• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if a regular eyeglass screwdriver works to remove the icon and if the screws are flat or crosshead?

No reason they wouldn't work. The screws have a crosshead (Phillips) and are very small.

No reason they wouldn't work. The screws have a crosshead (Phillips) and are very small.
Thanks. Just wasn't sure what size the screws were. Was hoping if I brought an eyeglass repair kit when I came it would work.

Now I just need to remember to pack it LOL

I now have the capabilities to customize the magicbands for my upcoming visit. A question (it might be a bit silly, but here goes...) - Where is the name located on the inside of the band? Is it on the puck, or on the band? My daughter and I are considering switching pucks/bands for a color combination! Thanks!

I now have the capabilities to customize the magicbands for my upcoming visit. A question (it might be a bit silly, but here goes...) - Where is the name located on the inside of the band? Is it on the puck, or on the band? My daughter and I are considering switching pucks/bands for a color combination! Thanks!

that are on the puck (called icon). this is the actual guts of the band that make it work and is linked to you (and can't be changed) so you want to pick for what color icon you want and let them pick the other color.

okay I just went to customize my MagicBand for my next visit. the only options I see are the old 1.0.
Does anyone know when the 2.0 will be available to customize? I have 89 days left to customize I'm hoping if I wait a little while I'll be able to get the 2.0.

I read through the FAQ and didn't see the answer to this -- apologies if I missed it.

We have TONS of MBs. We've started refusing them, but still have MANY on our MDE profiles. As a result, we have occasionally had issues with our bands working to access our hotel room -- we have been told multiple times by multiple CMs at different times that this is because we have so many bands/cards linked to the account.

OK... I've made a bunch of the bands "INACTIVE", but this and reporting them lost DOES NOT remove them from the account. I remember hearing at some point that we could go to a guest relations desk or hotel front desk and ask them to permanently DELETE some of the bands.

Has anyone done this? Come across any issues doing so? The only reason I haven't tried yet is because it usually comes up at the beginning of a trip, and I'm worried about 1) wasting a bunch of time (!!), or 2) a CM deleting the WRONG bands.

okay I just went to customize my MagicBand for my next visit. the only options I see are the old 1.0.
Does anyone know when the 2.0 will be available to customize? I have 89 days left to customize I'm hoping if I wait a little while I'll be able to get the 2.0.

People are already getting the new ones.

I kind of wish I went with a different color for my AP band because I think the icon will look funny as move it around, especially since I am just waiting for the grey keychain to come out and that's where it's going to live for a couple years.
So the keychains and other accessories still aren't out? Any idea when they will be?

I read through the FAQ and didn't see the answer to this -- apologies if I missed it.

We have TONS of MBs. We've started refusing them, but still have MANY on our MDE profiles. As a result, we have occasionally had issues with our bands working to access our hotel room -- we have been told multiple times by multiple CMs at different times that this is because we have so many bands/cards linked to the account.

OK... I've made a bunch of the bands "INACTIVE", but this and reporting them lost DOES NOT remove them from the account. I remember hearing at some point that we could go to a guest relations desk or hotel front desk and ask them to permanently DELETE some of the bands.

Has anyone done this? Come across any issues doing so? The only reason I haven't tried yet is because it usually comes up at the beginning of a trip, and I'm worried about 1) wasting a bunch of time (!!), or 2) a CM deleting the WRONG bands.
My understanding is that the issue is caused by multiple numbers of 'active' magicbands. So if that's the case just deactivating the ones you're not planning to use should solve your problem. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

My understanding is that the issue is caused by multiple numbers of 'active' magicbands. So if that's the case just deactivating the ones you're not planning to use should solve your problem. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

This is my understanding as well. It also will no longer be a surprise, when you go to customize your new bands if you have too many active it will actually help or tell you to deactivate old ones before you can customize new ones. The number is roughly 20 of them when this happens.

Previously you would have a band not work or they would see 20ish in check in and then they would help deleted the oldest bands from the account. Now you can deactivate when you have too many on your own and the website looks for this when your setting up new bands so it's smooth sailing when you get to WDW.

This is my understanding as well. It also will no longer be a surprise, when you go to customize your new bands if you have too many active it will actually help or tell you to deactivate old ones before you can customize new ones. The number is roughly 20 of them when this happens.

Previously you would have a band not work or they would see 20ish in check in and then they would help deleted the oldest bands from the account. Now you can deactivate when you have too many on your own and the website looks for this when your setting up new bands so it's smooth sailing when you get to WDW.

I've not heard anything. I assume it's any day now as there is only 1 group of people (those that pickup bands at the resort) that still get 1.0 bands.

Thanks!!! :)

Ok 6 days out and I think there may be an issue with my 12-year-old daughters ticket/band. In my MDE, my 12-year-old daughter is listed twice, why, I don't know. She has Daisy icon and a Minnie icon.

Now her Daisy icon is the one that is on our Wilderness Lodge room only reservation and has her new yellow magicband on it. But her Minnie icon has the actual ticket on it. Ughhhhh.

I have the physical tickets, so I have determined which one exactly is hers, so I guess I'll just keep her physical ticket on myself. I'm betting she will need that physical ticket to scan at the Fast Pass stations, but the new yellow magic band to open the door to our room. Any advice?

Ok 6 days out and I think there may be an issue with my 12-year-old daughters ticket/band. In my MDE, my 12-year-old daughter is listed twice, why, I don't know. She has Daisy icon and a Minnie icon.

Now her Daisy icon is the one that is on our Wilderness Lodge room only reservation and has her new yellow magicband on it. But her Minnie icon has the actual ticket on it. Ughhhhh.

I have the physical tickets, so I have determined which one exactly is hers, so I guess I'll just keep her physical ticket on myself. I'm betting she will need that physical ticket to scan at the Fast Pass stations, but the new yellow magic band to open the door to our room. Any advice?
You should try calling the support line. We had some issues a a few years ago and it was resolved while I was on the phone.

You should try calling the support line. We had some issues a a few years ago and it was resolved while I was on the phone.
Ohhhhh, the thoughts of that. I think I'll just bring both the band and the ticket. I had rather use Guest services or something to deal with this. But if using the band for room entry and the actual physical ticket in the parks works out ok, I may not even bother.

I went in and reassigned the ticket to her with the Daisy icon but I still don't think the ticket and the magicband are linked at all. When I went and look at my fast passes, her fast passes still had the Minnie icon on it. So I am sure she will just have to tap her physical ticket to get in and use the fast pass. She won't like it, but she will have to deal with it I guess.

I was right, the ticket and magicband are still not compatible. So I just switched them back. I'll let her use my band in the parks and I'll scan her ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter