Fantasmic! Viewing Area Locations

figment_jii

DIS Veteran
When the F! FP system first debuted, there were a lot of questions about where the various viewing locations are located. Things remained in flux for a while, so I was hoping that folks who have been to DL recently and seen F! could help update the viewing map (the map below is based on late-December information).

RiversofAmerica_NOS_withAnchor_Colors_zps1e21e004.jpg

Key:
  • Red is the standby viewing areas
  • Blue is the Blue FP viewing area
  • Yellow is the Yellow FP viewing area
  • Green is the Green FP viewing area
  • Brown is the Hungry Bear Dessert Party viewing area
  • Purple is the Blue Bayou dining package viewing area
  • Black is the River Belle Terrace dining package viewing area
Thanks!

As you are updating the info, would you also note which are "Standing and/or Sitting" areas.

Are there FP spots with chairs?
I want to try for a standing spot or maybe one with chairs.
If I have to sit on the ground, after the show I'll be so stiff and froze up, I won't be able to move.

Thanks for keeping the Fantasmic! FP info updated.

At this point, it doesn't sound like there are any chairs in the viewing areas (except for a few in the VIP/in-house/non-general public area to the left of the control booth).

I am curious what is happening in the dessert party area while it is unavailable. Is that now FP space?

Does anyone know where the area is for the F! Aladdin Grab & Go meal fastpass is? Is it just a regular fastpass that you can get from a machine during the day or does it have better viewing area?

This photo was posted on another board, I added the details in white:
fantasmic_dining.jpg
Observed in late December and early January:
Hungry Bear, Blue Bayou, River Belle were all seated (on the ground) at the waters edge. The "regular" fastpass guests entered first, leaving the "premium" areas empty (anyone trying to sneak into the empty seated areas would be quite obvious).

The "Guest Relations" area has chairs, and was formerly used for the desert package.

(this is my first attempt at uploading a photo directly to the board)

This photo was posted on another board, I added the details in white:
View attachment 78807
Observed in late December and early January:
Hungry Bear, Blue Bayou, River Belle were all seated (on the ground) at the waters edge. The "regular" fastpass guests entered first, leaving the "premium" areas empty (anyone trying to sneak into the empty seated areas would be quite obvious).

The "Guest Relations" area has chairs, and was formerly used for the desert package.

(this is my first attempt at uploading a photo directly to the board)
When the F! FP system first debuted, there were a lot of questions about where the various viewing locations are located. Things remained in flux for a while, so I was hoping that folks who have been to DL recently and seen F! could help update the viewing map (the map below is based on late-December information).

RiversofAmerica_NOS_withAnchor_Colors_zps1e21e004.jpg

Key:
  • Brown is the Hungry Bear Dessert Party viewing area
Thanks!
Do you know the order that the ordinary FPs are given out during the day?

Thanks Nonsuch. I remember seeing this map in the other thread as well. I really wish the person had color corrected it to some degree because everything has a yellowish tint! :) I'm hopefuly that folks that visited in January or Feb will be able to comment. The date on the map is from 12/16/14, which is almost when the FP system started.

Does anyone know where the area is for the F! Aladdin Grab & Go meal fastpass is? Is it just a regular fastpass that you can get from a machine during the day or does it have better viewing area?
My understanding is that you get a regular FP (don't know which color) so you're ultimately mixed in with everyone else that got a FP in that color group.

Do you know the order that the ordinary FPs are given out during the day?
I haven't been able to figure out if Green is still a valid FP color, but previously they distributed yellow, then blue. If there were two shows, they distributed the first show first, followed by the second show (e.g., first show yellow, first show blue, second show yellow, second show blue).

Last edited:
Green is still a color, given out between yellow and blue, and is strictly for the bridge area over pirates. There's only 120 or so per show.

Green is still a color, given out between yellow and blue, and is strictly for the bridge area over pirates. There's only 120 or so per show.
Good to know! Yes, the green area seemed like it was such a small viewing area.

I know this isn't major, but is it called "yellow" or "gold"?

Ok...here's what I know of, as of Tuesday the 17th.

The dark blue is blue, the yellow is yellow. The purple next to the blue can be either RBT or blue seated. The dark purple by the yellow next to control is guest recovery, which I've seen mostly for wheelchairs that aren't able to see in their designated section. The front section is for dining but I'm not sure what the borders are for each location. The light light blue is standby, from the dock over to the elm tree along the bank. I've heard sometimes that they fill in the area behind the daytime smoking section with walk up standby but no CM will tell you this in advance and I have seen them fill that area with blue fp.

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 60
It's yellow. It was originally gold but they changed it due to people thinking it was automatically a better section than blue, so they changed it to yellow.

So...following up on what everyone has said, does this look closer to the current system?

RiversofAmerica_NOS_withAnchor_Color2_zps12a9bd41.jpg

Key:
  • Brown is the Hungry Bear Dessert Party viewing area (currently being used as overflow dining package or FP b/c there are no dessert parties)
  • Orange is the Non-General Public viewing areas.

Last edited:
Desert package not available right now due to hungry bear being closed. It says estimated time for reopening in april 2nd. Anyone know how likely it is that it opens then? We are headed the end of April and I originally wanted to book the dessert package, but it wont let you right now.

Okay, I changed Orange to be "Non-General Public" viewing area. I thought about calling orange Guest Services/Recovery, but wasn't sold on that name. In the end, it's not an area that the general public has access to.

I've looked at all the maps, and I have a question. The area between Cafe Orleans and French Market has sections of shallow steps and railings. They are on the other side of the main walkway from the viewing area and water. Does that make sense? Do the fastpass sections extend that far back? Or are the fastpass/dining sections within the same roped area that they were before?

Figment-jii, I'm just now seeing this...they look good!

I've looked at all the maps, and I have a question. The area between Cafe Orleans and French Market has sections of shallow steps and railings. They are on the other side of the main walkway from the viewing area and water. Does that make sense? Do the fastpass sections extend that far back? Or are the fastpass/dining sections within the same roped area that they were before?

They do extend all the way back to these areas. They were not viewing areas before fp (they used to use the walkways as walkways, now they are viewing areas) and now the walkway is way back against Cafe Orlenas/FM.

Thanks for the info! Although that makes me sad. That fenced in area was our favorite spot!

DD3 and I did River Belle this past Monday night and were directed to the purple section in the most recent map above (labeled there as BB). I think the Brown section was just regular fastpass (I don't know what kind) and was larger- I'd say the purple section was only 1/2 to 2/3rds the size of what's shown above. The Black section on the map above was the BB section.

I don't know if maybe the areas change? Monday night show in slow season and there weren't very many people in either dining section. We didn't get there until 7:15 (7:30 show..in theory...it started 15 min late) and still had a spot on the riverfront basically dead center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter