Fantasmic! Viewing Area Locations

The last time I called Otto, he will only tell you the show times for that night and not the FP distribution information. I did not see a place for F! in Mousewait Disneyland or Disneyland Wait Times.

Do you get to choose your show time when you do the Aladdin package? Might to that then just to make sure I'm holding a FP after all. Gotta eat anyway, right?

Do you get to choose your show time when you do the Aladdin package? Might to that then just to make sure I'm holding a FP after all. Gotta eat anyway, right?
The show time is based on when you dine/pick-up your meal. I don't know if this is still accurate, but when I asked back in December (when the packages debuted), the CM said that meals before 4:00 pm were given FPs for the first show and meals after 4:00 pm were given FPs for the second show.

Last edited:
What color FP do you get with the Aladdin dining package?
I think it's a blue FP (although, I've heard conflicting information from CMs). I believe another Dis'er mentioned getting a blue FP in a different thread (I couldn't find that thread to reference it).

Huh. I was hoping for yellow since those are the first FPs distributed for the shows, right? If the Aladdin package dishes out blue, there is no need to get the package because I am sure I can snag a blue one anyways.

I was also surprised that the On-The-Go FPs were blue, but there must have been a reason. I think getting a first show yellow and second show blue are the easiest FPs to get because the day starts with one and ends with the other. The biggest draw to getting the On-The-Go meals is that you don't have to wonder if you'll get a FP and you can (to some degree) select which show you want to see (first or second based on the time of the meal). So if you are arriving after noon, but wanted to see the first show, if you got an On-The-Go meal, you would know you that you'll have a FP for the first show.

I've been debating getting the Blue Bayou F! package. It will be about $200 for our family of 4 - ouch. Since we have 5 park days, I figure I will book a F! package for the end of our trip and try to see it with a regular FP earlier on. If we don't like that (or it's not good enough or whatever) we will do the BB F! meal. Otherwise, we will cancel.

We planned to eat at the BB, so we just did the F! package and it was soooooo worth it. We had never seen F! and to be in the center front row was amazing. I would do it a million times over!! We made our dinner reservations for 6:50 as disney told us we could do the second showing of F! at that time, but our server still tried to give us 1st showing FP. We kindly told her we wanted 2nd showing and she switched it out no problems.

So I finally broke down and made reservations for the RBT diningh package. The reservation is for 5:50, so I am hoping that will get us FP's to the 1st Fantasmic showing. So, what should my plan be? Are we safe getting to the FP area about 20 minutes before showtime? My daughter and I will want to sit (so she can see) somewhere close to the front, but my parents will probably need to stand because my mom won't do well sitting on the ground. Do we just tell the CM when we are entering the viewing area where we want to go, or do they force you to sit/stand where they direct you?

If you get the Aladdin's Oasis meals, & FP - would you need to buy one for your 2 year old as well? Or just the enough meals for the members in your party who paid for admission?

Just reporting back. I managed to get a blue FP for the second show during the 24 hr event. I came in late and was surprised that the spot behind the central light tower hadn't been taken yet. It hadn't gone up yet so people were rushing by. After about 5 minutes, someone girls came up to me and asked why I was standing there - I told them the tower would eventually go up. They went and asked a CM who told them the same thing so they stayed with me. Only when the tower finally went up shortly before the show did the spot finally fil up. It was a really great spot for viewing! Wouldn't have found it without this board!

Hmmm..we're going to try to watch it without FP. If we are there early, what would be a good spot to watch? The central light tower?

Hmmm..we're going to try to watch it without FP. If we are there early, what would be a good spot to watch? The central light tower?

The light tower is a FP area (blue). Pretty much all viewing areas are FP. There is standby for those without a FP but you never know if they will let you in at all. Since the area around is very limited, you also can't just stand anywhere as CMs will tell you to move on so you are not blocking the path. I suggest if you want to view, get a FP :)

Has it officially hit a point of less and less changes to the seating map, if so does someone have a "final" seating map. Or most up to date if they are still changing seating often.

I've seen that a Blue Bayou package allows you to sit. I would like to take video of the show with a tripod, but don't want to obstruct anyone's view who may be sitting. Does the BB section stay seated for the whole show? If so, maybe I can just get to the back of the BB section since people behind the BB section are standing anyway.

Yes, the Blue Bayou viewing area is ground seating only for the entire show. There may be limited standing room area in the back of the section, behind where the ECVs and wheelchairs will be located. That will be your best bet if you want to use a tripod and/or view the show standing.

I've searched the thread and I apologize if this takes it off topic but I can't find any information about Fantasmic/Dining and viewing the fireworks. I know you could stay put when there was the dessert option available but what about with a dining package? Do they shoo everyone along, can you stand and have a decent view. Does a specific viewing area of F! give you the chance of a better fireworks view. Again, sorry if this is too off topic but I wasn't sure if it merited it's own thread since it's related to the topic at hand.

I've searched the thread and I apologize if this takes it off topic but I can't find any information about Fantasmic/Dining and viewing the fireworks. I know you could stay put when there was the dessert option available but what about with a dining package? Do they shoo everyone along, can you stand and have a decent view. Does a specific viewing area of F! give you the chance of a better fireworks view. Again, sorry if this is too off topic but I wasn't sure if it merited it's own thread since it's related to the topic at hand.
Given the timing of the fireworks after the first F! ends and the use of the mist screens, it seems like Disney intended guests to remain in the F! viewing areas to watch fireworks. There isn't really enough time to go anywhere else to view fireworks. I don't have a sense of which of the viewing areas offer the "best" view, but my guess is that the Green (PotC bridge) is probably non-ideal because the buildings/trees might get in the way. I would probably aim to be somewhere where the fireworks and mist screens are in the same line of sight (so maybe the blue FP areas, closest to the center?).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter