Fantasmic! Viewing Area Locations

The new fireworks show, Disneyland Forever, is intended to be watched from the F! viewing area. There are projections on the mist screens, similar to the ones on Main Street. We did the River Belle Terrace dinner and watched F! and the fireworks from the preferred viewing area and it was a great view - the fireworks were pretty much centered over the mist screen. Had friends who watched from the PotC bridge, and the fireworks were right of the mist screen, though it was still a good unobstructed view. The best view non-reserved view is probably blue, right behind the control tower, or as close to that area as you can get.

That's good to know that the view from the PotC bridge was good. Do you happen to know where on the PotC bridge your friend was standing? The F! viewing area runs almost the length of the bridge, so at some point I was thinking those large trees and the RBT building might get in the way of seeing things.

An update regarding the viewing areas...in general, I do think it sounds like the area themselves have begun to settle into a "final" configuration (although that can change tomorrow). Unless someone walks the entire viewing area, it's going to be tough to figure out where exactly each viewing are begins and ends. I think it might be easier at this point, to just go with generalized descriptions.
  • Blue Bayou - Center viewing area, closed to the water. (I think it's roughly in line with the outdoor patio area for RBT.)
  • River Belle Terrace - To the left of the Blue Bayou section when facing the water (the old location of the dessert package).
  • Blue FP - To the left of the RBT viewing area. It includes some water side area (from roughly the boat dock, I think) and then extends backwards to the raised section close to the restaurants (Cafe Orleans and French Market)
  • Yellow FP - To the right of the Blue Bayou viewing area and behind. It extends (I think) from the petrified tree to the BB viewing area, then behind that to beyond the anchor and again back to the raised section close the restaurants. I think it still includes the Central Light Tower.
  • Green FP - The PotC Bridge
  • Other - Around the Sound Booth (so to the left and right of the Central Light Tower) is Guest Recovery and other non-public viewing areas.
  • Standby - To the right of the Yellow FP, over towards the Mark Twain dock and Big Thunder path.

My gosh, this has become a headache. When I was there last May we saw the later 10:30pm show and it was the easiest thing I've ever done to get a seat on the ground.

So just to double check, for the dining packages, ECVs are seated in the last row or two of the designated dining sections?

We have reservations for the week after next for the RBT package for the first showing of Fantasmic. Where do we line up for our section, and how soon before the show do we have to arrive?

So just to double check, for the dining packages, ECVs are seated in the last row or two of the designated dining sections?
From all reports, yes, that is still the case. They ask the ECVs and wheelchairs to be in the back of the dining package sections so that they do not block the view of the guests sitting on the ground.

So I have tried doing research and would like to know opinions. Which is better Blue or Yellow? How are the sections disbursed? Which is better for viewing with small children?

In a nutshell, the Blue viewing areas are to the left side of the island (when facing TSI) and the Yellow viewing areas are to the right. The Yellow areas do encompass some areas behind the centered dining package viewing areas, so those might be considered slightly better. However, I don't know that either area is markedly better than the other for anyone (adults or children). Both have some excellent viewing areas (near the water) and some poor viewing areas. They distribute Yellow first, then Green (PotC bridge, very few of these), and then Blue FPs for each show (then they start on the second show, if applicable).

I read that RBT allows you to request a show time no matter the time of your reservation. Is this confirmed to be the case or is like BB where if you want a late F! showing, you need to eat later?

In a nutshell, the Blue viewing areas are to the left side of the island (when facing TSI) and the Yellow viewing areas are to the right. The Yellow areas do encompass some areas behind the centered dining package viewing areas, so those might be considered slightly better. However, I don't know that either area is markedly better than the other for anyone (adults or children). Both have some excellent viewing areas (near the water) and some poor viewing areas. They distribute Yellow first, then Green (PotC bridge, very few of these), and then Blue FPs for each show (then they start on the second show, if applicable).
Where are the cues for F! Packages? RBT? And BB?

RBT and BB enter from Harbour Galley near Haunted Mansion.

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but on 6/10 they had combined RBT and BB seating areas into one. When we did the BB package in March, it was perfect and had center view. We did RBT this time and I could hear several BB guests around us not too happy with their view as they were expecting center. I asked a CM and they mentioned they combined the areas.

RBT and BB enter from Harbour Galley near Haunted Mansion.

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but on 6/10 they had combined RBT and BB seating areas into one. When we did the BB package in March, it was perfect and had center view. We did RBT this time and I could hear several BB guests around us not too happy with their view as they were expecting center. I asked a CM and they mentioned they combined the areas.
Does anyone else have recent experience with this? I'd be interested to know if this is consistent and both groups are always combined now.

Does anyone else have recent experience with this? I'd be interested to know if this is consistent and both groups are always combined now.

That's a good question. I can't help but wonder if they combine them when the total number of dining package people is less than a certain number. It would make sense to free up all that extra space for FP holders. As of right now we are scheduled for the RBT package this weekend. I'll report back with how it goes.

I am waiting for the show now in the green area at the end of the POC bridge (As far from the tree house as the section will go. My view of the show area looks fantastic but I am not optimistic of my fireworks view. I will see how it is though and report back. I was almost forced to stand right behind the smaller of the two trees in front of the bridge but a wonderful CM who was talking to me and a couple next to me found that the crowd hadn't gone all the way down and led us down there to a completely unobstructed area. Very COOL! I am excited for F! as its my fav night time show. This is my first time seeing it since they started the FPs for it.

We saw F! and the fireworks show from the green FP section on the left side of POC bridge (opposite side of the Tree house). We were as far over as we could be with only about 3 people between us and the light pole that the rope is tied to to end that viewing section. It was a great view of the show. DD is 48 or 49 in tall and was able to see the show. For a couple parts she stood on the bottom of the railing to get a little higher but mostly kept her feet on the ground. We were right up against the railing so only the closer viewing sections were in front of us but we were elevated enough that is adults had no obstructed view at all.

We stayed and watched the fireworks after the show and it was better than I expected as a spot to see them. We had a great view of the water screen and could see all the fireworks though some of the lower ones by the castle were a little obstructed. We are supposed to see the fireworks on Thursday with some local family so if I get a spot on main street I can compare and see what the difference is.

We are doing the BB package. Will I be able to park our stroller at the back of our viewing section? Or where do we park our stroller? Thanks!

They had strollers parked back along POC on either side of the entrance along the wall. I don't know where the dining package viewing area is so don't know if there is a different stroller area for that section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter