• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic! Viewing Area Locations

Does anyone know if there is any seating for kids with disabilities? My daughter is not in a wheelchair but cannot stand for too long due to a spine defect.

I'd be absolutely shocked if they made no accommodation for your daughter.

I'd be absolutely shocked if they made no accommodation for your daughter.

She will have her DAS card but I hate to assume that she will be accommodated. :/ Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this issue....last time we watched Fantasmic she was in a stroller so it wasn't a problem.

She will have her DAS card but I hate to assume that she will be accommodated. :/ Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this issue....last time we watched Fantasmic she was in a stroller so it wasn't a problem.
Will you have a wheelchair for her? There are dedicated wheelchair/ECV viewing areas.

Will you have a wheelchair for her? There are dedicated wheelchair/ECV viewing areas.

No. She really doesn't like to use a wheelchair....we rented one on our last trip and she was miserable in it. She doesn't like to call attention to herself (even though there are ALOT of folks in wheelchairs there! She says that there are people there who need them way more than she does :love:) and doesn't like being at a different level than us. We respect her feelings and tour the parks in a way that allows her to
have a magical time with as little pain and discomfort as possible :).

Unfortunately there are no dedicated seating areas for those with disabilities just wheelchair sections. There never have been benched of any sort for Fantasmic before or after FastPass

We did BB dining package this past Saturday. We thought that particular dining section was much smaller than that listed on the maps. It was wide enough for about 25-30 people across. It ended up completely full and, despite showing up several minutes before our earliest return time, we were at least 150 people back in the combined RBT/BB line. Our kids didn't have a great view, our choices were closer to the front but behind a pole or blocked by the taller people as they were too tired to stand. We enjoyed BB so don't consider it a total waste but it wasn't the stress-free experience we hoped.

BandMom1, my middle DS had a DAS, he has a range of issues plus a disability that inhibits his stamina/mobility (and he refuses a wheelchair because he doesn't like the attention either) and he is the primary reason we opted for a dining package because my understanding was there wasn't another good option for him. As I said, it wasn't stress-free but it was better than skipping it altogether. I would have myself or my DH line up much earlier if we did it again (while my middle DD rests elsewhere with the other parent), just FYI if that is an option for you.

Yes it does seem that they've gotten more and more lax with the early return times

We did BB dining package this past Saturday. We thought that particular dining section was much smaller than that listed on the maps. It was wide enough for about 25-30 people across. It ended up completely full and, despite showing up several minutes before our earliest return time, we were at least 150 people back in the combined RBT/BB line. Our kids didn't have a great view, our choices were closer to the front but behind a pole or blocked by the taller people as they were too tired to stand. We enjoyed BB so don't consider it a total waste but it wasn't the stress-free experience we hoped.

BandMom1, my middle DS had a DAS, he has a range of issues plus a disability that inhibits his stamina/mobility (and he refuses a wheelchair because he doesn't like the attention either) and he is the primary reason we opted for a dining package because my understanding was there wasn't another good option for him. As I said, it wasn't stress-free but it was better than skipping it altogether. I would have myself or my DH line up much earlier if we did it again (while my middle DD rests elsewhere with the other parent), just FYI if that is an option for you.

Thanks to everyone for your input. jenjersnap, was kind of thinking that the dining package might be our best option too. Though we visit DL yearly, we have skipped Fantasmic for many years now because it's such a hassle. My daughter is 12 now and I think would really enjoy seeing it so just trying to figure out how best to do that.

Can we have our strollers in the areas then like before and like over WOC? Just wanted to make sure... and so I understand the grab and go at Aladdins is just a regular fast pass? We are coming to the park late, and its the only day showing F! during out visit, so we figuring at least that way we can have an FP for the late showing...

So is the image in the OP being updated at all with the new info, or is there any way to get one that is?

I am heading down to DLR in a few weeks and plan to check out the F! viewing areas. I'll update the image (although, the imagine in the 13th post seems fairly close, with the exception of a few areas), after that. It's worth noting that it seems like the dining package viewing areas change on a fairly regular basis, probably depending on how many guests purchased the dining plan, so it's going to be hard to say for certain where the edges of those viewing areas are located.

I am heading down to DLR in a few weeks and plan to check out the F! viewing areas. I'll update the image (although, the imagine in the 13th post seems fairly close, with the exception of a few areas), after that. It's worth noting that it seems like the dining package viewing areas change on a fairly regular basis, probably depending on how many guests purchased the dining plan, so it's going to be hard to say for certain where the edges of those viewing areas are located.

I look forward to seeing your updates! :)

Hi Everybody! FWIW My 10 year old son and I went to Disneyland Sunday, March 22. Crazy busy day! We received a yellow FP at about 9 AM. The FP CMs told us to cue at the dock. We actually had to cue with the blue FP around the glow light cart.

It was our first time and it was chaos! About 8:15 everyone was "asked" to follow, yellow on the right, blue on the left. I have no idea where the blue went, but we sat in the first row against the railing and everyone in the yellow section HAD to sit. Some smart peeps actually brought their own blankets. We did get mist from the water screens but could see everything! The yellow section on Sunday was as depicted on the most recent map. All areas are roped off and the CMs collect the passes.

My only advice, besides bringing a blanket, would be to cue at the glow light cart way to the left of it if you have a yellow FP and want to be closer to the front. I thought it worked great and after the show we walked on Mansion, Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise, and Teacups before getting a dole whip to end the night.

Last edited:
Where is the location for Aladdin's Oasis fast passes? Perhaps I breezed through the color coding for this. Also, thoughts on Aladdin's Oasis?

Just a quick update (I have not updated the map), I spoke with a CM Lead at the F! distribution location and got a bit more information...
  • The Aladdin's Oasis Dining packages get either a Blue or Yellow FP (she didn't know which).
  • They distribute Yellow, Green, then Blue FPs for each show. There are only about 150 Green FPs, so those go very quickly and it's hard to gauge when those will be distributed.
  • There are no ropes dividing the dining package viewing areas, just tape on the ground.
  • The Dessert Packages may not return; they are assess options at this point.
  • There is no set pattern to how they fill the FP viewing areas (i.e., so first come does not mean you will get to pick where you want to watch from within the viewing area).
  • There is only one Standby location - at this point, but that can vary by day - located towards Big Thunder.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I really dislike this whole fastpass system for shows. We all got along just fine back in the day parking ourselves in a spot 30+ minutes before a show. As a family who can't afford to buy into a dining plan, I find it frustrating that those who pay (on TOP of regular admission fees) get the best spots. I'm not sure what we'll do for our trip in a couple weeks. Hopefully just try to view from far away I guess...

I'm not sure what we'll do for our trip in a couple weeks. Hopefully just try to view from far away I guess...
You could always try getting a FP; those are free with park admission. There is no way to know for sure if you'll be able to sit, but both FP viewing areas have some areas that tend to be ground seating.

You could always try getting a FP; those are free with park admission. There is no way to know for sure if you'll be able to sit, but both FP viewing areas have some areas that tend to be ground seating.

For sure. I guess it doesn't hurt to get one and if we see it's not in a good spot just forgo it for the night. That is if my 3 and 1 year old even last that late ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter