FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I had swapped a tier 2 for maelstrom but hadn't thought about swapping a living with the land for an elusive test track and soarin combo on the same day.

My wife mocked me when I had Living with the Land booked for both of our Epcot days. Turned into a valuable commodity! Just switched both of the Lands out, one for TT and the other for Soarin'.

Considering a last minute trip without the kids and I have no planning time! We would be staying offsite from June 28-July 5 (no choice on the dates)! Should I buy tickets through Disney and pick them up and if so will they show up on MDE and allow me to book FP+? Or if not I can simply get them from undercovertourist and link them..is that correct?

Considering a last minute trip without the kids and I have no planning time! We would be staying offsite from June 28-July 5 (no choice on the dates)! Should I buy tickets through Disney and pick them up and if so will they show up on MDE and allow me to book FP+? Or if not I can simply get them from undercovertourist and link them..is that correct?

Yes, as soon as you have a valid ticket number, from any seller, you can link those tickets in MDE so you can use FP+.

Yes, as soon as you have a valid ticket number, from any seller, you can link those tickets in MDE so you can use FP+.
Thanks! And I already have a package for October on MDE..will these tickets just be listed as their own separate thing on MDE( I sound like I'm making no sense I'm sure!)?

I am 30 days out today and was able to book FP+ as follows:

1. Meet A&E 9:05-10:05 am
2. Enchanted Tales with Belle 11:15-12:15
3. SDMT 2:40-3:40 (earliest one available)

My questions are the following:

-If we want to see the parade at 3 pm, what is the best strategy for doing so?

-Should we arrive at SDMT exactly at 2:40, or go after the parade?

-How long does the parade last?

-Where should we go to view the parade? I am thinking Frontier Land may be the best area. Does the parade originate from here? Will we miss it if we try to view it from this area?

Thanks for any advise that you can offer!:)

I'm not sure I can help with 7DMT, but I believe FoF starts near Splash at 3pm. So you could ride first and then try to squeeze into a spot on the hub or approaching from the Tomorrowland Terrace sometime after 3 (I guess you would go through Tomorrowland to do this). OR you could watch the parade from Frontierland soon after 3 and then head on over to 7DMT (might have a shorter FP wait? I can't say for sure). That would put you there sometime after 3:30 or later, but you do have until technically 3:55 to enter the line. Either one seems tricky to me.

Be sure not to choose the "mail" option if you order from Disney. I ordered from Disney's website since I have a short stay and UT isn't a big savings there. (This close, I would prefer not to wait on the mail from UT anyway). The Disney website gives you a will call option and a confirmation number on your receipt. You go immediately to MDE and have your tickets linked with that number. Then you can book FP within minutes instead of days by mail. HTH.

I have not used or booked Fast Pass before.

My sister wii have her own resort reservation with tickets for 2. I have a reservation with tickets for 3. I have linked our two reservations. I have her resort reservation #.

I will be the one doing the booking for the FP for the two reservations.

Is it like, making dining reservations, where you can making reservations for how many people?

Do I make the FP under my resort # for 5 (our total of people)? If so, will they be linked to her reservation

Or FP for 3 and 2.

Can I book for FP for the two reservations? If so how can we have the same times?

I'm not sure I can help with 7DMT, but I believe FoF starts near Splash at 3pm. So you could ride first and then try to squeeze into a spot on the hub or approaching from the Tomorrowland Terrace sometime after 3 (I guess you would go through Tomorrowland to do this). OR you could watch the parade from Frontierland soon after 3 and then head on over to 7DMT (might have a shorter FP wait? I can't say for sure). That would put you there sometime after 3:30 or later, but you do have until technically 3:55 to enter the line. Either one seems tricky to me. Be sure not to choose the "mail" option if you order from Disney. I ordered from Disney's website since I have a short stay and UT isn't a big savings there. (This close, I would prefer not to wait on the mail from UT anyway). The Disney website gives you a will call option and a confirmation number on your receipt. You go immediately to MDE and have your tickets linked with that number. Then you can book FP within minutes instead of days by mail. HTH.

Thanks, that's what I plan to do!! :)

Any thoughts on whether Test Track will be available as a 4th FP+ around 11-12 in mid-August? We're able to make our FP+ selections this weekend, and I'm seriously stressing out about it… I think I already don't like this new system. :eek:

Any thoughts on whether Test Track will be available as a 4th FP+ around 11-12 in mid-August? We're able to make our FP+ selections this weekend, and I'm seriously stressing out about it… I think I already don't like this new system. :eek:

We were at Epcot today. We headed straight to soarin since we had fp for test track. On our walk to soarin I noticed they were already putting signs up saying that both test track and soarin had limited availability for fp. We were able to get our 4th fp around 12:40 and neither were available at that point. We were able to get one for Maelstrom. The limited availability signs were going up at about 8:55 am. We love not having to run around to gather fp's but we have not had luck getting much for the 4th fp.

(NOTE: I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum first. My apologies if you see it twice.)

This thread has been VERY helpful in understanding this system. We are arriving in less than two weeks. Our last trip was in '96, obviously well before any of this was in place.

The first is not related to the FP+ system per se, but relates to how much time is saved.

1. How bad are lines going to be for us during June 23-28? I know summer is busy, but this is when we could come. Can anyone give me an idea of how long lines might be for various rides? We are going early in the morning and taking an afternoon break, then returning in the evenings to give our kids a break and avoid the hottest parts of the day. Our kids are DD(4) and DS(9), so we aren't likely to hit the bigger thrill rides due to height requirements for our DD.

and related to that

2. How much time will FP+ usually save us? For example, if a ride wait is 45 minutes, how long would we likely wait in the FP+ line?

Thanks for any help.

Score!

I was able to change my Living with the Land FP+ to Test Track, giving me TT and Soarin' on the same day.

I was also able to change my Great Movie Ride to Toy Story Mania. So now, on our only HS day, I have RnR, ToT, and TSM. Whoooo hooo!

Thanks for the heads up, DISboards!

I doubt it will be there. I finished my last FP at 1230 last week and TT and Soarin were gone.

I doubt it will be there. I finished my last FP at 1230 last week and TT and Soarin were gone.

Bummer. This would have been my plan. I think TT and Soarin got overwhelmed with old FP too. Just talked to a friend who went last summer and said they waited 45-60 minutes for Soarin WITH A FP. This is prior to FP+ implementation. So I'm not sure if the new system is to blame. There just aren't enough big ticket rides in epcot. I'll drink around the world then go see capt EO. :)

Bummer. This would have been my plan. I think TT and Soarin got overwhelmed with old FP too. Just talked to a friend who went last summer and said they waited 45-60 minutes for Soarin WITH A FP. This is prior to FP+ implementation. So I'm not sure if the new system is to blame. There just aren't enough big ticket rides in epcot. I'll drink around the world then go see capt EO. :)

Crazy! Is it best to try for these first thing in the morning then?

Probably the best bet. I can never get my family up and ready early enough. We always end up waiting in a few long lines to see everything we want to see.

I'm totally with you and am impressed when I hear of all those who get to the park for rope drop. To get us all up, showered, ready and organized takes some time. Guess though will just estimate when we'll get there and try to book th FP for then.

I'm totally with you and am impressed when I hear of all those who get to the park for rope drop. To get us all up, showered, ready and organized takes some time. Guess though will just estimate when we'll get there and try to book th FP for then.

We are Rope Droppers. The tricks are to shower in the evening or afternoon. Showering in the morning is a total waste, imho, because I feel sticky and sweaty about 5 minutes after leaving the resort. We set out clothes, shoes, Magic Bands and pack park bags the night before. In fairness, we are early risers anyway. My DH and I are often awake before 6 a.m. One of us will take our mugs to get coffee while the other one gets dressed and then we start waking the children.

If you get to a park within an hour of Rope Drop, I think you are doing fine. It's amazing to watch the hordes coming in as we are leaving at lunchtime to head to the pool or a water park.

Have a great vacation!!!!

We are Rope Droppers. The tricks are to shower in the evening or afternoon. Showering in the morning is a total waste, imho, because I feel sticky and sweaty about 5 minutes after leaving the resort. We set out clothes, shoes, Magic Bands and pack park bags the night before. In fairness, we are early risers anyway. My DH and I are often awake before 6 a.m. One of us will take our mugs to get coffee while the other one gets dressed and then we start waking the children. If you get to a park within an hour of Rope Drop, I think you are doing fine. It's amazing to watch the hordes coming in as we are leaving at lunchtime to head to the pool or a water park. Have a great vacation!!!!

This is our routine too - funny though - is that I was hesitant to share that as I dont more to get the same idea!!

For us - the biggest thing is having bags packed. We are a working/school family, so our home routine is everyone up at 7 and out the door by 7:45. That includes breakfast and showers for 2 of 4 and taking previously prepared snacks from the fridge into a school bag.

Updated OP to reflect tiering changes. Thanks to those who posted about them and brought them to my attention.

Just changed our Living with the Land FP to Test Track! Thanks for the info! Received our magic bands today. Hope they stay on - I have tiny wrists. Lol

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter