Fantasmic! Viewing Area Locations

ugh, that really sounds nightmarish, and is the reason I've stayed away al these years (and have skipped WOC, too, for that matter). Is the show really worth it?

It's a hard call because some people love some shows, while others do not. I like F! and think it's worth seeing (at least once). Unfortunately, short of getting the Blue Bayou or RBT dining packages, it's hard to say what kind of a view you'll get.

I love big spectacle, so I imagine I'd like this if I could see it. Well, we will give it a try. :)

We have the BB dining package for our upcoming trip, but reading through these comments, it sounds like the view from the front row is obstructed by the fence. For anyone who has done the BB dining package seating, how far back do you recommend to sit for an unobstructed view? Is the second row far back enough?

ugh, that really sounds nightmarish, and is the reason I've stayed away al these years (and have skipped WOC, too, for that matter). Is the show really worth it?

Worth it is a matter of opinion. My view is yes, for F! is best night show at DLR. I also think WOC is worth a very long wait with a FP. A close 2nd for me.

We have the BB dining package for our upcoming trip, but reading through these comments, it sounds like the view from the front row is obstructed by the fence. For anyone who has done the BB dining package seating, how far back do you recommend to sit for an unobstructed view? Is the second row far back enough?

I sat 2nd row back at end of March and could see everything. :)

So if I am reading this thread correctly, all BB viewing you must sit down? You get some type of cushion to sit on? And the RBT viewing you could either be sitting or standing? My husband had a hip replacement and I am not sure if he can sit on the ground (or at least get up afterwards!). I would prefer that we were able to stand but want a great view. I was planning on doing the BB dinning package but now I think that may be a bad idea. Would a regular FP be our best bet? And are regular FP viewing areas standing? Or should we do the RBT? Does anyone know what the menu items are for BB and RBT?

I have the same question as Lori, but just reversed. At that hour of the day my kids are much better sitting on the ground. But it seems hard to know in advance whether you will be sitting or standing, unless you do the guaranteed ground seating with Blue Bayou.

Is there a FP strategy that will encourage ground seating? Or does it vary too much to make a plan in advance? I know generally that the closer you are to the water, the more likely you are to be sitting down.

I think both shows are very well done but I still don't think they are worth a big effort at the end of a long tiring day. I have been lucky with F! in the past in that I have ended up with very good viewing areas without having to stake out a spot (I havent been since they started the FP for this).

WOC I love the show but HATE the viewing area. If you don't get a good viewing area (which is more likely than not if you arent there very early it seems) then its not worth it at all for me. Ive been miserable both times I saw it.

Is F! worth it? I would say yes. It's a little hard for me to judge because I've seen it so many times that there is a nostalgia bias for me, but I took my boyfriend to see it for the first time on our trip last December and he LOVED it. I almost had more fun watching his reactions! He was gasping, smiling, laughing, surprised, it was great. During the "scary" parts he even looked over at me with this concerned look on his face, like "oh no!!" :rotfl:Made me remember how it felt to experience all that Disney has to offer for the first time.

Is WOC worth it? In my experience, no. I have seen it only three times and don't bother on most trips. Only one of those times did I have an okay view. If that view could be guaranteed every time, then it may be worth it, but the other times I saw pretty much nothing because I am shorter than average.

Is there a FP strategy that will encourage ground seating? Or does it vary too much to make a plan in advance? I know generally that the closer you are to the water, the more likely you are to be sitting down.
Unfortunately, no, there is no consistent strategy to be in the ground seated FP areas. The areas closest to the RoA are usually ground seating, but it's been inconsistent about when those areas are filled. Unlike WoC where guests can self select an location within their colored FP area, F! CMs seem to direct guests to specific areas. It would be nice if they always filled the ground seating area first, but it doesn't seem like that is how they do it. So the best you can do is get a FP, get there early, and hope for the best.

It's a hard call because some people love some shows, while others do not. I like F! and think it's worth seeing (at least once). Unfortunately, short of getting the Blue Bayou or RBT dining packages, it's hard to say what kind of a view you'll get.

I like Fantasmic, too. I love waiting until the last minute to show up, sitting down in a real chair with a front-row view, and watching Fantasmic for free...... on Youtube. :rotfl2:

Thanks for all the helpful information! Where is the closest stroller parking or do you take strollers in with you?

I would also like to know about strollers. Can we take a stroller into the BB seating area and sit at the back with the stroller?

Ok so for real, the BB package comes with a cushion?? To keep, or they are sitting there for you??

I have a question which I can't really find an answer to. Since Fantasmic is a FP show now I'd sure like to get one. Since my kiddies won't be with me on this trip, I'd like to take advantage of the second showing. If I go and pull a FP and pull one for the first show, how would I go about getting one for the second showing? I don't think they are interchangable? Can I exchange it with a CM? Reason I am asking is that you never know when they will distribute FPs for the second show and I don't want to lose out on getting one. Ideally I'd like to go first thing in the morning and get one for the second show so I don't have to worry about coming back later and possibly missing out.

I have the same question as Lori above, but I don't think it was ever answered. Can you stand in the BB viewing area?

I have a question which I can't really find an answer to. Since Fantasmic is a FP show now I'd sure like to get one. Since my kiddies won't be with me on this trip, I'd like to take advantage of the second showing. If I go and pull a FP and pull one for the first show, how would I go about getting one for the second showing? I don't think they are interchangable? Can I exchange it with a CM? Reason I am asking is that you never know when they will distribute FPs for the second show and I don't want to lose out on getting one. Ideally I'd like to go first thing in the morning and get one for the second show so I don't have to worry about coming back later and possibly missing out.
Unfortunately, the only way to get a FP for the second show is to wait until the machines start to distribute FPs for the second show. You can ask the CMs which show's FPs are being distributed (usually there is a sign telling guests) before pulling the FPs. There have been a few intermittent reports indicating that some guests that did not use their FP at the first show have been able to use them at the second show, but it's up to the CM, the crowds that day, etc. So you cannot count on being able to do that. If you pull a FP for the first show, but want a second show FP, you will (probably) have to wait until they start distributing FPs for the second show and then try to trade with another guest (rather like they do over at WoC). The only way to know in advance that you will get a FP for the second show is to book a dining package with an reservation time that corresponds to the second show.

I have the same question as Lori above, but I don't think it was ever answered. Can you stand in the BB viewing area?
Most all reports have indicated that they do allow guests in the Blue Bayou viewing are to stand in the back of the viewing area, behind the wheelchair/ECVs.

Do any of the DLR wait time apps tell you what time and color fast passes are currently available for Fantasmic and WOC, to save a trip across the parks?

Would Otto know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter