "use" it.) My family goes on the ride at 11:15 and I go to the line with them and get my band swiped so that the FP is "used". Do I have to wait until 12:15 to try for a 4th FP, or can I go get one for the whole family while they are riding?

Thank you
Once the 3rd has been used, you can schedule your 4th. If you do not scan your band with them, then you would need to wait for the entire window to expire before scheduling the 4th.

Thanks for all the advise on this thread. I recently did my FP+ reservations and am happy with my selections (even if I'm not happy with the process). ;)

I was worried because I couldn't see my "dad" as he is associated to my mom's account (to whom I am linked). Sure enough, just as written in the first few posts, at midnight on my FP night he appeared and I was able to get FPs for our entire party.

Thanks again for all the information in the first few posts as well as all the users who update this thread and answer all the questions.

I am a little confused. Is the total number of FP+ I can get for either Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom three for my entire ticketed period (e.g. 4 days) ? Or can I get 3 FP+ each day for Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom? Thanks, all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter