FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm afraid when I can book in a week or two, I will accidentally hit "cancel" instead of "modify"!!! Making a note about it now :flower1:

Question: I was just able to get A&E for the first day of my trip, but not at the time I need. What is the likely hood that I will be able change the time? I got it for 11:30-12:30, but we weren't planning on arriving to the park until 4 (we are driving down that day).

Question: I was just able to get A&E for the first day of my trip, but not at the time I need. What is the likely hood that I will be able change the time?

If you try to change it immediately that the day was released (i.e. as soon as you booked) perhaps not too bad. The longer you leave it though, the worse the chances of there being many slots available will become.

Andre

If you try to change it immediately that the day was released (i.e. as soon as you booked) perhaps not too bad. The longer you leave it though, the worse the chances of there being many slots available will become.

Andre

Thanks. This day was completely booked when my window opened, so I guess it is slim to none that I can change it.

Andre
I actually disagree, I think people tend to make changes closer to their trip dates. Either way, don't give up checking, as people change their plans all the time. You may also have luck finding alternate times by splitting your group into smaller parties.

I actually disagree, I think people tend to make changes closer to their trip dates.

For most FP+ that's probably true, but I doubt they would have much success with A&E, which is what the question was about. Definitely worth keeping on looking though, you never know. Even try that morning.

Andre

Annual Pass (AP) holders can prebook attractions up to 60 days in advance of the beginning of an onsite stay, for a maximum of 7 days or the length of the onsite stay--whichever is greater. As with above, FP+ selections can be made for the entire length of stay.

After reading this, is it safe to say that I can book 7 days of FPs with an AP while doing a split stay (3 night/4 night)?

Yes, @mesaboy2 is correct. 7 days is your FP allotment and as long as you are onsite > onsite, your booking window remains open for all 7 days.

For most FP+ that's probably true, but I doubt they would have much success with A&E, which is what the question was about. Definitely worth keeping on looking though, you never know. Even try that morning.

Andre
It's been my experience that people tend to hoard A&E FPs like they ADRs, and release them as they finalize their plans. So you never know.

Hey, y'all -- I've read through MOST of the things here, and I think I have it right ... but would someone just mind helping ease my stress level and tell me I'm planning this right? This will be our first round of FP+ for the holidays, and while I've never really cared about it before, I think it may be a major benefit.

We're planning to do NYE again this year at EPCOT. I will have an annual pass (buying in October, right before Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend), but my husband will not. We split time between Texas and Florida, and still have a Florida address but not a credit card tied to that address, so I'd prefer to buy tickets when I get to Florida to receive the resident discount (well, for my annual pass. It won't matter for his single-day ticket.)

We're planning to have a hotel reservation, but again - I won't book that until I have my annual pass for any discounts. That should give us 60-day booking window, if I read correctly.

I will be able to make FP+ reservations with my annual pass as soon as it's activated and linked, so I should also go ahead and buy his 1-day park ticket and link it to our profile so I can make his FP+ reservations as well at the same time, correct?

Normally, I'm not a fan of the concept of FP+ - but on NYE, I'm kinda excited to think I can schedule a couple of rides so we don't have to do Ellen's Energy Adventure and Captain EO a couple of times before our ADRs for the afternoon start kicking in.

Thanks guys! Sorry for the long post.

Okay, I am getting down to the wire and getting ready to book my FP+s on Sunday (I think) for our 30 day window which opens that day (maybe? see below). I think I have most everything figured out BUT what if I make my FP+ selections but then decide to change what days we are going to the parks? I only have a 3 day ticket and plan on visiting HS on Aug 26th, AK on Aug 28th, and MK on Aug 31st but those dates, while almost firmed up, may still change. Can I change the dates of my FP+ selections if I have to?

And because my head seems to be somewhat muddled for some reason (too much planning maybe????) if I plan on visiting HS on the 26th of August, when exactly does my 30 day window open? Is it 12 a.m. Sunday morning (July 26th) or is it 12 a.m. Monday morning (July 27th). The DIBB website is telling me July 26th is when my 30 day window opens but my head is telling me that it is July 27th. I am so mind-boggled!!!!

Last edited:
Okay, I am getting down to the wire and getting ready to book my FP+s on Sunday (I think) for our 30 day window which opens that day (maybe? see below). I think I have most everything figured out BUT what if I make my FP+ selections but then decide to change what days we are going to the parks? I only have a 3 day ticket and plan on visiting HS on Aug 26th, AK on Aug 28th, and MK on Aug 31st but those dates, while almost firmed up, may still change. Can I change the dates of my FP+ selections if I have to?

And because my head seems to be somewhat muddled for some reason (too much planning maybe????) if I plan on visiting HS on the 26th of August, when exactly does my 30 day window open? Is it 12 a.m. Sunday morning (July 26th) or is it 12 a.m. Monday morning (July 27th). The DIBB website is telling me July 26th is when my 30 day window opens but my head is telling me that it is July 27th. I am so mind-boggled!!!!
Yes, you can switch your days once you've made your initial selections, but will be subject to availability at the time you make the change.

Your 30 day window for 8/26 is 12 am on 7/27 (or midnight on 7/26).

Also, just want to make sure you are aware that you cannot schedule all 3 days at once, you will need to do each one at the 30 day mark.

Yes, you can switch your days once you've made your initial selections, but will be subject to availability at the time you make the change.

Your 30 day window for 8/26 is 12 am on 7/27 (or midnight on 7/26).

Also, just want to make sure you are aware that you cannot schedule all 3 days at once, you will need to do each one at the 30 day mark.
Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked but we have FP+ booked and some are for 40" rides. My son is 39.75" and hopefully he'll grow to 40" by the time of our trip. I've read about rider swap, but not sure how it works with FP+. We're party of 4, so if 2 has FP+ for Splash Mountain, can we ask for rider swap right then at the FP+line?
When my daughters were not quite 40", I had the same concerns. They don't make kids take off their footwear as long as they are normal height heels so you should have no worries.

So tinker bell does have a fast pass? I'm confused because some sites say her meet and greet does while others say she doesn't? Is she still in the same place?

We are going in November any guesses as to who will be her "guest"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter